Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    some people really hate kids.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    some people really hate kids.
    Taking "get off my lawn" to a new level.
    Meanwhile, woman tries to pass on a 2 lane road, head-ons a car full of teenagers going to school. The woman died, 2 of the teens seriously hurt (one will likely die if she hasn't already).
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article239524073.html

A Mexican environmental activist who fought to protect the wintering grounds of the monarch butterfly has been found dead in the western state of Michoacán, two weeks after he disappeared.

Homero Gómez González, a former logger who managed El Rosario butterfly reserve, vanished on 13 January. His body was found floating in a well on Wednesday, reportedly showing signs of torture.

The motive for his murder remains unknown, but some activists speculated that it could have been related to disputes over illegal logging.

Last week, authorities called in 53 police officers from the surrounding municipalities for questioning.

Paraplegic man in a wheelchair asks a woman not to park in handicapped spot. Her boyfriend follows him into Walmart and throws him out of his wheelchair, breaking his wrist and leaving him unable to care for himself.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ge%2Fstory-ans

People who post pay wall protected articles.

If there were a doG, he'd smit him:

Pastor Flouting Stay-At-Home Order Remains Defiant After Parishioner’s Death

A Louisiana pastor whose church has remained open during the coronavirus pandemic urged his followers to donate their stimulus checks to evangelists like himself ― on the same day one of his elderly parishioners reportedly died due to the virus.

Pastor Tony Spell, who leads Life Tabernacle Church in the suburbs of Baton Rouge, has been openly defying his state’s ban on large public gatherings, drawing hundreds to in-person worship services while insisting that “true Christians do not mind dying.”

Harold Orillion, a 78-year-old member of Life Tabernacle Church, died on Wednesday from complications related to COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, according to several Louisiana news outlets. The local coroner listed Orillion’s cause of death as “acute respiratory distress syndrome, 2nd pneumonia, 2nd COVID-19,” according to a statement obtained by the Daily Beast.

Nevertheless, Spell is insisting that Orillion’s death was not related to COVID-19.

“He died of a broken heart,” Spell told local NBC affiliate WVLA-TV on Thursday. “Harold’s son died last week,” he said, adding that Orillion had Parkinson’s disease.

“Harold did not have Coronavirus, he was never on [a] ventilator, he did not have Covid-19,” the pastor said.

A lawyer hired to represent Life Tabernacle Church in its fight to ignore Louisiana’s stay-at-home order has also fallen ill from the virus and has been hospitalized since Tuesday, according to local newspaper The Advocate.

It’s not clear where exactly these two men contracted the coronavirus.

On the day of Orillion’s death, Spell posted a video to his YouTube page encouraging viewers to get involved in a “stimulus challenge.” He asked people to donate the relief checks they’re receiving from the federal government as part of the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package. Spell suggested donating the money to evangelists, missionaries and music ministers who “haven’t had an offering in a month.”

The pastor said he is donating his entire stimulus check of $1,200 and his wife is doing the same. His son is also donating his check of $600, the pastor said.

“If you don’t have a church, give through my website,” he added before spelling out that website address in the video.

Spell declined to answer HuffPost’s questions about Orillion’s death and about the stimulus challenge, telling this reporter in an email, “If you really want to know come see in person.”

Spell is part of the Oneness Pentecostal tradition. Like some other Pentecostal and Charismatic Christians, Oneness Pentecostals tend to believe that a faithful giving of tithes will result in increased financial blessings, according to Lloyd Barba, a scholar of Pentecostalism at Amherst College.

Although Oneness Pentecostals would spurn the label, Barba explained, this belief aligns closely with the “prosperity gospel” ― which proposes that God grants health and wealth to those who are faithful in just the right way.

“Given Pentecostal ideas about giving, there is no doubt that Spell and others would believe that giving either some or all of the stimulus money would result in a blessing back from God,” Barba said.

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) issued a stay-at-home order on March 22 directing all residents to leave their homes only for essential needs. Houses of worship are not on the state’s list of essential infrastructure.

Local police charged Spell on March 31 with several misdemeanors for defying Edwards’ orders. But Spell pledged to continue holding services.

Barba noted that Spell’s approach to the pandemic is an exception among Oneness Pentecostal denominations, most of which have published statements about heeding the government’s directives. Still, that doesn’t mean he hasn’t received support from his fellow Oneness Pentecostal pastors watching from the sidelines.

“They themselves have not nor will not risk the course of action that Spell has taken, but they indeed admire that he has taken a stance in the name of religious freedom,” Barba said.

In an interview with TMZ last week, Spell was asked to hypothesize about what he would say if one of his parishioners eventually died of COVID-19.

“I have to say that they died like free people, fighting for their convictions,” he responded.

Spell told WVLA-TV that he planned to move forward with Sunday services this weekend.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I am working daily during this, you would think that since the traffic is 25% of what is was 2 months ago; that people would have plenty of time to stop at stoplights and be reasonable on the freeway; it's like mad max out there.

I have seen more run lights, blow thru red lights on right turns because the are not expecting anyone on the roads and more hitting 20 over the limit than I can remember.

I do hope everything reopens and some civility sets in.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Here it’s been the opposite. Everyone seems chill, overly polite at stop signs etc

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Here it’s been the opposite. Everyone seems chill, overly polite at stop signs etc
    Well waddya expect in a retirement community????

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Well waddya expect in a retirement community????
    I think it has more to do with mtn biking and skiing access from your back door. And not being in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    ....... And not being in Texas.
    So you DO live in Florida - I thought so!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ntia-1.5542763

Vancouver police say numerous tips from the public have helped investigators identify the suspect in what appears to have been a racially motivated assault at an East Vancouver convenience store last month.

Police put out a call for help Wednesday and released a video of the March 13 incident.

At a news conference Thursday, Const. Tania Visintin said releasing the suspect's image to the public even before charges have been brought forward is just one aspect of an investigation.

"There are many pieces to the puzzle, including interviewing witnesses and suspects. We are so grateful for the help the community has given us," said Visintin.

The in-store surveillance video captured at a convenience store near Nanaimo Street and East 1st Avenue shows a white male who appears to be yelling at a 92-year-old Asian man, who police said has dementia.

In a press release Wednesday, the VPD said the suspect in the attack was yelling racist comments about COVID-19.

The suspect allegedly shoved the elderly man out of the store, which caused him to fall to the ground outside and hit his head.

In the surveillance video released by police, the suspect appears to help the elderly man sit up. But police say the suspect left before they arrived.

Visintin also said the suspect has had previous "dealings" with police, but did not provide any details.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

wcax.com/content/news/Driver-arrested-after-woman-struck-by-car-in-Highgate

HIGHGATE, Vt. (WCAX) Police say a Colchester man hit a woman walking her dog in Highgate and then took off.

It happened Thursday at about 9:20 a.m. at the intersection of Durkee and Hannah roads.

Police say the driver hit Wendy Lambert, 57, of Highgate, and her dog, and then drove around a house and took off. Lambert's husband was the one who found her.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ntia-1.5542763

Vancouver police say numerous tips from the public have helped investigators identify the suspect in what appears to have been a racially motivated assault at an East Vancouver convenience store last month.

Police put out a call for help Wednesday and released a video of the March 13 incident.

At a news conference Thursday, Const. Tania Visintin said releasing the suspect's image to the public even before charges have been brought forward is just one aspect of an investigation.

"There are many pieces to the puzzle, including interviewing witnesses and suspects. We are so grateful for the help the community has given us," said Visintin.

The in-store surveillance video captured at a convenience store near Nanaimo Street and East 1st Avenue shows a white male who appears to be yelling at a 92-year-old Asian man, who police said has dementia.

In a press release Wednesday, the VPD said the suspect in the attack was yelling racist comments about COVID-19.

The suspect allegedly shoved the elderly man out of the store, which caused him to fall to the ground outside and hit his head.

In the surveillance video released by police, the suspect appears to help the elderly man sit up. But police say the suspect left before they arrived.

Visintin also said the suspect has had previous "dealings" with police, but did not provide any details.
    I guess the Sikhs can breathe easy for a while.

It would appear we've got an up and coming Jeffery Dahmer in Tri-Cities. Sick and horribly sad.

Police say 7 cats now found sliced in half in Kennewick
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Are there any wanton waste laws in that state?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Are there any wanton waste laws in that state?
    We have cruelty to animals laws and injurying/concealing pets so I think we're covered but yeah there are wildlife wasting laws too. I'm thinking this person is going to get the full weight of the law thrust upon him or her when they are finally caught.

https://bikeportland.org/2020/06/20/...on-ride-317387
    someone without plates drove into protestors (was the lack of plates purposeful? dunno...seems like a POS move tho)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashcam owner
    “There was a large group of cyclists riding around town for a protest. They had a few cyclists block off roads so cars wouldn’t be driving down the same route. I was detoured this way.
    When I turned on a side street to try to bypass the cyclists’ route, I saw a group of cyclists riding down 15th and then the Ford Escape coming up north and running into some of them. Group of cyclists tried to stop the driver, but he kept going, running over some bikes, hitting other people, and then driving off.”

Set up their own motocross course in a National Park, what could be wrong with that?

https://www.facebook.com/13025029365...16446361/?vh=e

https://www.nps.gov/grte/learn/news/...-hay-field.htm

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Seems like a good buffalo goring is in order.

Someone stole a fire commander's wallet from his work truck and drained his bank account while he was fighting the CZU fire.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-w...bignews_latest

I know... I know... POS people have always been with us but unfortunately the Internet gives them a stage now:

'You'll join your dead son soon': US Open line judge who was struck by ball hit by Novak Djokovic is bombarded with abusive messages and death threats on Instagram by trolls mocking her son's death in cycling accident

The US Open line judge hit in the throat with a ball by Novak Djokovic has been subjected to vile online abuse after fans of the world No 1 discovered her Instagram account.

Laura Clark, from Owensboro, Kentucky, was catapulted into the spotlight on Sunday night after Djokovic inadvertently hit her with a stray tennis ball, resulting in him being disqualified from the US Open.

Clark went down instantly, seemingly in considerable pain, before Djokovic came to check whether she was okay before the match was defaulted and the Serbian kicked out of the tournament.

Fans of the world No 1 were quick to take to social media, finding Clark's public profile and sending thousands of hate-filled messages, including death threats.

In one post, which was dedicated to her late son, a user wrote: 'Don't worry, you'll join him soon' while another posted: 'hahahahahahahaha YEEEEES, YEEEEEEEES.'

Clark's son Josh died in 2008 from a bicycle accident at the age of just 25.

Almost every post on Clark's Instagram account - going as far back as her first picture in September 2011 - has been spammed with comments from Djokovic's fans, with many calling her 'sick' and an 'alcoholic'.

Clark promotes a wine company in a series of different posts on her social media profiles, and one user wrote: 'You can drink litres of alcohol but cannot survive small tennis ball?? Bad acting. Shameless.'

Clark is a tennis lover and has worked her way up from junior and college tournaments to officiate at the sport's showpiece events such as the US Open and Davis Cup.

In the aftermath of the incident, Djokovic posted a grovelling apology on his social media, which read: 'This whole situation has left me really sad and empty. I checked on the lines person and the tournament told me that thank God she is feeling ok.

'I'm extremely sorry to have caused her such stress. So unintended. So wrong. I'm not disclosing her name to respect her privacy. As for the disqualification, I need to go back within and work on my disappointment and turn this all into a lesson for my growth and evolution as a player and human being.

'I apologise to the US Open tournament and everyone associated for my behaviour. I'm very grateful to my team and family for being my rock support, and my fans for always being there with me. Thank you and I'm so sorry.'

POS Human Beings

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    and again... when are these chedder heads going to stop with this nonsense?
    Added this to our growing lists of idiots in the gender reveal thread. WTF is with people?

I know... I know... POS people have always been with us but unfortunately the Internet gives them a stage now:

You ok kumquat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Needles View Post

You ok kumquat?
    so you are the alias of someone who has been here since Powder mag days. Hmmmmmmmmm..............