Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 37 of 37
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,034
    Yo otto parts,
    before you drill 'em, give mildbill. a chance. (EDIT: I just emailed him a link to this thread.)

    I think he puts a lot of days on 194's every year, and I think he's still in NorCal. I dunno, maybe there's a 194-for-194 trade plus cash in there somehow.

    Also, if you just want a couple token days per year on 194's for old times sake, I have 194s in the Squaw Ski Library that fit about 307-326 BSL. I skied them July at Mammoth and they still fucking RULE on high-speed spring/summer days (but 193cm m103's are still slightly radder, IMO).

    I also have a beater 186 that is too short for me, but I could mount 'em up if Squaw Library borrowers want to land on rocks, or if I ever get around to doing my own version of Blister's big mtn shootout idea (buried within their page at https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...-pro-rider-192 ).

    .
    - TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

    "My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

    "I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,365

    194 OG Legend Pros

    I skied mine 20-30 days last year in Snowmass, where turning is optional.
    I got new boots with a smaller BSL and I donít think Iíll remount.

    $100 w/Pivot 14ís@305 picked up in the RFV.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    the tinfoil aisle
    Posts
    1,430
    Thanks for the heads up Vitamin I. Passing on these as I shop more for the cheap thrills pairs than the collectibles. Plus I haven't been killing skis at the rate I used to so I am stocked up for now...
    Last edited by mildbill.; 11-23-2019 at 06:31 PM.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I skied mine 20-30 days last year in Snowmass, where turning is optional.
    I got new boots with a smaller BSL and I donít think Iíll remount.

    $100 w/Pivot 14ís@305 picked up in the RFV.
    Legend pro? In 194? Iíll take those

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,365
    Theyíre at Shadow Mtn. Iíll be up early today.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    37N 122W
    Posts
    390
    Woah, just walked into this...anyone still have a pair of 194s or 186s around they want to find a new home?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Kids today, all they talk about is big air. I say, stay on the mountain, that's where the action is. If you want big air, pull my finger." ~Smooth Johnson~

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    498
    Would love for Dynastar to make this exact ski again, no changes. Dreaming, I know.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    37N 122W
    Posts
    390

    194 OG Legend Pros

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Yo otto parts,
    before you drill 'em, give mildbill. a chance. (EDIT: I just emailed him a link to this thread.)

    I think he puts a lot of days on 194's every year, and I think he's still in NorCal. I dunno, maybe there's a 194-for-194 trade plus cash in there somehow.

    Also, if you just want a couple token days per year on 194's for old times sake, I have 194s in the Squaw Ski Library that fit about 307-326 BSL. I skied them July at Mammoth and they still fucking RULE on high-speed spring/summer days (but 193cm m103's are still slightly radder, IMO).

    I also have a beater 186 that is too short for me, but I could mount 'em up if Squaw Library borrowers want to land on rocks, or if I ever get around to doing my own version of Blister's big mtn shootout idea (buried within their page at https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...-pro-rider-192 ).

    .
    Whatís this squaw ski library you speak of? I could have some contributions (187 LP XXLs for example)...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Kids today, all they talk about is big air. I say, stay on the mountain, that's where the action is. If you want big air, pull my finger." ~Smooth Johnson~

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by enginerd View Post
    Whatís this squaw ski library you speak of? I could have some contributions (187 LP XXLs for example)...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    And the library grows...

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,034
    Quote Originally Posted by enginerd View Post
    Whatís this squaw ski library you speak of? I could have some contributions (187 LP XXLs for example)...
    If you contribute your 187 LP XXL, then I will be offering to coordinate the lending of about 100 skis from my Truckee storage unit (or I can meet borrowers at Squaw/Alpine parking lots or wherever). Also, I can offer to mount bindings from my big stash of old Salomon bindings and Jester Demos.

    A 187 LP XXL is short for me, but still I would A/B Test it vs. a bunch of other skis in that class, and would publish test results for old skis that nobody cares about anymore, haha. Sounds fun to me.

    Currently all 100 of my skis fit my 314mm BSL, only 17 pairs have demo bindings to fit every boot size, and most skis are long and fat for bigger guys. The collection is pictured at this post, plus 16 recent additions at this other post.

    The collection was mobile last winter, but this winter it will stay in Truckee/Squaw/Alpine...with a few short mid-winter trips to Mammoth, and then probably finish off with an extended stay in Mammoth for May/June/July.

    .
    - TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

    "My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

    "I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vernon BC
    Posts
    1,696
    Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    For 400$ , I could get one of these girls for 45min.

    and thats 40 min longer than I actually need.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,177

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •