Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Fair enough...greased crank < crank + 609 < epoxied crank, though. All I'm sayin

I ordered a BBS02 from Luna this morning to stick on the 3 speed cruiser I bought on Monday. I bought a spare battery cradle so I can swap the battery back and forth with my chopper. The cruiser has a coaster brake so I might have to add a dummy brake lever for a power cutout.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cruiser.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	213287
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

You may need more stopping power than a coaster brake provides...

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    You may need more stopping power than a coaster brake provides...
    "I'm standin' on the frickin' pedals, stompin' on them really, and I get nuthin'. Then a grinding sound and a whiff of ...what... burning grease? And some smoke. The rear hub was smokin', I swear."

Also, that handlebar makes my elbows, shoulders and wrists ache. Looking at the picture & not even sitting on the thing.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Ya, the photo makes the bars look painful but they actually put your hands in a really natural position.

I haven't electrified it yet but I'm going to find some hand brakes for it.
    You are what you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Ya, the photo makes the bars look painful but they actually put your hands in a really natural position.

I haven't electrified it yet but I'm going to find some hand brakes for it.
    I know plenty of people who like those bars on a beach cruiser sort of bike. I've never ridden one that I remember, so I'm sure it isn't like what my imagination tells me. Unless the top tube is really short.

Did anybody see the new 14kg xc race bike that Focus released today? The motor is integrated with the battery and is removable so the bike turns into a 10kg normal xc race bike. It's only a 250 watt battery but they say it will give up to 55km or maybe more in the low assist setting.

Sounds great. "Our new e-bike/pedalbike model lets you train LESS for that XC race it's made for when the battery's removed."

That old devil EU has turned Europe into softies. Sheesh.

I electrified my bike so I can win at Zwift.
    You are what you eat.

No way I'd ever want to eventually pedal a bike weighting 70 lbs under any circumstances.

Electric bike thread

My (non-electrified) cargo bike is 64 pounds. Man it hauls downhill. Uphill is different...

I was riding at Lewis & Clark Caverns yesterday and ran into a friend who is recently back from a trip to EU.

He and the missus are strong as hell riders. They spent about 10 days doing day tours in the Dolomite area and said E-bikes are in the majority there for most of the bigger rides.

They did a bunch of 70-100 km days on Giant E-bikes they rented. Had a great time and did not feel bad one tiny little bit about not providing all the watts.

So my dad (74 yrs old, never ridden a bike in his life)bought a felt big Lebowski last summer. Essentially just a hard tail fat bike with pedal assist. I have to say, SUPER fun. It’s like always pedaling downhill. Wheel slip going up steep stuff was non-existent. Anyone who thinks this type of e-bike damages trails doesn’t know anything. This excludes some home built job with monster battery, no limiters and a twist throttle....that’s a motorcycle and can trash trails.

Even with the pedal assist, he was about 1/4 to 1/2 as fast as I was. Here’s the thing though, he would have never been able to ride with me without it. I can guarantee you that I wore out more of the trail on my Enduro 29er than he did. Trail “damage” is just not an issue with pedal assist. If they really want to limit trail damage, sell only Huffy POS bikes that will taco with any speed or weight. Or else ban fit people who ride almost every day.

Also, I still got a workout in riding it

There's a guy who lives near me. Must be about 70 years old. Rides by the house late morning every day, around the corner to this seedy liquor store. Grabs his goods and heads home (presumably). Crushing old age on his eBike. I approve.
    If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it tubeless, I will. I got spare time.

After spending a few weeks in a Euro city, it dawned on me that e bikes are the 21st century moped. I'd own one in a flash if I lived here.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die