Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Actually had a great morning yesterday at Nakiska with pow (and a supportive base, didn't hit anything) for the first couple laps down the first glade (everybody was going deeper) and choice groomed Whoop-Up before the masses showed up.

Lake opens on the 7th, SSV on the 8th.

MSP movie in banff at high rollers tonight (6th)

Good start to the season in the Invermere area. Last week's storm dropped around a meter in the alpine.
    Pano has had the guns blazing for a week on the lower mountain too.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Good start to the season in the Invermere area. Last week's storm dropped around a meter in the alpine.
    Pano has had the guns blazing for a week on the lower mountain too.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    You guys deserve a good year. Pano and Marmot have the least amount of snow in Western Canada. Norquay and Nakiska have even less. If it wasn't for the wind I wouldn't get many powder turns around here.

lake was a great opening, WROD was at full width, good coverage, etc. Tomorrow or Thus they are aiming for TOTW/summit and paradise LIFTS to open (limited terrain avail) but will still be nice to see

SSV tomorrow is wawa, berry, jack, wolf open.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    lake was a great opening, WROD was at full width, good coverage, etc. Tomorrow or Thus they are aiming for TOTW/summit and paradise LIFTS to open (limited terrain avail) but will still be nice to see

SSV tomorrow is wawa, berry, jack, wolf open.
    I tried opening weekend at the lake a few times many years ago. Then it was basically the Wiwaxy 500. One trail, bazillion skiers.

Starting to get the fever though.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    I tried opening weekend at the lake a few times many years ago. Then it was basically the Wiwaxy 500. One trail, bazillion skiers.

Starting to get the fever though.
    mid week skiing is VERY different then weekend skiing, both for opening day and all others

/hype/ announcement from Marmot Basin later today. HSQ Knob to the peak? Or maybe they are really excited about the ski mountaineering race we have planned for March?

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    /hype/ announcement from Marmot Basin later today. HSQ Knob to the peak? Or maybe they are really excited about the ski mountaineering race we have planned for March?
    big announcements for big announcements. So hot right now.

Tres Hombres to open this year at Marmot!
    North facing goodness with triple the vert of the Knob chair! This is huge. I'm beyond excited!!!!!

https://www.skimarmot.com/news-events/tres-hombres

I need some help Toronto Mags... My company is having their Sales kickoff 3/12th to 3/16th and after the meeting I wanted to do a long weekend ski trip... I have never skied in that area and have zero knowledge of where to go... This will be straight up resort skiing so am looking for a ski area close/near to Toronto with fun terrain and fun apres...

So what say you Toronto mags...?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I need some help Toronto Mags... My company is having their Sales kickoff 3/12th to 3/16th and after the meeting I wanted to do a long weekend ski trip... I have never skied in that area and have zero knowledge of where to go... This will be straight up resort skiing so am looking for a ski area close/near to Toronto with fun terrain and fun apres...

I say best start your own thread as the rockies are no where close to Toronto. As about as similar as new York to California in distance bud. However you should look up Collingwood.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I somehow never imagined 'Toronto' and 'Mags' colliding in the same sentence.

See... That shows you how much I know... And I had to laugh as when I came back to this thread I realized my error... As my post said I am in sales and obviously not a geography expert...

And I didnt realize Mags were region specific...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post

Blue Mountain in Collingwood is the largest/best known of the Ontario hills.
    There are lots of smaller hills closer to Toronto. Mount St. Louis and Horseshoe are close to Barrie. About 1-1.5 hrs North of Toronto. Glen Eden is tiny, and 45 mins to the West.

There was recently a thread about moving to Toronto.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...8-Toronto-Mags

And you could also try asking in the Ontario thread.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...o-Thread/page4

Undertow, skiing in Ontario, compared to the West, its like a different sport. You know the full vertical no matter where you go in Ontario is less than 700', don't you? And it is mostly man made snow.

For mid March you would be better off leaving the skis at home and go golfing or bike riding.

Dano and tintin - thanks for your info and input...! It is much appreciated... I have skied all over the US and have never ventured outside of our border (need to as Banff is on my bucket list) So I did not know what to expect... I figured the conditions might be spotty, but knew nothing about terrain...

Thanks again gents as this is the info I needed... Note to self - when sales Executives plan winter sales kickoff be sure to be located in or around Canadian Rockies...

Pano opens tomorrow... Just one run, and one lift, but at least it's better than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    Pano opens tomorrow... Just one run, and one lift, but at least it's better than last year.
    nice to hear

too bad they are NOT part of the rocky mountain passport again. I enjoyed my 2-4 days at pano a year

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Isn’t that just for the team training? Not general public? Thought full open was like the 9th of December....
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Isn’t that just for the team training? Not general public? Thought full open was like the 9th of December....
    General public. With limited services.

https://www.panoramaresort.com/panor...t-opening-ever

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Undertow, skiing in Ontario, compared to the West, its like a different sport. You know the full vertical no matter where you go in Ontario is less than 700', don't you? And it is mostly man made snow.

For mid March you would be better off leaving the skis at home and go golfing or bike riding.
    Hey. Calabogie is 750 (higher than Blue) and is almost always open into April.

Some of the best days in the East are corn spring days.

Otherwise, carry on.

Name:  Tres.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  154.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Hey. Calabogie is 750 (higher than Blue) and is almost always open into April.

Some of the best days in the East are corn spring days.

Otherwise, carry on.
    Thank you Tortoise! Checked this place out and totally digging the hill and vibe. After the year you all had I think this is a great call. Plane, bags and car are paid for so all we need to pay is tics and room. Barring a terrible season def going this route! Plus outside of POW, corn skiing is a very close second!

General public. With limited services.

https://www.panoramaresort.com/panor...t-opening-ever
    Yep, just checked it out. Will be driving out Sat eve. Might have to pop the cherry on the season pass and do some early/mid-November laps on Showoff, just because I can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk