Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    What is the problem as long as the price is right and the stuff is not stolen? I bought a complete setup from a M series poster. Boots, poles, skis, bindings, skins all new for $625 Guy even threw in a new Osprey daypack and paid shipping. I had never heard of worn wear. But really used shorts for $40.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    What do you suggest?
    Thumb screws, red hot pokers up their ass. Seems the Spanish inquisition had some good ideas...everything old is new a gain.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    What is the problem as long as the price is right and the stuff is not stolen? I bought a complete setup from a M series poster. Boots, poles, skis, bindings, skins all new for $625 Guy even threw in a new Osprey daypack and paid shipping.
    Nothing. But how do you know it wasn't stolen? Did you ask for the original receipt?

A minimum post count before being able to post in gear swap???

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Nothing. But how do you know it wasn't stolen? Did you ask for the original receipt?
    you are correct. I trust people
    off your knees Louie

This place isn't really about Gear Swap anyway. I come here for the tits.

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    This place isn't really about Gear Swap anyway. I come here for the tetons.
    FIFY.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I had never heard of worn wear. But really used shorts for $40.
    Is that a thing? Sounds like a really bad deal..

"Slightly used ginch. Very little staining. BLOWOUT......only a small hole though" . Pretty EZ, don't go there

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    A minimum post count before being able to post in gear swap???
    Don't think that would be good, for example I picked up some og Bibby pro's from the moment guys a few years back for half what I could have sold them for on gear swap. ..they have a low past count.

I say troll/flame them...

BEFORE BUYING: Watch out for resellers!

This place use to be awesome when the community managed themselves without all the moderator bs. Mags sold to mags or to those who had develop a presence on the board. If someone wants to buy from a low post jong let them. If their pricing is out of wack call them out and witch hunt their ass out of the community, but quit babysitting everyone. Just my two cents and you can agree or not I don't really give a rats ass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mwthomsen; 09-12-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    What happened to the old gear swap price police task force? Maggot ground rules for used gear:

50% off MSRP
    -10% per year used
    -10% if less than perfect
    +10-20% if rare/burly/super awesome sought after thing
    +10% New in plastic/with tags

You need more money than that? Take it to flebay or craigslist. That isn't a maggot deal.

So with this example, a pair of OG Spatulas NIP would only be 70-80% of original retail, and it would move here because of what they are. I don't shop gear swap to pay MSRP. Flippers often were called out, shamed and every other post stalked and mocked until they paid their dues. Have we gotten soft in our own self regulation?
    This ^^^ There's also a "scammers" and "props to..." sticky at the top. I work too much, don't post a lot, but this place should self moderate. Minimum post count is getting kinda epic ski/teleturns... I am low post count, been here for years, read more than I post, but seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahar View Post
    This ^^^ There's also a "scammers" and "props to..." sticky at the top. I work too much, don't post a lot, but this place should self moderate. Minimum post count is getting kinda epic ski/teleturns... I am low post count, been here for years, read more than I post, but seriously.
    I'm aware of the props to thread...
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Ha! Not directed at you, a vote for the admin..

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Praxis Rx

I resolve this issue by only buying from maggots.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by HansJob View Post
    I resolve this issue by only buying from maggots.
    word

Fix search.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flyman683 View Post
    Fix search.
    ^^^^^ This!!!

As someone without a lot of posts, I am glad that some mags have been willing to hook me up with gear and I don't think a minimum post count solves anything. Some mags could probably post less.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi_Lee View Post
    ^^^^^ This!!!

As someone without a lot of posts, I am glad that some mags have been willing to hook me up with gear and I don't think a minimum post count solves anything. Some mags could probably post less.
    http://www.searchjong.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield View Post
    That is a good link to bookmark, works well...when I was using google on my own to search tgr, all the archived post would be returns.

Where the fuck is JONGSLAUGHTER?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Slippery slope.

That said, even though I've sold a pile of gear here, in the last couple years, hardly anyone has left any "props" for me in that thread - occasionally in the for sale thread that I already have though.

I dunno...I just had a zero-post JONG ask me about a Patagucci vest I had for sale last spring for $60, but I told him that since USPS prices have risen a lot, I'd need to do $65, and he said he was gonna ask me for $50 shipped. Nah. I deal with people who contribute a bit, but otherwise...

Anyway...
    Gravity. It's the law.

I'm kinda waiting for your next sale.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Slippery slope.

That said, even though I've sold a pile of gear here, in the last couple years, hardly anyone has left any "props" for me in that thread - occasionally in the for sale thread that I already have though.

I dunno...I just had a zero-post JONG ask me about a Patagucci vest I had for sale last spring for $60, but I told him that since USPS prices have risen a lot, I'd need to do $65, and he said he was gonna ask me for $50 shipped. Nah. I deal with people who contribute a bit, but otherwise...

Anyway...
    I just had a guy with 0 posts ask about an Arcteryx coat i have for sale as well.... it seemed odd.