Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

POS Human Beings

A firefighter in the Gorge just had his Jeep stolen! He got the bad news while fighting the Eagle Creek Wildfire, it was stolen from the Kalama fire station. This is a picture of the Jeep, but he says it now as no top and Washington plates - BGP9355. Please keep an eye out.

https://www.facebook.com/katunews/ph...type=3&theater

This truck was also stolen from Cowlitz County Fire's Kalama station. It is a 2016 Ford, F-350, crew cab pick up. License plate number - Exempt B4406C. If you see this vehicle please contact the Cowlitz County Sheriff's office.

https://www.facebook.com/katunews/ph...type=3&theater
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Sad that they need guards to protect them and their gear/possessions while they work and sleep.
    watch out for snakes

This certainly qualifies. 15 y.o. girl abducted and imprisoned for 29 days where she was repeatedly raped and nearly killed multiple times.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.42d989cb69c6

I def had tears of joy when I heard that story that she escaped. so fucked up. so happy they will be held responsible
    skid luxury

that story is horrific.

Yeah, on the POS human beings scale, car thieves don't really rate.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Agreed, but the car thieves are also probably the ones that set the fires.

here's a good- er bad one
    https://www.someecards.com/love/so-t...maid-of-honor/
    My 27-year-old daughter and her best friend, Katie, have been best friends since they were 4. Katie practically grew up in our house and is like a daughter to me. My daughter recently got engaged to her fiancé and announced that Katie would be the maid of honor (Katie’s boyfriend is also a good friend of my future son-in-law). The problem is that Katie walks with a pretty severe limp due to a birth defect (not an underlying medical issue). She has no problem wearing high heels and has already been fitted for the dress, but I still think it will look unsightly if she’s in the wedding procession limping ahead of my daughter. I mentioned this to my daughter and suggested that maybe Katie could take video or hand out programs (while sitting) so she doesn’t ruin the aesthetic aspect of the wedding. My daughter is no longer speaking to me (we were never that close), but this is her big wedding and I want it to be perfect. All of the other bridesmaids will look gorgeous walking down the aisle with my daughter. Is it wrong to have her friend sit out?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    here's a good- er bad one
    https://www.someecards.com/love/so-t...maid-of-honor/
    My 27-year-old daughter and her best friend, Katie, have been best friends since they were 4. Katie practically grew up in our house and is like a daughter to me. My daughter recently got engaged to her fiancé and announced that Katie would be the maid of honor (Katie’s boyfriend is also a good friend of my future son-in-law). The problem is that Katie walks with a pretty severe limp due to a birth defect (not an underlying medical issue). She has no problem wearing high heels and has already been fitted for the dress, but I still think it will look unsightly if she’s in the wedding procession limping ahead of my daughter. I mentioned this to my daughter and suggested that maybe Katie could take video or hand out programs (while sitting) so she doesn’t ruin the aesthetic aspect of the wedding. My daughter is no longer speaking to me (we were never that close), but this is her big wedding and I want it to be perfect. All of the other bridesmaids will look gorgeous walking down the aisle with my daughter. Is it wrong to have her friend sit out?
    For real? How did this mom manage to raise a child who could do the right thing?

thot the same thing when I read "my daughter is no longer talking to me because of this"
    good for her
    hope this bee-otch mother breaks a hip
    skid luxury

^^ Author coulda been the dad.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

She is like a daughter to me. But I can't stand the way she limps.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    My daughter is no longer speaking to me (we were never that close)
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    ^^ Author coulda been the dad.
    it said bride's mom on article but without seeing that yes we shouldn't assume
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    lmao
    Right?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Yet I still want to neck punch them.

Our local non profit mtb trail association had some valuable equipment stolen from a locked shed recently. Shitheads.

Someone in Oregon pretending to be a fire official tells people to evacuate so he can loot their place:
    http://www.statesmanjournal.com/stor...ass/634384001/

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Someone in Oregon pretending to be a fire official tells people to evacuate so he can loot their place:
    http://www.statesmanjournal.com/stor...ass/634384001/
    Somewhat similar thing is happening in the small town in northern Wisconsin where I grew up. Meth-heads watch the obituaries in the weekly paper, then break into the survivors homes during the funeral.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Somewhat similar thing is happening in the small town in northern Wisconsin where I grew up. Meth-heads watch the obituaries in the weekly paper, then break into the survivors homes during the funeral.
    That's a common thing. Always leave someone at the house during a funeral. Sad but you gotta do it. Some places the cops will do it for you, they'll put a cruiser there until someone gets back.

These guys are part of the State Fire Marshall's call out under the Conflagration Act. They come from across the state to augment the local FD's effort to protect structures. We had 35 different engine companies here in Sisters at hottest part of Milli fire. Grateful doesn't begin to describe their presence

They will get reimbursed by the state but I too would be happy to throat punch the perps

watch out for snakes

Perhaps POS people help us appreciate the good ones
    Buddhist believe people like that are weak and do things out of fear but IME some people are just down right garbage.
    I still try to remind myself to look for the good in people but it tests my ability to forgive. It's exhausting and it taxes my patience. I know I'm suppose to forgive but it getting harder to stick to my beliefs.
    Lord Buddha forgive me.

Pumpkins meant for charity stolen from local farm

ATHOL, Idaho --- Thirty pumpkins were stolen from Gingerberry Farm in the last week before they could be donated to children in the community.

Gingerberry Farm posted on Facebook Wednesday that 30 pumpkins had been stolen from them.

The farm usually raises poultry, sells plant starts and makes vegetable soaps, but for October they grow pumpkins for a good cause. The farm holds an annual festival called the “Pumpkin Hacker,” and it is on October 14 this year.

They grow pumpkins to give out to all the local kids that come, they also supply carving supplies and other pumpkin decorations to the children.

One of the owners of the farm, Dannelle Lytle, said they have been doing the festival for about five years. Lytle said it is completely out of pocket for them to throw this small community festival, but they love doing it.

This year the farm grew 338 pumpkins for all the people who signed up for the festival. When Lytle was moving them to a storage area on Wednesday, she noticed there were 30 less pumpkins. Lytle said she noticed it Wednesday but suspects they were stolen sometime in the last week.

The field the pumpkins are grown in is blocked from view from the road by trees and undergrowth. Lytle said it is likely the person who took the pumpkins knew they were there. And if they knew they were there, they must have known what they were there for.

“It’s just so disappointing to us…. It is a huge out of pocket expense for us, but that isn’t why I’m disappointed. Someone obviously knew what the pumpkins were there for, and they still took them,” said Lytle.

I have a FB friend who stops at a random cornfield every year and loads up on corn to freeze.

Posts "That time of year again, free corn!" or "where is the corn?" when last years field is now wheat or whatever random crop. Same shit for like 5 years.

Absolutely clueless or careless I'm not sure. People like his posts about it and comment positively.