Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Crying just thinking about those who are alone and isolated and the heartless people who walk this earth.

Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for "Grandma" in need of family for Christmas

TULSA– A post on Craigslist is pulling at heartstrings, titled, “Anybody need a grandma for Christmas?”

The listing comes from a Tulsa woman in despair, who claimed she has no family and would really like to be a part of one this holiday.

But, as social media would have it, the post has since been deleted when the woman received hateful messages. However, that hate is fueling a love-filled search to find the woman and make her Christmas one to remember.

It all started Wednesday evening when Carson Carlock was scouring the internet.

“I go through the free part of Craigslist pretty often just looking for stuff because sometimes people give away stuff for free,” Carson said.

The latest ad to flash across his screen, wasn’t something for sale.

“I saw that post, and I was like, ‘You know that’s really sad.’”

The post was titled, “Anybody need a grandma for Christmas?” It goes on to say, “I cook, and I’ll cook dinner and even bring gifts for the kids. I just don’t want to be alone because it hurts.”

The ad ends with “Let me be a part of your family.”

It was a plea that tore at Carson’s heart, reminding him of his own mother.

“That really broke my heart reading that because my mom was alone on her last Christmas.”

It’s a thought still haunting Carson today. His mother, Gail, was diagnosed with stage four cancer last year.

“She went to church a lot,” Carson said. “She loved her grandkids.”

Gail fell ill quickly, making her unable to travel from Oklahoma City to Tulsa for the holidays. Carson tried to travel to his mom, but car troubles prevented him from making the trip.

“It was really not a good feeling just knowing, hearing her on the phone, and she’s like ‘I’m all alone.’”

It’s a conversation Carson won’t soon forget. His mother died last year and her memory is one he hopes to keep alive.

“She would want me to be the kind of person to do this for other people.”

A unique Craigslist ad, “Grandma for Christmas,” seemed like the perfect opportunity to honor Carson’s late mother and spread a little holiday cheer. However, before he could reach out, he saw the post marred with hate.

“A lot of people started sending her hateful messages” Carson said. “I understand that everybody can be wary about it because there’s a lot of bad things happening in the world right now.”

Posts accused the “grandma” of having ill-intent, using the ad to take advantage of the families willing to welcome her into their home. The woman, claiming she just wanted to be a part of a family, posted an update after the negative feedback. She thanked everyone for the “extra shot of pain.” The post was then deleted.

Carson decided to act.

“I don’t want anyone else to feel that way,” he said.

Carson made his own Craigslist ad, asking the “grandma needing a family,” to reach out so he could help her have a wonderful Christmas.

“I posted it, and it kind of went viral,” he said.

Two-thousand people shared the post overnight on Facebook. Thousands of people across the country came to the “grandma’s” defense, ready to welcome her into their home.

“I just want you to know that you aren’t alone,” Carson said. “If you find yourself wanting to be a part of a family on Christmas, just reach out.”

Carson said he did get in contact with the “grandma” through email, her name is Carrie. However, because of all the negative feedback she is hesitant to reach out to anyone about joining them for Christmas.

The search for Carrie continues.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

the nutsack that siphoned gas outta my tank yesterday while I was out on the sampling grid in a snowstorm. yeah, POS. I suspect it has to do with the ‘yota out here in the Flatlands being one of about three that I have seen in a week in these here Heartland parts

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Yep, why would people post those photos?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Holy shit heads

https://people.com/crime/horses-shot...ural-kentucky/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Des Moines IA woman runs over 14 YO girl because "she looked like a Mexican"
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50875037

Nicole Marie Poole Franklin was arrested

"Franklin told investigators that she ran the girl over because she was, in her words, 'a Mexican'," Chief Venema said. "She went on to make a number of derogatory statements about Latinos to our investigators."

The 42-year-old was already being held in a jail over a separate assault allegedly committed the same day, police said.
    Told Ms TBS, the culprit should be run over by a car. I would be happy to be the driver.

She said "That's too Old Testament. Instead, fine her an amount equal to the college education of five Hispanic women"
    She is wise...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Des Moines IA woman runs over 14 YO girl because "she looked like a Mexican"
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50875037

Nicole Marie Poole Franklin was arrested

Told Ms TBS, the culprit should be run over by a car. I would be happy to be the driver.

She said "That's too Old Testament. Instead, fine her an amount equal to the college education of five Hispanic women"
    She is wise...
    Driver was intoxicated at the time. Moves it from POS Human Beings to POS Drunks, IMO.

^^^Reports say that wasn’t her first assault of the day...
    In vino veritas eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^Reports say that wasn’t her first assault of the day...
    In vino veritas eh?
    In vino vatanass

This story coming out of Rexburg is going to be a movie someday: https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/lori-vallow/

-Two kids missing since September
    -Mother is on the run with the guy she married in November just weeks after the mysterious death of his wife at 49.
    -Mother's first husband died young (no age given, but she's 46) of an apparent heart attack--body was cremated. Second husband was shot and killed by her brother in July, who himself subsequently died of unknown causes on Dec. 12.
    -Both members of a Mormon-offshoot doomsday cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This story coming out of Rexburg is going to be a movie someday: https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/lori-vallow/

-Two kids missing since September
    -Mother is on the run with the guy she married in November just weeks after the mysterious death of his wife at 49.
    -Mother's first husband died young (no age given, but she's 46) of an apparent heart attack--body was cremated. Second husband was shot and killed by her brother in July, who himself subsequently died of unknown causes on Dec. 12.
    -Both members of a Mormon-offshoot doomsday cult.
    They got the doomsday part right.

what kind of pos shoots two kids, 12 & 13, who threw some snowballs at their car? man, if my old mailman had a gun....

Hey, if you didn't embed rocks or batteries in your snow balls, you were just a poser.

Here's one. At his wife's urging, man confesses to the church of "inappropriate conduct" with a minor. Church rightfully reports it to police and man is arrested and convicted of sodomy, sexual abuse, etc. Wife sues the church for turning him over citing "privilege" between church and members, quoting scripture and claiming $millions for loss of companionship, society, love, income. Umm, how about the girl he abused?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...cid=spartandhp

That article leaves out the best (worst) part--the victim was his own daughter:

"In addition to herself, the woman also listed four of her children as plaintiffs, saying they all have been deprived of her husband’s “companionship, society, love, affection” and financial support. Not listed is the couple’s fifth child, who was molested by her father over four years when she was a pre-teen and teenager, according to criminal case records."

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020...onfession.html

15 year old boy loses his mother to illness and father to suicide, moves in with his grandparents in a senior community. HOA orders the grandparents to make other arrangements for the boy because the rules forbid anyone under 19 from living there.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...dparents-home/

Family builds a very classy playground on their 1-acre lot for their son who has a terminal genetic disease. Their neighbors think it's an eyesore and are suing them: https://www.khou.com/article/news/ge...8-73717a9c6896

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Family builds a very classy playground on their 1-acre lot for their son who has a terminal genetic disease. Their neighbors think it's an eyesore and are suing them: https://www.khou.com/article/news/ge...8-73717a9c6896
    HOA. Explains everything. There's something about HOA's that can turn otherwise normal people into total POS (like Audis).

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    HOA. Explains everything. There's something about HOA's that can turn otherwise normal people into total POS (like Audis).
    HOA doesnt seem to be the issue here, just shithead neighbors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/u...gtype=Homepage

Kids ring the guy's doorbell and run. He chases their car, runs them off the road, and kills 3.

‘Doorbell Ditch’ Prank Led to Crash That Killed 3 Teens, Officials Say

Prosecutors said that a Southern California man intentionally rammed into a car full of teenagers after they tricked him.

A Southern California driver intentionally rammed a Toyota Prius with six teenage boys inside, killing three and injuring the others, before fleeing, the authorities said.
    A Southern California driver intentionally rammed a Toyota Prius with six teenage boys inside, killing three and injuring the others, before fleeing, the authorities said.

Credit...Watchara Phomicinda/The Orange County Register, via Associated Press
    By Aimee Ortiz
    Published Jan. 24, 2020
    Updated Jan. 25, 2020, 9:32 a.m. ET
    A man who the authorities contend deliberately crashed his car into another one on a Southern California road last Sunday, killing three of the six teenagers inside, did so because the group had played a so-called doorbell ditch prank on him, prosecutors said this week.

The man, Anurag Chandra, 42, faces several murder charges for his role in the Temescal Canyon Road crash, which the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office said on Thursday occurred because of the prank.

In a doorbell ditch, also commonly known as a ding-dong-ditch, a person rings a doorbell and tries to run away before anyone opens the door.

After one of the boys had been dared, all six teenagers drove to a nearby home on Mojeska Summit Road in Corona, about 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles, the district attorney’s office said, citing the California Highway Patrol’s investigation. The boy rang the doorbell and returned to the 2002 Prius that they were riding in, and the group took off.

But Mr. Chandra, who lives at the home, chased after them in his 2019 Infiniti Q50, prosecutors said. His car rammed into the back of the Prius, “causing it to veer off the road and into a tree,” prosecutors said.

Anurag Chandra
    Anurag Chandra
    Credit...Riverside County Sheriff's Department, via Associated Press
    Daniel Hawkins, Jacob Ivascu and Drake Ruiz, all 16-year-old passengers, were killed in the crash, prosecutors said. The 18-year-old driver and two other boys, ages 13 and 14, were injured but survived.

“The circumstances in this case are unusual,” John Hall, a spokesman with the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office, said in an email on Friday night. “Based on the evidence in this case, the response and actions taken by the defendant are egregious and extremely disproportionate to a teen ringing a doorbell and running away.”

Mr. Chandra was scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday, but “it was continued at the request of the defense,” Mr. Hall said. A new arraignment has been scheduled for Feb. 21, he said.

Mr. Chandra “is being held on no bail because this is a potential death penalty case,” Mr. Hall said. “That is because we have alleged a special circumstance allegation of multiple murders, making him eligible for the death penalty.”

District Attorney Mike Hestrin of Riverside County will decide whether to seek the death penalty at a later date, he said.

Phone calls and messages to numbers listed for Mr. Chandra were not immediately returned on Friday night. Calls and messages on Friday to the public defender’s office, which represented him in court on Thursday, were not immediately returned.

Incel rage? ^^^^

Someone vvv needs to be stabbed in the neck

Mama-dog-found-on-side-of-road-pulling-crate-filled-with-her-puppies
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime