Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    We're lucky to have a race oriented shop in town--used race skis avaiable at the sidewalk sales. I picked up a pair of U21 Race Tiger GS skis for $100 with bindings that make skiing groomers almost fun. You may not need race skis but you might find them more fun on the groomerd. Of course you're pretty much stuck on the groomers if you go that way. We don't get blue ice but it certainly can get quite firm. I'd buy masters if I found a cheap pair.

I use my Praxis SnD as my daily driver in VT....even play in the woods on it, has a bit of tail for that but fine if you are decent.

Predicable, fast and fun. I rarely take out anything with metal these days bc of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    My Black Diamond Stigmas (80mm underfoot, trad camber) are getting to the point that they need to be traded in. I love them and would like to replace them with another narrow (80-85mm), traditional camber ski for firmer days in Vermont. I generally don't ski blue ice so I don't need a RaceTiger or similar. I am having a tough time finding a ski that would have filled the shelves 5-10 years ago.

Any thoughts on a replacement? Anyone have something lightly used that's gathering dust?
    No more sun deck workshop?

I like how you made icy days in Vermont sound so much nicer using "firmer". lol

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    No more sun deck workshop?

I like how you made icy days in Vermont sound so much nicer using "firmer". lol
    When it's sheer ice, I pull out the nordic skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    When it's sheer ice, I pull out the nordic skis.
    I hope I don't have to see you in Nordic.
    Coming back for more this winter!

I had a 300# lady in a fartbag tell me her Hellbents where the best for On-piste...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Volkl Explosiv
    Rocker those tips if you want, then damn the torpedoes. They are still one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That's actually a really good idea.
    Tele? I heard the Pac-Man dying sound.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I ordered up the DPS Cassiar 82 skis. Not light like the Stigma, but they will probably carve better. I'm looking forward to skiing them.

In red, I hope?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy