Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 84
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,222
    Actually had a great morning yesterday at Nakiska with pow (and a supportive base, didn't hit anything) for the first couple laps down the first glade (everybody was going deeper) and choice groomed Whoop-Up before the masses showed up.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    18,628
    Lake opens on the 7th, SSV on the 8th.

    MSP movie in banff at high rollers tonight (6th)

    Email me at dave@fatskideals.com for boot fitting questions,
    read where I'm skiing at http://www.fatskideals.com/blog.html

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    320
    Good start to the season in the Invermere area. Last week's storm dropped around a meter in the alpine.
    Pano has had the guns blazing for a week on the lower mountain too.

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canadian Rockies
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Good start to the season in the Invermere area. Last week's storm dropped around a meter in the alpine.
    Pano has had the guns blazing for a week on the lower mountain too.

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    You guys deserve a good year. Pano and Marmot have the least amount of snow in Western Canada. Norquay and Nakiska have even less. If it wasn't for the wind I wouldn't get many powder turns around here.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    18,628
    lake was a great opening, WROD was at full width, good coverage, etc. Tomorrow or Thus they are aiming for TOTW/summit and paradise LIFTS to open (limited terrain avail) but will still be nice to see

    SSV tomorrow is wawa, berry, jack, wolf open.

    Email me at dave@fatskideals.com for boot fitting questions,
    read where I'm skiing at http://www.fatskideals.com/blog.html

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    lake was a great opening, WROD was at full width, good coverage, etc. Tomorrow or Thus they are aiming for TOTW/summit and paradise LIFTS to open (limited terrain avail) but will still be nice to see

    SSV tomorrow is wawa, berry, jack, wolf open.
    I tried opening weekend at the lake a few times many years ago. Then it was basically the Wiwaxy 500. One trail, bazillion skiers.

    Starting to get the fever though.
    Using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    18,628
    Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    I tried opening weekend at the lake a few times many years ago. Then it was basically the Wiwaxy 500. One trail, bazillion skiers.

    Starting to get the fever though.
    mid week skiing is VERY different then weekend skiing, both for opening day and all others

    Email me at dave@fatskideals.com for boot fitting questions,
    read where I'm skiing at http://www.fatskideals.com/blog.html

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the big dirty
    Posts
    605
    /hype/ announcement from Marmot Basin later today. HSQ Knob to the peak? Or maybe they are really excited about the ski mountaineering race we have planned for March?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canadian Rockies
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    /hype/ announcement from Marmot Basin later today. HSQ Knob to the peak? Or maybe they are really excited about the ski mountaineering race we have planned for March?
    big announcements for big announcements. So hot right now.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canadian Rockies
    Posts
    956
    Tres Hombres to open this year at Marmot!
    North facing goodness with triple the vert of the Knob chair! This is huge. I'm beyond excited!!!!!


    https://www.skimarmot.com/news-events/tres-hombres

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,698
    I need some help Toronto Mags... My company is having their Sales kickoff 3/12th to 3/16th and after the meeting I wanted to do a long weekend ski trip... I have never skied in that area and have zero knowledge of where to go... This will be straight up resort skiing so am looking for a ski area close/near to Toronto with fun terrain and fun apres...

    So what say you Toronto mags...?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I need some help Toronto Mags... My company is having their Sales kickoff 3/12th to 3/16th and after the meeting I wanted to do a long weekend ski trip... I have never skied in that area and have zero knowledge of where to go... This will be straight up resort skiing so am looking for a ski area close/near to Toronto with fun terrain and fun apres...

    So what say you Toronto mags...?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I say best start your own thread as the rockies are no where close to Toronto. As about as similar as new York to California in distance bud. However you should look up Collingwood.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,106
    I somehow never imagined 'Toronto' and 'Mags' colliding in the same sentence.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,698
    See... That shows you how much I know... And I had to laugh as when I came back to this thread I realized my error... As my post said I am in sales and obviously not a geography expert...

    And I didnt realize Mags were region specific...

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I need some help Toronto Mags... My company is having their Sales kickoff 3/12th to 3/16th and after the meeting I wanted to do a long weekend ski trip... I have never skied in that area and have zero knowledge of where to go... This will be straight up resort skiing so am looking for a ski area close/near to Toronto with fun terrain and fun apres...

    So what say you Toronto mags...?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

    Blue Mountain in Collingwood is the largest/best known of the Ontario hills.
    There are lots of smaller hills closer to Toronto. Mount St. Louis and Horseshoe are close to Barrie. About 1-1.5 hrs North of Toronto. Glen Eden is tiny, and 45 mins to the West.

    There was recently a thread about moving to Toronto.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...8-Toronto-Mags

    And you could also try asking in the Ontario thread.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...o-Thread/page4

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sun Peaks Resort
    Posts
    274
    Undertow, skiing in Ontario, compared to the West, its like a different sport. You know the full vertical no matter where you go in Ontario is less than 700', don't you? And it is mostly man made snow.

    For mid March you would be better off leaving the skis at home and go golfing or bike riding.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,698
    Dano and tintin - thanks for your info and input...! It is much appreciated... I have skied all over the US and have never ventured outside of our border (need to as Banff is on my bucket list) So I did not know what to expect... I figured the conditions might be spotty, but knew nothing about terrain...

    Thanks again gents as this is the info I needed... Note to self - when sales Executives plan winter sales kickoff be sure to be located in or around Canadian Rockies...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    70
    Pano opens tomorrow... Just one run, and one lift, but at least it's better than last year.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    18,628
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    Pano opens tomorrow... Just one run, and one lift, but at least it's better than last year.
    nice to hear

    too bad they are NOT part of the rocky mountain passport again. I enjoyed my 2-4 days at pano a year

    Email me at dave@fatskideals.com for boot fitting questions,
    read where I'm skiing at http://www.fatskideals.com/blog.html

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    Pano opens tomorrow... Just one run, and one lift, but at least it's better than last year.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Isnít that just for the team training? Not general public? Thought full open was like the 9th of December....
    Using Tapatalk

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Isnít that just for the team training? Not general public? Thought full open was like the 9th of December....
    General public. With limited services.

    https://www.panoramaresort.com/panor...t-opening-ever

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Undertow, skiing in Ontario, compared to the West, its like a different sport. You know the full vertical no matter where you go in Ontario is less than 700', don't you? And it is mostly man made snow.

    For mid March you would be better off leaving the skis at home and go golfing or bike riding.
    Hey. Calabogie is 750 (higher than Blue) and is almost always open into April.

    Some of the best days in the East are corn spring days.

    Otherwise, carry on.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canadian Rockies
    Posts
    956
    Name:  Tres.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  154.6 KB

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Hey. Calabogie is 750 (higher than Blue) and is almost always open into April.

    Some of the best days in the East are corn spring days.

    Otherwise, carry on.
    Thank you Tortoise! Checked this place out and totally digging the hill and vibe. After the year you all had I think this is a great call. Plane, bags and car are paid for so all we need to pay is tics and room. Barring a terrible season def going this route! Plus outside of POW, corn skiing is a very close second!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    General public. With limited services.

    https://www.panoramaresort.com/panor...t-opening-ever
    Yep, just checked it out. Will be driving out Sat eve. Might have to pop the cherry on the season pass and do some early/mid-November laps on Showoff, just because I can.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •