Where to go 9/19-9/28?

So, I have a ten day stretch off starting this Monday. I had originally planned on Outer Banks, with SoCal as a backup plan. Obviously, I hesitated to book flights with all the Irma stuff. I have a brother in San Diego that is always great to see/crash/drink with, but his work is taking him out of town Monday. I don't really have a limit on my budget, but I can't blow $10K on a boat trip, nor could I likely book it this fast. I would upset my wife if I did something in Centro. MAYBE I could pull El Salvador/Guatemala, possibly Mexico, but anything south of Nica is either insensitive or out of the question. I could still do Socal or OBX. Any suggestions?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Normally I would definitely recommend OC in September. One of my favorite months, consistent SW energy, warm water and an occasional pulse from the NW. But the forecast for 19th to 28th is not good right now. We are supposed to get some swell middle of next week, but that will pretty much be gone by the time you get here. I'm looking at the extended forecast on surfline and it shows nothing for OC during that time period. That can certainly change though, as we are a couple of weeks away. This summer has been fun here, not great, but chest high or better surf just about every day. As it gets closer we will have a better idea of whether there will be any swell at that time. Like I said, September is usually a great month here.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

North Kakalaki would have been the place to shoot for this week. Maria's kicking up some pretty killer conditions from Myrtle to Virginia Beach this week.

I tried to hit Baja, but had a host of issues come together that did a pretty thorough job of keeping me from crossing the border. Fun stuff at Cardiff and Black's in boardshorts, had to put the 3/2 on for IB and Leo Carrillo. I've been through IB several times where it looked like shit on a stick, but when that places is feeling good, holy FUCK.

IB is the most overlooked break in San Diego County. It has its pollution issues which keep
    Most people out.
    But when it's chest high or bigger it's mean. And when it's head high and bigger it can really slam you
    Like a mini Puerto Escondido
    Caught it a couple feet overhead with screaming offshores a few times. Lots of spit