Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^^Yup, a cool looking car, but not what I need. From the wagon thread I want this:

Attachment 227122
    This is the Volvo thread jong! Not Subaru.

I know, I just want the WRX engine in a wagon, not the shit Volvo is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Volvo

Volvo Subscription.

In my local for the new XC40, the starting rate was $500 per month.

You get:

• No down payment, no price negotiation
    • One flat monthly rate with no surprises
    • Includes premium insurance no matter where you live
    • Maintenance and excess wear coverage
    • Upgrade to a new Volvo in as little as 12 months
    • Subscribe easily online or via the app
    • 15,000 mile allowance per year

Would you do it?

https://www.volvocars.com/us/cars/ne...caAnBpEALw_wcB

Very tempting.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I lived within 400 miles of a Volvo dealer.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Volvo Subscription.

You get:

Would you do it?

Interesting concept. Basically renting a car for $500/month. I hate the idea of monthly payments with a passion, but I find this model fascinating. Seems to be a bit more no-nonsense than a typical lease. I wonder how long until other companies end up following suit (assuming it works out well for Volvo corp). I wonder what they'll do with the vehicles turned in. Sell them as CPOs? Now THAT'S a route I might be more interested in.

Interesting to w how this will effect any of the legal mumbo jumbo currently being tested on who actually owns your cars technology

Just saw they now include the V60 as an option! Can be had with a 6-speed manual if going for a FWD base model. Wonder what the monthly cost on that thing would be? Can't find the "Care by Volvo" prices for the V60 anywhere.

Volvo Subscription.

You get:

Holy shit. MSRP on a XC40 is $35k, even at 0% interest payments on a 5-year loan are $580/mo. Factor in the included maintenance, insurance, yearly upgrades and (lack of) depreciation and that's a screaming deal.

Damn, they updated the Annapolis Volvo site. Now it’s $600. Still maybe worth it.

It's either $599 for the T5 w FWD, or $699 for the R-Design with AWD.

Volvo Subscription.

You get:

Would you do it?

Hell yeah but, I do 35k+/yr. I'd have to get 2 or 3.

Was over at the slovo dealership yesterday getting some parts estimates and walked over to look at the new cars. There was a V90 on the lot that was just f****** gorgeous markdown from 61k to 50 thousand bucks. The salesman there thought the new V60 would sell for 10 grand less. That V90 was nice and if I had an extra 50k lying around I could be talked into it real easy

Had a V60 Cross Country AWD for a rental car in San Jose a few weeks ago. First time driving a Volvo - pretty nice ride. Like the above, I'm now lusting after the new V90.

Friend recently recommended I check out 3-4 year old XC70 T6 options to replace my Outback.
    Any input would help since I don't know shit about Volvos.

Fucking tired of Subarus after 4 outbacks and want to get rid of this one before the head gasket or CVT tranny shit the bed.
    Need a wagon. Need AWD. Need to be able to do a shit ton of miles at 85mph with a box on top and bikes on the back. Need significantly more power than the outback (hahahahaha).
    What do all the numbers mean? What years were bad/good? How much room is in the back of the little wagons like the xc60?

edit: What's the T6? Seems like some sites show it as a supercharged 4cyl and some show it as a 6cyl.
    Last edited by jm2e; 10-02-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Friend recently recommended I check out 3-4 year old XC70 T6 options to replace my Outback.

Fucking tired of Subarus after 4 outbacks and want to get rid of this one before the head gasket or CVT tranny shit the bed.
    Need a wagon. Need AWD. Need to be able to do a shit ton of miles at 85mph with a box on top and bikes on the back. Need significantly more power than the outback (hahahahaha).
    What do all the numbers mean? What years were bad/good? How much room is in the back of the little wagons like the xc60?

edit: What's the T6? Seems like some sites show it as a supercharged 4cyl and some show it as a 6cyl.
    I went to the Audi allroad from the Outback. Love it, but they have since reduced ground clearance slightly, so I've been peeping the V90CC and possibly a q5 or sq5 as a replacement to the allroad to get all things you mention above, but more ground clearance like the outback. The V90CC is sexy, but be aware there have been a few issues as noted on the Volvo forum swedespeed.com around vibrations. IMO the current V60CC is ugly and way too small, rear seats are useless HOWEVER Volvo has apparently re-designed it for 2019 to be more like the V90CC, and looks like a huge improvement. They have not released it yet but could be interesting.

The T6 is a super-charged and turbo-charged 2.0L 4 cylinder engine. The T5 is just turbo-charged and lacks the supercharger. The supercharger's purpose is to add off-the-line torque during the time it takes for the turbo to spool up. This info is specific to the cross country models, I have not even researched the XC series as I prefer not to have an SUV, and if I did, it would be a Q5/SQ5.

To me, the Audi's are just sportier and slightly more techy, while the Volvo's are more luxury oriented but the V90CC does fill a void of high ground clearance / legit AWD with some off-road capability I won't be worried about driving on a rutted fire road + wagon + luxury/nice riding vehicle. As of this moment, there are not any other vehicles that really tick all those boxes without going to an SUV or truck. And the Outback isn't really considered luxury.

T6 is a 6 cylinder engine (I wish they had stuck with that in the incoming model). Get all the answers here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumd...70-(2008-2016)
    I have had many Volvo wagons and I love them. My 2006 V70R has 185k miles on it and is running strong but my next service is going to be expensive after a couple of years of minimal expense, so you have to be ready for that every now and then.
    Also, buy the newest year of the model your looking at as Volvo takes a few years to work all the bugs out of each model.
    A summary here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...s-or-downfalls
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

T6 is a 6 cylinder engine (I wish they had stuck with that in the incoming model). Get all the answers here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumd...70-(2008-2016)[/url]
    In older, pre-2016 models, but not currently

our 2013 T6 XC70 has been good. There are some Scandinavian quirks about the car, but pretty solid when set up with a hitch. Most usable space out of any of the wagons i reckon. The seat comfort is world class. Best I've experienced.

We went in to look at the V90cc before I decided on going the used route and saving a bunch of cash. The new one looks better on the outside for sure, but it also didn't have as much usable space, the sight lines from the inside were not nearly as good, was crammed with tech that just made me paranoid if it broke, and pricing at the time was closer to msrp. The change to a 4 cylinder didn't bother me that much though. It drove nice I thought, but I am no ricky bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    The change to a 4 cylinder didn't bother me that much though. It drove nice I thought, but I am no ricky bobby.
    I am a bit more of a petrol head and the move to 4 cylinder petrol engines makes me wacky for a 5-8 mpg improvement over reduced performance.
    If I go 4 cylinder that 328dxi wagon my neighbor has looks really good at over 40 mpg on the highway. I love the 6 cylinder in that XC70 T6, but you're back to 25 mpg on the highway.
    Such a tough choice

I am a bit more of a petrol head and the move to 4 cylinder petrol engines makes me wacky for a 5-8 mpg improvement over reduced performance.
    If I go 4 cylinder that 328dxi wagon my neighbor has looks really good at over 40 mpg on the highway. I love the 6 cylinder in that XC70 T6, but you're back to 25 mpg on the highway.
    Such a tough choice
    Yea, after wasting a shit ton of time googling around I now see that Volvo changed to the 4cyl supercharged engine in 2016 but continued to call it the T6 for unknown reasons. Also unclear whether they made either T6 available on the xc70 in 2016.
    As is oftenthe case, the person enthusiastically recommending I get a T6 insists he gets 31mpg doing 80+mph on the highway. Hard to reconcile that with every review and forum post ever written.
    However many are in a shit ton.

As is often the case, the person enthusiastically recommending I get a T6 insists he gets 31mpg doing 80+mph on the highway. Hard to reconcile that with every review and forum post ever written.
    The above mpg is possible on a down hill slope I get 24 mpg driving up to Mammoth and 27 mpg driving back down to where I live. 31 mpg sounds pretty darn good based on the below averages for that car.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 864
Size:  40.3 KB

Any of you Volvo heads have a strong opinion on what to look for on a 2005 xc70 with the 2.5 and a bunch of miles on it? I'm comfortable with a little bit of wrenching, but my hope is for a quasi-reliable beater for cheap.