Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Could there ever be a better metaphor for this whole sordid affair?

Ted Nugent.
    Michael Vick. Urban Meyer.

I think Ted gets a lifetime achievement award.

POS?
    The SBA also extended the PPP loans to nonprofit groups, which normally wouldn’t qualify through the agency. In all, the federal government gave more than $7 billion in loans to religious organizations.

Although some argue granting them loans under the program was appropriate as churches are employers and service providers, law professor Micah Schwartzman of the University of Virginia says it’s not that simple.

"What makes our PPP different [from] past funding programs is the direct financing of religious operations and religious institutions,” said Schwartzman. “It changes the landscape of how the federal government [and] state governments relate to religious organizations."

“The public perception is that some organizations that have financial means should not have taken the money, even if they were eligible for it,” he added.

Megachurches, where pastors are sometimes worth millions of dollars, were also able to qualify for PPP. Data from the SBA showed churches led by Evangelical TV stars received anywhere from $250,000 to $5 million in loans.

Multi-millionaire Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church received $4.4 million in PPP loans, while Robert Jeffress’ First Baptist Dallas received $2.2 million and Joyce Meyers Ministries received $5 million.

Lakewood Church and Joyce Meyers Ministries told ABC News that the money from the loans was used to save hundreds of jobs and that the pastors did not receive any of the money themselves. First Baptist did not return a request for comment from ABC News.

Schwartzman pointed out that there was “no serious political or public opposition” to religious organizations being eligible for PPP loans like other nonprofits.

“I think most people understand that these are special circumstances during the pandemic, and so there wasn’t any major public outcry about this,” he said.

He said the “objection” to megachurches receiving the loans is similar to that of large corporations receiving the loans. “They didn’t need this money, which was really designated for small businesses that were hurting,” he said.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The 1776 Commission can be added to the list.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nding-compares

This fits well.

Woman Strangled Sister's Boyfriend After Injecting Him with Meth — Then Her Sister Married Their Dad

The deadly night that eventually led to a father and daughter marrying — after they killed the daughter's boyfriend — kicked off with a Valentine's Day dinner.

But it wasn't until after the meal -- steaks, potatoes and a bottle of wine -- that "things started to get strange," said Anna Marie Choudhary, a third member of the family who, according to the Bluefield Daily Telegraph, joined in the murder of her sister's boyfriend.
    a person smiling for the camera: Anna Marie Choudhary © West Virginia Regional Jail Anna Marie Choudhary

That night, John Thomas McGuire "was struck on the head with a wine bottle, tied up, tortured, injected with methamphetamine, strangled, buried, disinterred, dismembered and then buried again," according to the outlet.

On Wednesday -- following the guilty pleas and convictions of her father and sister -- Choudhary, 33, of Boone, N.C., pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the 2019 death of McGuire, 38, reports WVNS.

Choudhary's sister, Amanda McClure, and McGuire were a couple at the time of his murder inside the home where Choudhary lived with their father, Larry McClure Sr., in Skygusty, West Virginia.

Authorities located McGuire's body in September 2019 in a shallow grave on the property after Larry told police where to find it while being questioned for another offense.

Larry pleaded guilty last July to first-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison; Amanda, whom he married, pleaded guilty the same month to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 40 years in prison, reports the Daily Telegraph.
    a group of people posing for the camera: West Virginia Regional Jail (3) From left, Amanda McClure, Larry McClure and Anna Marie Choudhary © Provided by People West Virginia Regional Jail (3) From left, Amanda McClure, Larry McClure and Anna Marie Choudhary

About two weeks before Valentine's Day, McGuire and Amanda were traveling from Minnesota when their vehicle broke down in Indiana. Larry and Choudhary went to pick them up and moved them into their home.

The couple were "coming off meth pretty hard," Choudhary said, and decided to brew a new batch with ingredients that Larry helped them buy. Although the ingredients failed to coalesce properly, Amanda McClure retained the liquid in a jar.

Choudhary said that during this time, she saw her father "go off to the side" to speak with her sister, but Choudhary said she wasn't yet aware of an intimate relationship between the two. She also said her father asked her to cut up some pieces of rope -- a request that didn't seem strange at the time.

Then came the holiday meal, where Amanda kept the wine bottle close at hand.

"When Larry said he wanted to play a game, a trust game, Amanda had been joking about how she was able to get out of anything," said Choudhary. "She was able to tie herself up and nobody will believe she could tie herself up that way."

During the game, McGuire's feet were tied. Larry "sat down and, I don't know, it was a grin that I'll never be able to describe," said Choudhary. "But as John sat up and bent over to untie his feet, and it all happened so quick, but Amanda stood up and grabbed that bottle and bashed him over the back of the head with it. And the next thing I know John had reared up and was leaning back against the wall holding his head."

"And that's when Larry looked at me and told me if I knew what was best for my children and wanted them to live, I would follow all instructions that were given to me from that moment on."

She said Larry and Amanda tied up McGuire, accusing him of being a federal informant, with both Larry and Amanda yelling "and demanding to know who he was."

"John kept telling them, 'You have the wrong person. I don't know who you're looking for, but you have the wrong person,' " Choudhary said.

They prevented Choudhary from leaving, she said, and kept torturing McGuire through the night, before moving him to a bedroom where he was hogtied with a rope around his neck.

They threatened to inject him with a truth serum, drive him back to Minnesota in the back of a truck "and basically leave him there for everybody to find," Choudhary said.

Then Amanda presented two syringes, which Choudhary said she later learned were filled with the "bad batch" of meth. "They told me that since I was the one with the nursing experience, I was going to be the one to inject him," she said. "And they gave me the syringes and instructed me to inject him into the carotid artery."

Cloudhary did as she was told, and alleged that afterward, Amanda said, "Well, that should be enough to kill him."

It didn't.

"They stood over me and told me I needed to finish it and needed to strangle him," Cloudhary told the judge, "so that's what I did."

Larry stood on McGuire's back while his face was pushed "into the cushions" and the rope around his neck was pulled, she said. Amanda sat by McGuire's head, laughing and "asking him, did he really believe he was going to end up back north?"

They then made Cloudhary gather the man's belongings and burn them in a bonfire, after which she said she was told to put the body in a garbage bag.

The effort required her to snap the body's limbs out of the rigor mortis that had set in.

"That's not a sound I ever want to hear again," she said. "They instructed me as to what to do and stood back and watched me do it."

Rather than dump the body in a mine shaft "where it wouldn't be found," as Larry had initially suggested, she said the trio drove around the rest of the day before stopping to dig a grave together.

Afterward, Larry and Amanda "went on like nothing happened" and "started having a relationship as soon as he was buried."

About two weeks later, she said, "Amanda insisted that she wanted proof that he was actually dead and had me uncover the body, and started ranting and raving about how she didn't think he was actually dead because the hair on his head was still growing and everything."

Larry said "he would make sure," then took bed rails and a sledgehammer "and pounded them through the body and down into the ground," she said.

Around the same time, she said, the father and daughter drove across the state line to Virginia to apply for a marriage license. They were married March 11, 2019, in Tazewell County, Va..

"They took me and said I needed to act like a happy witness," said Choudhary.

In a criminal complaint, West Virginia State Police allege that Larry and Amanda had sexual intercourse at the Skygusty home.

On "the very night they were married," Choudhary said, McGuire's body was uncovered again, dismembered, then reburied in two separate places because Larry wanted to landscape the property for sale and didn't want the remains to be found.

Choudhary said she was eventually able to get away to North Carolina, and was there when she heard her father had been arrested.

Larry, who was a registered sex offender, confessed his role in McGuire's murder in a letter obtained by authorities. "I just want it over," the letter said. "NO TRIAL. NO TAXPAYERS MONEY SPENT FOR A TRIAL. It is hard for the state of WV to fight against itself because I plead guilty/no contest. Thank you for your time on this matter." It was signed, "Larry Paul McClure Sr."

Choudhary was scheduled to go to trial next month. Her guilty plea to second-degree murder carries a prison term of up to 40 years.

"When you strangled John, you knew at the time that was wrong?," McDowell County Circuit Court Judge Ed Kornish asked Choudhary during her plea hearing, which was conducted by teleconference, reports the Daily Telegraph.

"Yes, your honor," she answered. "But look at my other options. I didn't feel that I had a choice."
    Holy shit.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This probably belongs here in addition to cross post in burning thread. https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/us/ca...nvs/index.html

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Certainly not excusing shooting but shoveling your snow onto your neighbor's property is not cool. Says the guy whose neighbor built a property line to property line parking pad for his STR that backs right up to the back of his house, meaning the snow gets blown onto my property and the other neighbor's property. Spent an hour digging out the path I had just dug out the day before so I can walk up to the road to walk my dog. Only had to clear 10 ft of the path but 5 feet deep and the stuff was as hard as avy debris. So my neighbor is definitely a POS human being. (He got fined for illegally renting when STR's were shut down--but still made a profit.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Certainly not worth dying over but shoveling your snow onto your neighbor's property is not cool. Says the guy whose neighbor built a property line to property line parking pad for his STR that backs right up to the back of his house, meaning the snow gets blown onto my property and the other neighbor's property. Spent an hour digging out the path I had just dug out the day before so I can walk up to the road to walk my dog. Only had to clear 10 ft of the path but 5 feet deep and the stuff was as hard as avy debris. So my neighbor is definitely a POS human being. (He got fined for illegally renting when STR's were shut down--but still made a profit.)
    Good fences make good neighbors, eh goat?

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Good fences make good neighbors, eh goat?
    Indeed. Unfortunately I can't build one high enough to keep them from blowing snow over it.

Indeed. Unfortunately I can't build one high enough to keep them from blowing snow over it.
    Build the wall!! Build the wall!!! And make him pay for it!!

So my neighbor is definitely a POS human being.
    I'm glad to hear this assessment. I believe I have a solid enemy somewhere in town from something similar: the parking lot across the street has a driveway that faces our yard and the goons with the contract to clear it make it their practice to clear the driveway by pushing the snow across the street so they can leave it in our yard. Definite POS humans.

I came home to witness this a couple years ago and had many loud and unfriendly words with the operator of their front loader. They stopped. But then this fall they put orange markers all over the parking lot to protect the curbing when the snow fell. And they must have had a couple extras because they left two standing in our yard! I almost admire the balls.

But the really curious thing to me is that they occasionally leave the front loader parked over there. Like they just want to be neighborly and let people borrow it from time to time. Maybe clear a few driveways or rent it out to friends and neighbors. Must've forgot how this all unfolded the last time.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

So they pay a few thousand bucks fine plus the cost of the trip to get the vaccine. Cost of doing business, like my asshole neighbor.

If ever the "c" word applied..............

Marjorie Taylor Greene Antagonizes Democratic Colleague With Anti-Transgender Sign

The congresswoman’s neighbor at the U.S. Capitol is Rep. Marie Newman, whose daughter is transgender.

and no... this is not polyass this is about human decency and dignity neither or which Taylor Greene seem to possess.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

and no... this is not polyass this is about human decency and dignity neither or which Taylor Greene seem to possess.
    Agree that human decency and dignity should be bi partisan objectives. And they will be again some day. Prominent politicians will suffer in the polls for making fun of the disabled, POWs, and Gold Star families.

I think Greene is an idiot and unfit for office and I still dont think her sign is justified, but the full story is that Greene put up the sign in response to her colleague first putting up a trans flag outside her office.

I have no idea why I felt the need to post that, but its been a slow day.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Marjorie Taylor Greene Antagonizes Democratic Colleague With Anti-Transgender Sign

The congresswoman’s neighbor at the U.S. Capitol is Rep. Marie Newman, whose daughter is transgender.

Here ya go KQ:
    https://twitter.com/coreyrforrester/...572423169?s=21

jesus christ imagine even making that sign.

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    I think Greene is an idiot and unfit for office and I still dont think her sign is justified, but the full story is that Greene put up the sign in response to her colleague first putting up a trans flag outside her office.

I have no idea why I felt the need to post that, but its been a slow day.
    That in no way justifies anything.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Seems like there are so many to choose from these days. Add these two rising stars to the list:

2 Teen Girls Charged With Murder In Carjacking Death Of Uber Eats Driver
    Last edited by KQ; 03-28-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Meet Matt Gaetz, POS.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...out&li=BBnb7Kz

OK, we already knew he was a POS. But this just confirms it.