Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    If you get stuck and don't mind staying in cowtown, you can crash at my place.
    Thanks for the offer Gary, appreciate it. I actually forgot about the ACC hostel so I'll probably either stay there or sleep in the truck.
    Drive slow, homie.

Here's the edit I entered into Rockies Shred Fest. The second part covers that billy goat line Mntlion and I skied in the Dive towards the end of last season.

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    Nicely done! Thanks for sharing that.
    You guys are hard. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Here's the edit I entered into Rockies Shred Fest. The second part covers that billy goat line Mntlion and I skied in the Dive towards the end of last season.

This was awesome to watch man, good job!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nice pucker factor on that line and some fast rippin .Well done

Over on this side of the divide to check the early early season goods. Was ok and more on the way

Nice Spooky. Sorry for the Tech Talk question but have you been using those Zero Gs for all your skiing (and how much do you weigh)? I realize its all about compromise but my Mtn Labs just have not worked out well for me for a 50/50 boot and the Zeros feel pretty good in the shop actually. The new Atomic XTDs may be a little too light for this use. Most I know on here are happy with Vulcans but I can't get over the hard stop...and fit.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Nice Spooky. Sorry for the Tech Talk question but have you been using those Zero Gs for all your skiing (and how much do you weigh)? I realize its all about compromise but my Mtn Labs just have not worked out well for me for a 50/50 boot and the Zeros feel pretty good in the shop actually. The new Atomic XTDs may be a little too light for this use. Most I know on here are happy with Vulcans but I can't get over the hard stop...and fit.
    Tech Talk Jong! Sorry. Never had a chance to type that before...

Snowing up high here in Jasper.
    Upper mountain at Marmot is mostly track packed already!

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Thanks and no worries.

I wasn't sure how they would hold up to resort skiing initially but was just planning to use them for pow days and resort accessed backcountry anyway. As it turns out I loved the Spurs so much I spent the bulk of my season in resort on the Zero Gs (probably 80 ish days on them in resort). I was super happy with how they performed - I never felt like they hindered my skiing even driving a big ski. They always felt solid enough on drops and high speed chop and the like. I am picking up a pair of Cochise to replace them for the resort this season but that's more to preserve them for proper touring than out of any performance limitations. They just started getting quite chewed up from lots of resort use and I want to extend their life as much as possible.

I weigh 175-185lbs so over 200lbs with gear on.

Highway 1 closed between golden and revy this morning. Rockslide, opening time, undetermined at this point.

Looks like they will have it open at 3pm (MDT) today.

Heavy fat flakes for a couple hours today in Jasper. Not sure of alpine totals but must be decent. 2 degrees in town most of the day.

Golden ski swap this Saturday at the Rec plex. 12-4.
    Drop off gear on Friday from 6-9 pm

I enjoyed that. Well done.

Nakiska opens Saturday for a preview weekend. The usual runs on the Gold chair.

Are they still doing the cheap season passes? If so I suppose it will be a gong show.

Yeah they did. If it's anything like the last 2 years where they also did the cheap passes, it's going to be a mess. Basically a human slalom course, all day, on 1 run..

45 new at Nakiska. Opening day is going to see people poaching runs all over, and probably wrecking their gear. Or not, if this keeps up.

I laughed when I looked at the snow report on the Nakiska website this morning.

24 hr snow: 30 cm
    Year to date: 39 cm

Yeah, I know they have a lot of snow making, but you're right, those poor bastards poaching runs are going to trash their skis on some nice Rockies shale.

KH is doing really well. 34 over night and base is up to 91 this morning. 164cm to date
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Treycal View Post
    I laughed when I looked at the snow report on the Nakiska website this morning.

24 hr snow: 30 cm
    Year to date: 39 cm

Yeah, I know they have a lot of snow making, but you're right, those poor bastards poaching runs are going to trash their skis on some nice Rockies shale.
    How is this different from trashing our skis at Highwood every year?

You will get to do it will several thousand people?

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
    How is this different from trashing our skis at Highwood every year?
    You "earned" the right to trash your skis (and skins).

Shit brah. Got some sweaty ass palms from that.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Shit brah. Got some sweaty ass palms from that.
    What part off the ass is the palm?

Marmot confirmed a Friday opening. And thank the snow lords that includes some upper mountain runs. No WROD this year!
    Last edited by jetski; 11-04-2017 at 04:37 PM.