Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    For quite a while i didn’t open this thread. But more recently I’ve posted examples of POS’s. I’m on the fence about the whole exercise but I can say it’s somewhat cathartic to post cases of POS’s.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

POS Human Beings

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^Did not click.
    Yeah, me neither...

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    To be played by Billy Bob Thornton in the biopic.

https://www.boston.com/news/health/2...ly-gives-birth

Arizona woman in vegetative state for decade reportedly gives birth

The governor's office called the situation 'deeply troubling.'"

PHOENIX (AP) — A woman said to have been in a vegetative state for at least a decade at a private health care facility in Phoenix reportedly gave birth recently, triggering a police investigation and reviews by state agencies in a situation that the state governor’s office called “deeply troubling.'”

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    https://www.boston.com/news/health/2...ly-gives-birth

Arizona woman in vegetative state for decade reportedly gives birth

The governor's office called the situation 'deeply troubling.'"

PHOENIX (AP) — A woman said to have been in a vegetative state for at least a decade at a private health care facility in Phoenix reportedly gave birth recently, triggering a police investigation and reviews by state agencies in a situation that the state governor’s office called “deeply troubling.'”
    There was a detective show about this very thing. Mom of woman in vegetative state paid orderly to impregnate her daughter so she could have a grand child. Think it was Law & Order.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

National park visitors cut down protected Joshua trees during partial government shutdown

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who take it upon themselves to go to understaffed national parks to keep them clean during the government shutdown, and then those who set up illegal campsites and cut down Joshua trees in the national park of the same name.

Pictures shared by the National Park Service and the nonprofit news organization National Parks Traveler show a downed tree and illegal campsites in California's Joshua Tree National Park.

"There are about a dozen instances of extensive vehicle traffic off roads and in some cases into wilderness. We had destruction of government property with the cutting of chains and locks for people to access campgrounds," park Superintendent David Smith told National Parks Traveler.
    "We've never seen this level of out-of-bounds camping. Every day-use area was occupied every evening. Joshua trees were actually cut down in order to make new roads."

The guy who kidnapped a 13 year old girl and killed her parents probably qualifies. At least they found the girl and caught the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The guy who kidnapped a 13 year old girl and killed her parents probably qualifies. At least they found the girl and caught the guy.
    Incredible that she escaped/still had wits about her after 3 months with the psycho who murdered her parents

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That goes without saying. Sounds like he was very methodical about the whole thing. Thank goodness she has been reunited with her aunt.

How about this POS?

Man Faces Hate Crime Charge After Attacking Lesbians At Seahawks Game: DA

Hate crime charges have been filed against a Washington state man who authorities say taunted, groped and assaulted a married lesbian couple at a Seattle Seahawks game.

According to the King County Prosecutor’s Office, Jay Dee Harp III, 34, faces charges of second-degree assault, third-degree assault and malicious harassment. The latter of the three charges is the legal term for a hate crime in the state.

State police tased and arrested the Tacoma man on Dec. 30, after he allegedly attacked two married women inside the CenturyLink Field stadium during the Seahawks home game against the Arizona Cardinals.

According to newly filed court documents HuffPost obtained, authorities allege a “highly intoxicated” Harp spent the majority of the football game making “crude, vulgar comments” toward the women.

King County Deputy Prosecutor Rhyan claimed Harp called one of the women a “fucking dyke” and said, “Do you need a man in your life?” In another instance, Harp was allegedly seen “motioning towards his mid-section and thrusting his hands” before asking the women if they, “wanted some dick.”

The video below posted to YouTube appears to show the alleged assault and may be upsetting to some readers.

Things took a turn for the worse during the third quarter of the game when authorities say Harp physically assaulted one of the women.

“When the defendant returned from purchasing a beer, the defendant grabbed the victim’s wife, unzipped her jacket, and grabbed her breast,” Anderson wrote in court documents. “When several bystanders intervened … the defendant fought them off and punched the other female victim in the face, causing a nose bleed, significant pain, and breaking her front tooth in half.”

A witness to the incident restrained Harp and held him until police arrived on the scene. The court documents allege Harp resisted arrest and punched one of the officers in the stomach before he was tased and taken into custody.

In a written statement included in court documents, one of the victims said:

“I have been an active member of the LGBT community for decades and fought for marriage equality as an adult. The man’s chronic and repeated comments about our sexuality, based on my experience, suggest my sexual orientation may have motivated today’s assault.”

According to Seattle’s KIRO-TV, the woman who was punched underwent nose surgery on Monday.

Authorities jailed Harp for investigation of malicious harassment and felony assault. He was released the following day after posting a $25,000 bond. In light of the circumstances, prosecutors are now asking the court to raise that bond to $100,000.

“The requested bail amount more appropriately takes into account the violent nature of the defendant’s attack,” Anderson wrote in court documents.

“While the defendant has no known criminal history, the defendant’s willingness to sexually assault a female — a complete stranger — in a crowded sports stadium and then violently punch another female victim in the face demonstrates that he is a clear danger to the community,” the prosecutor added.

A spokesperson at the prosecutor’s office told HuffPost that Harp is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 16. Court records do not list an attorney for him. HuffPost was unable to contact Harp on Thursday.

This job would be great if it weren't for the fucking customers

Quote Originally Posted by PWeb View Post
    And people worry about kids getting their hands on marijuana.

Give them enough weed and they'd probably chill out a bit

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Give them enough weed and they'd probably chill out a bit
    Or get hella paranoid and freak out even more

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    That goes without saying. Sounds like he was very methodical about the whole thing. Thank goodness she has been reunited with her aunt.

How about this POS?

Man Faces Hate Crime Charge After Attacking Lesbians At Seahawks Game: DA

Hate crime charges have been filed against a Washington state man who authorities say taunted, groped and assaulted a married lesbian couple at a Seattle Seahawks game.

According to the King County Prosecutor’s Office, Jay Dee Harp III, 34, faces charges of second-degree assault, third-degree assault and malicious harassment. The latter of the three charges is the legal term for a hate crime in the state.

State police tased and arrested the Tacoma man on Dec. 30, after he allegedly attacked two married women inside the CenturyLink Field stadium during the Seahawks home game against the Arizona Cardinals.

According to newly filed court documents HuffPost obtained, authorities allege a “highly intoxicated” Harp spent the majority of the football game making “crude, vulgar comments” toward the women.

King County Deputy Prosecutor Rhyan claimed Harp called one of the women a “fucking dyke” and said, “Do you need a man in your life?” In another instance, Harp was allegedly seen “motioning towards his mid-section and thrusting his hands” before asking the women if they, “wanted some dick.”

The video below posted to YouTube appears to show the alleged assault and may be upsetting to some readers.

Things took a turn for the worse during the third quarter of the game when authorities say Harp physically assaulted one of the women.

“When the defendant returned from purchasing a beer, the defendant grabbed the victim’s wife, unzipped her jacket, and grabbed her breast,” Anderson wrote in court documents. “When several bystanders intervened … the defendant fought them off and punched the other female victim in the face, causing a nose bleed, significant pain, and breaking her front tooth in half.”

A witness to the incident restrained Harp and held him until police arrived on the scene. The court documents allege Harp resisted arrest and punched one of the officers in the stomach before he was tased and taken into custody.

In a written statement included in court documents, one of the victims said:

“I have been an active member of the LGBT community for decades and fought for marriage equality as an adult. The man’s chronic and repeated comments about our sexuality, based on my experience, suggest my sexual orientation may have motivated today’s assault.”

According to Seattle’s KIRO-TV, the woman who was punched underwent nose surgery on Monday.

Authorities jailed Harp for investigation of malicious harassment and felony assault. He was released the following day after posting a $25,000 bond. In light of the circumstances, prosecutors are now asking the court to raise that bond to $100,000.

“The requested bail amount more appropriately takes into account the violent nature of the defendant’s attack,” Anderson wrote in court documents.

“While the defendant has no known criminal history, the defendant’s willingness to sexually assault a female — a complete stranger — in a crowded sports stadium and then violently punch another female victim in the face demonstrates that he is a clear danger to the community,” the prosecutor added.

A spokesperson at the prosecutor’s office told HuffPost that Harp is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 16. Court records do not list an attorney for him. HuffPost was unable to contact Harp on Thursday.
    This really fires me up! He clocked that woman. I’d be in jail too - or maybe get a pass - but I’d be hammering on that punk.

Native American Vietnam Veteran Speaks Out After MAGA Hat-Wearing Teens Harass Him

A group of teens wearing “Make America Great Again” hats harassed a Native American Vietnam War veteran during Friday’s first Indigenous Peoples March. Now the Native American elder is speaking out about the ordeal.

Video posted online captures the unsettling incident in Washington, D.C., after a group of teens surrounds Nathan Phillips, mocking and harassing him as he sang the American Indian Movement song on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Phillips served in the Vietnam War and is the former director of the Native Youth Alliance, according to Indian Country Today.

The video, posted to YouTube by user KC Noland, also went viral on Twitter.

One teen, in particular, is seen blocking Philips, smugly staring at the elder as he performs his song. Teens in the background appear to encourage the harassment.

Users on social media identified the teens as likely being students from Covington Catholic school in Kentucky because of the insignia on some of their clothing. Laura Keener, the communications director with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, released a statement on Saturday saying they were looking into the incident.

“We are just now learning about this incident and regret it took place,” according to a statement from Keener obtained by the Cincinnati Enquirer. “We are looking into it.”

Friday’s Indigenous People’s March took place on the same day as the pro-life rally March For Life, and Covington Catholic’s website shows that students and faculty attended the rally. The school’s Twitter was made private following the viral video.

HuffPost reached out to Covington Catholic school for comment but did not receive a reply at the time of publication.

A video of Phillip’s response that appears to have been recorded Friday was posted Saturday to Twitter.

“I heard them saying ‘build that wall, build that wall,’” Phillips said while wiping away tears. “This is indigenous land, you’re not supposed to have walls here. We never did for a millennia. We never had a prison; we always took care of our elders, took care of our children, always provided for them, taught them right from wrong. I wish I could see that energy ... put that energy to making this country really, really great.”

Congresswoman Deb Haaland (D-N.M.) ― one of the first Native American women to be elected to Congress ― said the students displayed “blatant hate” against Phillips.

“This Veteran put his life on the line for our country,” Haaland said on Twitter. “The students’ display of blatant hate, disrespect, and intolerance is a signal of how common decency has decayed under this administration. Heartbreaking.”

Phillips also faced racial discrimination in 2015 when he said Eastern Michigan University students were dressed up in feathers with their faces painted, mocking the elder leader.

“[The students] started whooping and hollering,” Phillips told FOX 2 News at the time. “I said that wasn’t honoring, that was racist. Then at that time, it really got ugly.” Phillips said he was subjected to racist slurs from the group during that incident.

EDIT/ADD:

New video - added for context: A new video shows a different side of the encounter between a Native American elder and teens in MAGA hats
    Last edited by KQ; 01-21-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Common? HS kids looking for a "bigoted" identity. Those boys needed to have had more nuns to beat them into doing good like I did.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Common? HS kids looking for a "bigoted" identity. Those boys needed to have had more nuns to beat them into doing good like I did.

Maybe it's today's youth or the region these kids are from but I can tell you that this type of behavior would not have been remotely considered at my Catholic school.

Of course I'm of the era when children were seen and not heard unless spoken to. My father could just look at me and my brothers and we knew if we didn't stop doing whatever it was we were doing there was going to consequences. Never any violence, just the loss of privileges and of course the shame of having "disappointed" Dad.

IME, middle grades used psycops for teaching behaviour. HS was more about physical pain.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Controlling borders is important
    Name:  fighting_terrorism_since_1492.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  107.5 KB

The coach and the parents of these racist HS hockey players.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.052ce79eca59
    That team should have tossed from the tournament, not the kid they were taunting

Fucking Pennsylvania. There's an idea that didn't work out. Fuck that state.

Posted in NSFW thread...probably coulda just put here.
    Made me laugh...and then go "damn, yeah."
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 8.01.39 PM.png
Views: 665
Size:  62.2 KB

I don't even get it though. In that thread or this one.