Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Hopefully the lack of activity on here means everybody is getting down and dirty in the deep! What an exceptional week, Fernie was absolutely bonkers last few days, and except for this temp spike across the West today, it looks like it will continue to be awesome everywhere.

20 overnight everywhere (yes, even at the quay)

thinking laps on GE at SSV should get good vert vs no people. Or maybe big chair at Quay

On my drive into Calgary this morning there was a lot of traffic headed west.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Skied 2 days at Bow Summit area last weekend. Amazing conditions, not that many people (other than the 50 people on avi courses at valley bottom). Didn't push limits due to considerable rating but also had no whumfs, or felt anything weird. Showed about 20 or 30 cms from sat morn to end of day sun. No crazy winds, moderate at best.

Rain at Pano last night, it's ugly on the lower mountain.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Rain at Pano last night, it's ugly on the lower mountain.

Well that sux. At what level was it freezing?
    Using Tapatalk

Wife and I with a rare appearance together. Great conditions low down. Wind got most of the open areas but layed 12-18 cms in the trees. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freewheel brass.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	222602

Nice photos!
    - Pano today. Taynton was good. Wind affected snow in the Zone. I only noticed the rain around the Mile 1 quad.

I don't have any nice pictures like jetski and my wife had to work but I did have some good turns at Marmot today as well. It's surprising how long Tres Hombre's is when a pack of people are behind you.

Snow/Rain at Fernie last night as well. Whitepass was skiing good, the lower mountain is pretty firm.

Fernie- firing. Even looks deep on Robnow. Top part of hill skiing neat today. Bit nasty half way down where the hurricane hit. Plenty of fresh deadfall to go with your turns on the rocks....more snow forecasted and febpowuary about to start.
    Last edited by teamdirt; 01-30-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Anybody out today at the resorts want to share some info, besides it being deep? May have a chance to head out tomorrow and wondering if everything was open, stability wise, today at Fernie, Golden, and Louise. You know...looking for a little untracked resort pow.

My huge failure this year at Pano is not doing Monster yet. Saturday, given 11cm mid week, I chose hard snow skis for cruising. Apparently Monster was epic knee deep. Up in 2 weeks. Will be hiking...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Wife and I with a rare appearance together. Great conditions low down. Wind got most of the open areas but layed 12-18 cms in the trees. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freewheel brass.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	222602
    nice! I got halfway to Jasper last weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Anybody out today at the resorts want to share some info, besides it being deep? May have a chance to head out tomorrow and wondering if everything was open, stability wise, today at Fernie, Golden, and Louise. You know...looking for a little untracked resort pow.

most of the terrain got open at SSV and LL yesterday, but was slow opening so some people left at 11ish. Will be soft, but not fresh

My kid skied the Monster yesterday to take someone a new set of skiis after losing one(he's a patroller) and said it was deep.

I posted this in the Southern BC conditions thread originally and it was suggested I try here, although I know the area I'm asking about is not Rockies... I can't seem to find a thread about the northern Selkirks?

If anyone has been out touring lately at Rogers or elsewhere in the vicinity and doesn't mind sharing their snowpack/avy obs, please PM me. We're flying into Bill Putnam on Sat and trying to gather all the info we can. No need to share exactly where you were or give up any stashes, just general aspect/elevation and obs would be helpful. We've been reading the avy bulletin daily but there are surprisingly few observations submitted publicly on the forecast center website. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I posted this in the Southern BC conditions thread originally and it was suggested I try here, although I know the area I'm asking about is not Rockies... I can't seem to find a thread about the northern Selkirks?

If anyone has been out touring lately at Rogers or elsewhere in the vicinity and doesn't mind sharing their snowpack/avy obs, please PM me. We're flying into Bill Putnam on Sat and trying to gather all the info we can. No need to share exactly where you were or give up any stashes, just general aspect/elevation and obs would be helpful. We've been reading the avy bulletin daily but there are surprisingly few observations submitted publicly on the forecast center website. Thanks!
    Not much intel as you need a helicopter to ski in this area, or know a guide with access to the InfoEX

Your best public intel:
    Rogers Pass Avy report
    http://avalanche.pc.gc.ca/bulletin-eng.aspx?r=3&d=TODAY

Sorcerer Field ops
    www.wisegoat.ca/wgsorcerer.pdf

Chatter Creek Weather
    www.chattercreek.ca/conditions/

If you have a radio you can call Chatter daily from Putmnam for updated weather and avalanche conditions. Enroute to the heli plot stop by the Chatter office in Donald and check in with them. Bring Beer!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    This is fantastic. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    My kid skied the Monster yesterday to take someone a new set of skiis after losing one(he's a patroller) and said it was deep.

Nice kid you have there. Won’t be up for another week. Hopefully fills in some more.

You ever ski the resort? Interested in doing a lap?
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    I didn't make it out today, but conditions sound similar to yesterday, soft up top on Whitepass, with the lower mountain being firm on the groomers and crusty off piste. At least the break in the snow cycle allowed Patrol to get Concussion open today.

Mex, i hope you made it out. Louise was fantastic with alot of slightly tracked snow. Have snow a plenty off wh2 and wh2. With sunny soft laps on the front.
    Last edited by crashidy; 01-31-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    I didn't make it out today, but conditions sound similar to yesterday, soft up top on Whitepass, with the lower mountain being firm on the groomers and crusty off piste. At least the break in the snow cycle allowed Patrol to get Concussion open today.
    Concussion and Easter were awesome today! Showed up at 11 expecting a couple laps before heading home and then ended up skiing till 4pm. Lower mountain improving with a few CM's over the day. Not nearly as bad as yesterday down there. More snow on way!

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Nice kid you have there. Won’t be up for another week. Hopefully fills in some more.

You ever ski the resort? Interested in doing a lap?
    I do on the right day/conditions or if my 2 smoker is broken. Let me know when you're out.

Teamdirt has been teasing me all day...asshole