Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    1 thing I really liked was the drone usage wasn't just the follow and get further away, they were great at adding some context.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Bought Numinous and just finished watching it. A++ for Atrain! It was the best. Love the sound of skis in snow.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Just watched it and Amazing!!! What I feel a ski movie should be. Everything we wanted and nothing we didn't. Nice to see some film crews still make movies for real skiers and not just cash grabbing from gapers *cough* Warren Miller *cough cough*
    Loved the different shots and perspective/angles used!!

I bought it yesterday and only managed to watch the first 15 minutes or so.

The first skiing segment is awesome. Just a bunch of friends ripping up the mountain. What stuck out to me was the subtle mixing of the skiers sound with the music. PERFECTLY done.

Stoked to watch the rest.

For the few of you with 4k capabilities Numinous is now available in 4k here...https://vimeo.com/ondemand/numinous4k

I'm back from my shoot in remote Northern BC so will be able to upload Out of the Shadows shortly for people who want that as now I have more than satellite internet again.

Numinous was nominated for Best Film. Best Cinematography. Best Big Mountain Film and Best Male Freeride for Kye at If3 this year. Always nice to get recognition from the industry against the big boys who have far bigger budgets then we do. Hopefully we bring home some hardware!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    For the few of you with 4k capabilities Numinous is now available in 4k here...https://vimeo.com/ondemand/numinous4k

I'm back from my shoot in remote Northern BC so will be able to upload Out of the Shadows shortly for people who want that as now I have more than satellite internet again.

Numinous was nominated for Best Film. Best Cinematography. Best Big Mountain Film and Best Male Freeride for Kye at If3 this year. Always nice to get recognition from the industry against the big boys who have far bigger budgets then we do. Hopefully we bring home some hardware!
    I hope you monetize the great work. you gotta get paid so you can keep doing it.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    The first skiing segment is awesome. Just a bunch of friends ripping up the mountain.
    Glad this first segment is appreciated. These pro skiers get to travel and ski in the best places on earth. But if you ask any of them, their most cherished time of the year is early season shredding the resort with buddies without cameras. The mission for that segment was to capture that vibe. We didn't care about doing anything fancy. Keep it simple. Group shred on the resort. Nothing better in skiing.

def gonna rent that 4k this week

thx!

I hope you do too! It's deserving
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

I have a feeling my next trip to Costco will be expensive....

another thing to cue up for 4k content.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

At If3, with all the major ski films this year present, we won Best Big Mountain Film. Best Cinematography and Best Male Freeride for Kye Petersen.

After seeing all the ski films this year at the festival, there is not even a close second to the skiing Kye is doing. If you want to see the best skiing of the year, Numinous is it. If Kye doesn't win that award at other award shows then it is plainly rigged.

Congrats to all the films this year. There is some great work and it was a pleasure to take them all in on the big screen!

At If3, with all the major ski films this year present, we won Best Big Mountain Film. Best Cinematography and Best Male Freeride for Kye Petersen.

After seeing all the ski films this year at the festival, there is not even a close second to the skiing Kye is doing. If you want to see the best skiing of the year, Numinous is it. If Kye doesn't win that award at other award shows then it is plainly rigged.

Congrats to all the films this year. There is some great work and it was a pleasure to take them all in on the big screen!
    Awesome. Congrats guys! Well deserved.

From what I've watched, I have to agree.

Congrats again Atrain, well deserved.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

And for those of you who wanted Out of the Shadows I just finished setting that up here...https://vimeo.com/ondemand/outoftheshadowsskifilm

Way to go, it’s been a long time coming for a follow up to Out of the Shadows, but sounds like it was worth the wait. Will have to get both films when I get back to Whistler later this month and have more than cell phone coverage.

And for those of you who wanted Out of the Shadows I just finished setting that up here...https://vimeo.com/ondemand/outoftheshadowsskifilm
    Sweet!! Nice work on the awards, deserving for sure.

Purchased-watched and enjoyed!

Awesome flick-killer skiing!

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch it. So sick! If anyone hasn't watched this yet you need to.

Watched it last night. Then I watched it two more times. Well done, and mad props to Kye, he sure is on a different level.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Skiing View Post
    Watched it last night. Then I watched it two more times. Well done, and mad props to Kye, he sure is on a different level.
    Yeah me too. I've watched it 3 times now and my brain still can't fully comprehend the level of skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Yeah me too. I've watched it 3 times now and my brain still can't fully comprehend the level of skiing.
    No kidding. Every time I watch it am always in awe at the level that these guys are skiing at. It's both inspiring and humbling.

Dendrite Studios: Numinous Ski Film Trailer

On my third time watching it now. Even if you don’t have a 4K tv or monitor, you should buy the 4K as the extra bit rate looks great even on a 1080p display!

As for Numinous, it’s the best ski film I’ve seen in years and some of the most impressive skiing ever.

The Blackcomb shred segment was great, the drone shot angles showing how steep the Tantalus lines are and to me the ultimate highlight is the Chatter Creek segment. Meager closing lines as well.

Also wanted to give props on the soundtrack and sound design (subtle skiing sounds mixed in). Works really well. The movie is just pure skiing with a couple good lifestyle/wildlife/transition shots. No painful athlete voiceovers. Hats off to all involved, this is a classic coastal B.C. shred film, like Out of the Shadows before it.

Kye for skier of the year.

I am excited to watch the movie but I cannot say enough bad things about vimeo and their purchasing and customer support. I stopped paying for their pro plan years ago since their platform was eons behind youtube. I generally avoid watching videos hosted there since they usually come with playback issues. The purchasing experience here (in which they also charged me a rental fee) only reinforces my disdain.
    Now to the video.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I am excited to watch the movie but I cannot say enough bad things about vimeo and their purchasing and customer support. I stopped paying for their pro plan years ago since their platform was eons behind youtube. I generally avoid watching videos hosted there since they usually come with playback issues. The purchasing experience here (in which they also charged me a rental fee) only reinforces my disdain.
    Now to the video.
    Weird. I've bought a few movies on Vimeo over the years without any issues with being double charged. Dendrite is also allowing downloads, nice to have a local copy.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Weird. I've bought a few movies on Vimeo over the years without any issues with being double charged. Dendrite is also allowing downloads, nice to have a local copy.
    Yeah, I was worried I would have to always watch it through vimeo, but was glad to see I could download it. Nice to have a good ski flick on the ipad for when you're on a plane or something.