Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Was an error in communication. Nurse said lymphoma, talked to doc today and she explained it was little fatty deposit but she thought there might have been lymph node inside.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You probably passed out from anxiety as a result of pain. Cannabis and caffeine make anxiety attacks much worse. How's your blood pressure? Good luck.
    If you're talking about when i first passed out it wasn't really from pain. There was pain but mostly nausea. i was walking around the back of the car to lay down in the back to try and keep from throwing up and just passed out. BP is about 130/75
    Regarding the marijuana however the nurse said part of the reason i was in so much pain after the surgery had to do with THC attaching to the same receptors as the hydrocodone.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Was an error in communication. Nurse said lymphoma, talked to doc today and she explained it was little fatty deposit but she thought there might have been lymph node inside.
    Maybe nurse said "lipoma"--as in lipoma of the spermatic cord, which isn't really a lipoma (benigh fatty tumor) but just a lump of normal fat. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe nurse said "lipoma"--as in lipoma of the spermatic cord, which isn't really a lipoma (benigh fatty tumor) but just a lump of normal fat. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    that certainly could have been it. doc said it was a lump of normal fat that had something hard in it that could have been a lymph node.

off the opiates and onto ibuprofen and edibles. maybe i'll poop soon.

off the opiates and onto ibuprofen and edibles. maybe i'll poop soon.
    maybe

'twas a big day. pooped in the morning before heading to the clinic where the foley was removed and the bladder got it's chance to shine. feeling human again.

heading to my post op appointment in a few minutes. just got back from a quick tour since it snowed about 4" last night and i've been going crazy. still a little sore stiff and swollen on the side with the most work but everything is working fine. plus it's better to ask forgiveness than permission...

eidt - apparently i was 33 days too early (and climbing yesterday i was 34 days too early).
    Last edited by powdork; 05-16-2019 at 03:15 PM.

heading to my post op appointment in a few minutes. just got back from a quick tour since it snowed about 4" last night and i've been going crazy. still a little sore stiff and swollen on the side with the most work but everything is working fine. plus it's better to ask forgiveness than permission...

eidt - apparently i was 33 days too early (and climbing yesterday i was 34 days too early).
    I wouldn't worry about it. The hernia repair is as strong as it's every going to be when you get off the operating table. If you do too much too soon you'll hurt yourself but not harm yourself. But don't tell her I said that; my kid goes back to Barton next month and she might figure out the connection and give him a hard time. : -- )

kind of what i figured. She (the PA I met with for post op, not the surgeon) said the stitches would takes 6 weeks to heal and I was like whaaaaaaaat?

Skiing felt fine afterward but that night at work (6 hours on my feet) which was ok'd by the doc destroyed me.

this is the part that scares me now. Since that night at work two nights ago the side that hurts is the left side, which had a small hernia but wasn't the problem side. what scares me most is the intense pain with even a slight cough. And it's the feeling that the intestine is bulging against the mesh causing a searing pain that has me worried.
    Should i be?