Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    see https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...emoral-Condyle

I FRACTURED THE MEDIAL FEMORAL CONDYLE
    Doesn't seem like a very common thing. Was skiing and walking around on it for 3 weeks before the MRI showed what the real problem was. Now that I've been on crutches for a week way less pain. Gone from almost ODing of anti inflams and Tylenol and icing to nothing at all.

Its just a hairline fracture so the x ray didn't see it. So anyone with experience??
    Well that sucks. But glad they figured out what was actually wrong.

What’s the time frame for recovery to the point of hiking, biking etc? I assume skiing is done for the season?

Fernie factor in effect. 12 new at Kimbo, 54 at Fernie.

Now to decide if it will be today or tomorrow (or Monday) when everything finally opens. Was there Monday this past week and a patroller was saying they were almost out of their entire season's supply of explosives for avy control.

Come on now, it.s 54 in the last 48. I.ll give the 44 overnight tho holy shit!

Ww got hosed (or not i guess) this round! Have fun out there!!!

Heading to SSV tomorrow. Dive been open lately? Wild west? Has it been getting hammered?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    Come on now, it.s 54 in the last 48. I.ll give the 44 overnight tho holy shit!
    Weird. At 6:45 the report said 54 in 12 hours. Update at 7:30 dialed it back to 44. Maybe they do an actual check then and the early one is an estimate?

Or it was a typo. There was a day earlier this season they were reporting 44 new, then changed it an hour later to 4 new. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Weird. At 6:45 the report said 54 in 12 hours. Update at 7:30 dialed it back to 44. Maybe they do an actual check then and the early one is an estimate?

Or it was a typo. There was a day earlier this season they were reporting 44 new, then changed it an hour later to 4 new. Oops.
    Yep, so the really early morning report is submitted by lizard creek hotel staff, who look at the griz cam on the website. When patrol goes up the mountain and take readings off the boards in the weather plot, those numbers become the official ones. These can be different but we use the plot numbers because... science.
    The morning you are referring to where there was a huge difference was because someone forgot to clear the griz cam the night before.
    Today’s 44cms was legit.

Thanks for the insight!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Was there Monday this past week and a patroller was saying they were almost out of their entire season's supply of explosives for avy control.
    Heard this today as well although they probably got that rumour here...from you, haha. WOW, what a season Fernie has been having. Everything is so filled in, there's no features left. Base was reading 395 earlier today, now its showing 385. It would be sweet to see it break 400!

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Heard this today as well although they probably got that rumour here...from you, haha. WOW, what a season Fernie has been having. Everything is so filled in, there's no features left. Base was reading 395 earlier today, now its showing 385. It would be sweet to see it break 400!
    Nope. There’s lots of explosives left. Ah the rumour mill...what he may have meant is that the the amount of explosives used has passed the yearly average.
    It would be sweet to crack 4m again. There will be a fair bit of settlement in that storm snow, but lots of season left and I think we’ll get there.

I seriously doubt they order an entire season's worth of explosives at once...

I do know the is often a limit. Most cat sky /heli ops generally need to show they use their stash or their numbers can get cut for what they can have the next year. Wouldn't surprise me if they have a pre season allotment for the year.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    I do know the is often a limit. Most cat sky /heli ops generally need to show they use their stash or their numbers can get cut for what they can have the next year. Wouldn't surprise me if they have a pre season allotment for the year.

We don’t have an allotment for the year. We have a limit of what can be stored in our mags at a given time. When that is used up, we order more.
    There have been more explosives used so far than in an average year, because the snowpack is much different than an average year. We have not run out of explosives though.
    Time to ski more pow, see ya up there!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Cool man! I'm in the Abbey right now. I was asking one of the people you were with if there was any TGR mags in your group and got a blank stare

Conditions for us haven't allowed for big alpine days, lots of pow though.
    Nice, it would have been great to meet you Gary. I was on the first heli out, and didn't get to talk at all with any of ye incoming folks. I'm glad to hear you got good snow. We were slightly concerned that we weren't leaving you guys much untouched snow to work with... That's a great place, and great bunch of folks.

Thinking about making a trip up to Revy for a weekend in late march/early April. I plan to take my dog and sleep in the back of my 4Runner (done it many times before and its actually a pretty nice setup).

I have two questions:

1. Any sugesstions on spots to overnight park? Im not too worried about this as i can usually find an out of the way place if the resort doesnt have an overnight lot.

2. Do i just lie to the border agent and say i have reservations at the Sandman? I always get asked where im staying, do i have reservations etc, so i imagine they wont take kindly to me saying i plan to sleep in my car, ya know?

I don’t think it’s a problem. People travel in RV or stay with friends. Tell them you’re chasing storm and haven’t had time to book accommodation yet and you are planning on doing so when you get there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The local talent with a solid effort and worth the plug...even though its all Revy:

(Aggravating trying to embed Vimeo)

WW is open at SSV

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Thinking about making a trip up to Revy for a weekend in late march/early April. I plan to take my dog and sleep in the back of my 4Runner (done it many times before and its actually a pretty nice setup).

I have two questions:

1. Any sugesstions on spots to overnight park? Im not too worried about this as i can usually find an out of the way place if the resort doesnt have an overnight lot.

2. Do i just lie to the border agent and say i have reservations at the Sandman? I always get asked where im staying, do i have reservations etc, so i imagine they wont take kindly to me saying i plan to sleep in my car, ya know?
    Park in the lot behind the aquatic center in revy. There are signs that say no camping, but you'll probably park between two sprinters and an RV and a school bus. People sleep there. Drive to the hill so they can plow and it's no big deal. Plus they open the doors at 6:30 am, so you've got bathroom access. $5 to use the facilities (shower, hot tub, sauna). Don't miss the water slide.

You can also stay one night in the revy lot for free. You just have to check in at the hotel.

I also want to put in a plug for the tune shop at the mountain. I got a full time with numerous small core shots buffed out all pretty for $50 CDA. That's about half what it would have cost in an American shop. But I paid 8.50 for a beer....so I guess it balances out.

Rode a back country spot near Fernie yesterday and it was fantastic. Probed 340cms, Pretty solid crust under the 70cms of fresh storm snow. Nothng moving when riding but new snow hasn't bonded to the crust yet.
    Thanks to the Fernie crew for sharing their zone.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Rode a back country spot near Fernie yesterday and it was fantastic. Probed 340cms, Pretty solid crust under the 70cms of fresh storm snow. Nothng moving when riding but new snow hasn't bonded to the crust yet.
    Thanks to the Fernie crew for sharing their zone.

Would that have been the place on your side of the valley still? Riding fernie today and probably elkford tomorrow.

Crashidy- back after the 12th. Let me know how the rest of March looks for u. Interested in doing some sled exploration now that the pwl’s look like they are sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Would that have been the place on your side of the valley still? Riding fernie today and probably elkford tomorrow.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Crashidy- back after the 12th. Let me know how the rest of March looks for u. Interested in doing some sled exploration now that the pwl’s look like they are sleeping.
    Right on, I think we are going on an exploration mission in rolling hills today. Decent visibility today. either head back there tomorrow or check out elkford. I'll get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by eshed View Post
    Park in the lot behind the aquatic center in revy. There are signs that say no camping, but you'll probably park between two sprinters and an RV and a school bus. People sleep there. Drive to the hill so they can plow and it's no big deal. Plus they open the doors at 6:30 am, so you've got bathroom access. $5 to use the facilities (shower, hot tub, sauna). Don't miss the water slide.

You can also stay one night in the revy lot for free. You just have to check in at the hotel.
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up. that sounds absolutely ideal.

Anyone been to the Campbell Icefield chalet? Heading there in a few weeks and trying to figure out which of the 4 maps (82N10, 82N11, 82N14 and 82N15) that cover their tenure is the most useful - would like to only purchase one, 2 if needed/recommended, rather than all 4.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."