Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My dog's farts are making me hate him..

This animal has the most disgusting gas problem I've ever experienced. Been going on since he was a pup. He loves to lay right next to whatever chair I'm parked in. So it wafts straight up to me. It's truly disgusting.
    He gets probiotics, but to no avail. Amazing how this small animal can produce massive amounts of disgust .

If you quit feeding him hard boiled eggs it might help.
    watch out for snakes

Yeah, that's some of my daughters "art" from last winter that he found somewhere...where, I don't know. His gas is truly appalling...sickening.

I didn't want to get a dog, wife and kid did....but as I predicted, I'd be doing most of the work, and he'd love me the best...which all came true, and he shows his love by gassing me out. Fml

You have to show him who is top dawg by out farting him. Get a jar of pickled pigs feet for a start.
    watch out for snakes

My old boy sometimes farts so bad, he appalls himself. He gives this kinda "WTF?!" along with a glimmer of guilt. The youngster is far behind, but that is not for a lack of effort.

In my early teens the family adopted a little Maltese/terrier cross. Had wicked bad gas for the longest spell. So young me went Mano-a-Mano with him. He would give me the dirtiest looks when I ripped one within his comfort zone; he shortly learned not to spend so much time in my company, and so tortured the ladies of the house instead. Win win in my book!

Go with it.

Would never attempt to contest him. It's not in the realm of possibility....he's hit the apex, he is the king of all farters. I could never compete.

what kinda food does he eat?

Feed high quality food if you arent, and if you are try a different food.

He gets high quality food. Started on Orijen. Eventually that fucked him up. On and on. Seems his has a sensitive tummy. Of course now the best thing for him is wet chicken/rice out of a can....and that shits expensive

I once farted at a friends house when I was a kid and the family blamed the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to Walmart and get him a small bag of old Roy. Betcha at low serving for his size he will be just fine

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    He gets high quality food. Started on Orijen. Eventually that fucked him up. On and on. Seems his has a sensitive tummy. Of course now the best thing for him is wet chicken/rice out of a can....and that shits expensive
    Orijen made my dog fart toxic waste as well.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    This animal has the most disgusting gas problem I've ever experienced. Been going on since he was a pup. He loves to lay right next to whatever chair I'm parked in. So it wafts straight up to me. It's truly disgusting.
    He gets probiotics, but to no avail. Amazing how this small animal can produce massive amounts of disgust .
    Toy poodle? I out fart mine. He'll leave the room when I really get going. And ya, sometimes he has really bad gas. It usually happens when he finds ground score snacks. He does try to blame his farts on me, the little stinker.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    I once farted at a friends house when I was a kid and the family blamed the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reminds me of a joke:
    Guy goes to meet his girls parents for the first time. Gets there and has some gas brewing. Sitting in the living room in a chair next to the family dog, he can't contain himself and let's one slip. "Baron!" the dad yells at the dog. Whew he thinks. Another one comes, and dad again yells "Baron!" Again, a reprieve he thinks. Finally a third one comes out and the dad yells "Baron! Get over here before than man shits all over you!".

Murphy eats taste of the wild and never farts. I tried the grain free costco food once and it made him fart.

He's a lagotto.
    We rescued him from Italians,

Older Dog gasses and is immediately so disgusted, he leaves. Younger Dog pretends it never happened. She just smiles and goes "I have NO idea what you're on about"

activated charcoal. worked for our Irish setters

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Reminds me of a joke:
    Guy goes to meet his girls parents for the first time. Gets there and has some gas brewing. Sitting in the living room in a chair next to the family dog, he can't contain himself and let's one slip. "Baron!" the dad yells at the dog. Whew he thinks. Another one comes, and dad again yells "Baron!" Again, a reprieve he thinks. Finally a third one comes out and the dad yells "Baron! Get over here before than man shits all over you!".
    When I was a med student on surgery rotation we were doing an abdominal case when I let off a silent but deadly. The surgeons spent a half hour looking for a hole in the bowel before I had to fess up.

I imagine in an alternate universe there is a thread titled "my husband's farts are making me hate him.."

We got one of those maze bowls for one of my dogs. She had awful gas, mostly because she just ate too damn fast. The maze slowed her down and helped....
    focus.

Shouldn't this be in the "Air Quality=Shitty" thread?

I am ok with toxic dawg farts in its own thread.
    watch out for snakes

Had an English Bull Terrier that could clear a stadium
    After trying different dog foods he finally stopped
    I wonder if some breeds have inherent digestive problems because my buddies EBT had the same problem but not as pungent

My wife always knows when I feed my dogs steak trimmings because they fart up a storm about an hour after dinner. Food-wise they've always eaten Eukanuba Large Breed (now Senior Large Breed) and have never had a problem.