Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    GF & I are doing our traditional trip to BC when conditions at home (Tahoe) are meh. Leaving Whistler on Wedn, skiing Revy Thurs & Fri. Have our BC gear in case anyone wants to show us some of the goods.

Looking like Whitewater on Saturday.
    Revy is -18*C/0*F so bring your warmest clothes.

Whistler during the Xmas Holidays???? Not as cold but bring lots of cold hard cash and prepare to stand in line.

Oh, none of the areas that you mentioned in your post are in the Rockies.

its - bagillion in banff, its colder then hoth, and ton-tons are freezing

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    its - bagillion in banff, its colder then hoth, and ton-tons are freezing
    +1 on this, haha!!!

-32 in the truck at Pano today -20 at the summit . I have never seen it so quiet for Christmas in the 15 years since I moved here.
    Snow is fantastic if you are tough enough, which I am not.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    -32 in the truck at Pano today -20 at the summit . I have never seen it so quiet for Christmas in the 15 years since I moved here.

Fernie skiing well- lots of chopped up and soft pow in the trees. No crowds and tolerable temps, depending who you are. -15 to -20 isnt bad when your a prairie dweller. Good snowfall in the forecast for end of week! merry xmas and happy new year everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Revy is -18*C/0*F so bring your warmest clothes.

Whistler during the Xmas Holidays???? Not as cold but bring lots of cold hard cash and prepare to stand in line.

Oh, none of the areas that you mentioned in your post are in the Rockies.
    Brah I’ve been skiing BC / Alberta for 20 yrs. Was surprised to see via search that Revy came up so much in this so called Rockies thread but figured you guys had succumbed to thread drift. Happens.

By the way Dec 23-26 was among the least crowded my Whistler friends had ever seen in December. As in: we skied directly onto the lifts most of the day.
    I came in expecting crowds during my obligatory family vacation but like you I was totally wrong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75046BE0-2B30-42E2-B0D8-B40580617B5C.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	850.8 KB 
ID:	219930

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Fernie skiing well- lots of chopped up and soft pow in the trees. No crowds and tolerable temps, depending who you are. -15 to -20 isnt bad when your a prairie dweller. Good snowfall in the forecast for end of week! merry xmas and happy new year everyone.
    Stoked for my visit there in early Feb, and more snowfall in Fernie is music to my ears.

Coming up from Big Sky in January. Doing a lap in BC with the wife. She surprised me with two days of Heli-sking at Great Canadian Heli-skiing. Any beta on this outfitter would be appreciated. Also, going to do a day at Kicking horse, Revy, and possibly Red Mountain??Thinking about adding Kimberley after Red before heading south?? Any local info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyfan View Post
    Coming up from Big Sky in January. Doing a lap in BC with the wife. She surprised me with two days of Heli-sking at Great Canadian Heli-skiing. Any beta on this outfitter would be appreciated. Also, going to do a day at Kicking horse, Revy, and possibly Red Mountain??Thinking about adding Kimberley after Red before heading south?? Any local info would be appreciated. Thanks.

you are driving up? Red is not really on the way? (assuming you are doing I15 to calgary, then thru banff?

I woud check local conditions and see whats "on" Castle, fernie, kimberly, golden, reve?
    or sunshine, lake louise, golden, reve?

GC heli is good. smaller op, but the limiting factor is usually stability (as it is with ALL operations) and the ability to guests to listen to guide instructions. Enjoy it..

Yes, driving up but going straight to Greater Canadian first than KH, Revy, down to Red and possibly Kimberley. With that route Kimberely would be a little out of the way, is it worth checking out? Should point out been to Banff Sunshine and Lake Louise so not on the list.

see what the snows doing and then make the call on destinations

Red to kimberly is NOT a direct line AT all. Kimberly is a fun, mellow town/hill. nice snow, some fun pitches, but not radtastic. VERY good bakery and a few resturants (shed, pedal and tap) On the way back from kimberly to bozeman you have fernie and castle too.

And bring me 12 donuts from grannies donuts please.

Thanks for your input. You are always very helpful to all on this board and its appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyfan View Post
    Thanks for your input. You are always very helpful to all on this board and its appreciated.

welcome, did I mention the part about bringing some donuts to banff for me??

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    see what the snows doing ..... On the way back from kimberly to bozeman you have fernie and castle too...

Report from Castle. Dress warm, enjoy pow.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Report from Castle. Dress warm, enjoy pow.
    Castle reports 70 cm new blower pow.

Yesterday was unreal, but ridiculously cold. My toes weren't very happy. Had to take an hour and a half break at lunch. And it looks like it was even colder today!

Pano didn't get 70 cm of snow, but it didn't suck today. Knee deep turns in Taynton this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparwood Dave View Post
    Castle reports 70 cm new blower pow.
    Castle did not get 70cm of new overnight. Its been a 3 day storm. Fernie same. 70-80 of blower over 3 days- ski conditions getting deeper
    Last edited by teamdirt; 12-30-2017 at 07:14 PM.

-32 ...... if you are tough enough, which I am not.
    thats loser-talk!
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Skied last three days at Pano. Yesterday early AM to noon had multiple runs with nice lines. First two runs down Top of the World, a cut run, were three lines and second run, six. Never had two runs back to back fresh lines like that on a cut ski run.

Did three hours then had errands to run in town.

Today, didn’t get started until 2PM, but while not fresh lines, still soft all around.

No temps from 27th to today worse than -15*C. But, other than a few lift lines, nothing major. Hotel rooms full, hill easy to ski....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    Pano didn't get 70 cm of snow, but it didn't suck today. Knee deep turns in Taynton this morning.
    If you are up, happy to ski tomorrow. Ping me if available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks for the invitation, but we're heading to Nipika today.

Fernie has been the goods last couple days. Plenty of tourists but no rippers (where were you TD?) meant lots of good lines staying fresh. At least today was warmer higher up but **** that -30 in Alberta.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Fernie has been the goods last couple days. Plenty of tourists but no rippers (where were you TD?) meant lots of good lines staying fresh. At least today was warmer higher up but **** that -30 in Alberta.
    Hill was good today-Im skiing daily but ski hill is low tide. Easy to get hurt-snow snakes aplenty- take it easy out there. Text me if your around. Backcountry will be sunny and deep this week if you have touring gear with you.

Reports of skier triggered avy on Goldie Mtn. Yesterday. No details yet other than all are ok.