Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    “GOP congressman attends gay son’s wedding days after vote against same-sex marriage protection”

https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/202...rotection.html

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    “GOP congressman attends gay son’s wedding days after vote against same-sex marriage protection”

https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/202...rotection.html
    Whata pos.

I'm not sure garden variety political hypocrisy rises to the POS level. It's expected.

From any GQP cunt, that is for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Heh, the former president and current hopeful felon should add Jones to his crack legal team.

Alex Jones and anybody associated with his show hopefully get sued into the ground.

Hopefully he and his lawyers do some time for contempt at the end of the civil trial.

Alex is not having a good day today. He got to find out on the witness stand his attorney accidentally sent a complete copy of his phone to opposing counsel. Not the best way to find out you've perjured yourself.

Hah, wow, that's glorious.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0487737A-6807-4A00-A741-F169AA9FBFF3.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	392.4 KB 
ID:	422980

I'd rather have dog poop on the bottom of my shoe than the slime that is Alex Jones.

His behavior at the end of today: one of the mother that lost a child comes over to him to give him a bottle of water for his cough (a torn larynx. ..... RLY???) and with in 2 minutes he's yelling at her that she's being manipulated and a shill. They don't make a high enough rating on the odious scale for this ass hole.

Wasn't it deebs who claimed Madow was less credible than Jones?
    I miss deebs ..... how do I fix that?
    Last edited by PB; 08-03-2022 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I'd rather have dog poop on the bottom of my shoe than the slime that is Alex Jones.

His behavior at the end of today: one of the mother that lost a child comes over to him to give him a bottle of water for his cough (a torn larynx. ..... RLY???) and with in 2 minutes he's yelling at her that she's being manipulated and a shill. They don't make a high enough rating on the odious scale for this ass hole.

Wasn't it deebs who claimed Madow was less credible than Jones?
    I miss deebs ..... how do I fix that?
    Rape an old lady and then kill yourself. Then you two will meet up again, some day.

Ceres man stabbed 10 times after sticking up for harried McDonald’s employees

Casey Rich called from his hospital bed in Modesto, a tube in his chest inflating a lung punctured by a DoorDasher’s knife in a Ceres McDonald’s 35 hours before. Suffering with 10 stab wounds and a little hyped on pain medicine, Rich was upset at the newspaper. He thought readers were getting the wrong idea about what brought on the knife attack, because the article’s first sentence explained that the unnamed victim — Rich — had “made an offensive comment” to the assailant’s wife.

Having heard his story on the telephone, and later in person, and having viewed the tussle and stabbing as recorded by Rich’s 13-year-old daughter on a cell phone, I can say this: The Modesto Bee’s report was spot on. Not a word was twisted or misleading, as presented by our reporter relying on information from Ceres police. I can also say that there is more to the story. If you’re not intrigued at blood spattered on the walls of a local restaurant, or the violent defense of a woman’s honor, or the image of sobbing workers trying to stanch a 34-year-old’s wounds with their fast food aprons, feel free to stop reading. Otherwise, Rich’s story might be worth a look. Here it is.

STANDING AGAINST VERBAL ABUSE Returning from jiu-jitsu training in Modesto on Aug. 1, Rich and his daughter stop at the Hatch Road eatery to share a 20-piece McNuggets meal. Inside, a pacing woman grows increasingly agitated that the food she and her husband, who is waiting outside in their car, are expected to deliver for DoorDash isn’t ready. She suggests in a raised voice that her customer’s order should be prioritized. Others waiting become uncomfortable. “I say, `They’re doing the best they can; you don’t have to be rude,’” Rich recalled. When she persists, Rich remarks, “Well, maybe you should get a real job.” I think we can all agree those words were badly chosen and rashly uttered. Reflecting three days later, Rich readily assents.

“I had pure intentions. My flaw was a sassy comment,” he says. “But I’m a foodie. I don’t think she should get a real job because it is a real job.” So is working at McDonald’s. Who among us has not been disappointed at slow fast food? Who hasn’t been handed the wrong item, or a tray or bag missing something we ordered and paid for?

Are we always patient? Do we sometimes raise our voice, demand respect and better treatment? Do we ascribe evil motives? Make a scene? Rich doesn’t like seeing that. Raised in Ceres, he acknowledges a rough upbringing. ADHD and class-clown behavior didn’t help in school, but did help him develop a heart for kids who don’t always fit in. Now he works with special ed students as a paraprofessional, a job demanding unusual patience, and he aspires to be a teacher. He just started a second job at Modesto Junior College’s Great Valley Museum, doing tours for students and families. He volunteers with the PTA, serves on two school committees and coaches basketball at Central Valley High. “I believe in sticking up for people. It’s what I do in education. I believe in sticking up and speaking out,” he said, “because if no one does, it gets worse.”
    But it can get you in trouble.

MADNESS AND MAYHEM
    The offended woman’s husband charged into the restaurant, Rich said, and began throwing punches. Rich’s daughter stepped back and began filming.

The recording shows Rich, who weighs 175 pounds, with his arms about the waist of the much larger man, who seems unable to land blows. Rich gets him in a headlock, then uses a free hand to pull the guy’s wallet from a rear pocket, check for ID and toss it down (which apparently made it easy for police to find and arrest him later). Things seem to settle a bit before the Dasher’s hand goes in another pocket and comes out with a knife.

Rich doesn’t realize that the rapid punches to his torso that follow are really knife thrusts, until he realizes that he’s been stabbed — once each in the shoulder and leg, and eight times in his back and side. One blow breaches ribs, collapsing a lung. Rich goes down, the man runs away and the recording ends.

Rich said he stumbled to the kitchen, where a shocked manager and a younger woman helped to slow the bleeding until an ambulance arrived. Someone called his wife, Angelina, who got there quickly. He told her and his daughter everything was OK, but he had lost a lot of blood and secretly believed he would not make it.

His vision went dark on the ride to Doctors Medical Center, he said. Upon arriving, the doors swung open and he said, “Hold on — did anyone get my chicken nuggets?” Video footage seems to corroborate Rich’s version of defending himself against someone who couldn’t win a fight picked against a smaller man and resorts to a deadly weapon. DoorDash immediately fired Brandon Eugene Sells, the company told our reporter. The 38-year-old faces a charge of attempted murder and remains behind bars with bail set at $705,000. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

One of the stab wounds touches the edge of a tattoo on Rich’s upper back that reads: “Count your blessings, not your stressings.” He chose it, he says, because it’s meaningful and a little off-beat. The jagged wound now is bound with four staples. Rich tells his story to provide context missing from terse police reports, and by extension, from newspaper accounts. But he also has a message, one he admits he’s still learning himself. “We live in a really nasty world,” Rich says. “People are angry. It’s been really tough. To go places and see someone bite someone’s head off and not care about another, it’s gross. “We’re all human. I’ve been a jerk sometimes. We need to remember what community means: We all have to help one another. I know it sounds like hippie s---, but slow down and be appreciative of what you have.”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659915288.872363.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	423316

Read more at: https://www.modbee.com/opinion/garth...#storylink=cpy

Who the hell gets McDonald's delivered?

dude

when I lived in SE Alaska 20 years ago, people in Hoonah would get McDonald’s delivered from Juneau on a plane
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    dude

when I lived in SE Alaska 20 years ago, people in Hoonah would get McDonald’s delivered from Juneau on a plane
    Must have been pretty smashed after it hit the ground.

Hunter Moore. This guy is a massive sociopath POS.

Check out "The Most Hated Man on the Internet" on Netflix. It's one hell of a story. 3 episodes.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

dude

What was the delivery charge?
    It’s like 50 miles or so IIRC, so like 90 min door- door?

I think they just had a standard delivery charge because there were scheduled flights every day

did you ever live in Hoonahlulu?

In 2015, members of the Boston public school system were shocked to learn that Shaun Harrison, a high school dean and youth minister who was fondly known as the “Rev,” had shot a student in the back of his head, after recruiting him into a gang to sell drugs.

On Tuesday, the 63-year-old former educator pleaded guilty to federal racketeering charges. He faces up to 218 months — more than 18 years — in prison, the U.S. attorney’s office in Massachusetts said. His sentencing will be on Nov. 15. Harrison was already behind bars after being sentenced in 2018 to about 25 years in prison for shooting the student.

“He used his position of trust to find victims and groom them,” said Rachael S. Rollins, a federal prosecutor whose office oversaw the case. “It is truly disgusting.” Harrison lived a double life, authorities said. In public, he portrayed himself as an anti-violence advocate and a mentor to at-risk teens, as a dean at Boston’s English High School. In reality, he was a member of the Latin Kings gang, using his position to recruit teens to sell drugs, prosecutors said.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...in-kings-gang/
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I think they just had a standard delivery charge because there were scheduled flights every day

did you ever live in Hoonahlulu?
    No, just visited several times.

I lived there for 6-8 months then moved to Juneau

Fishing?

I was in Haines, and in logging camps between Angoon & Cube Cove

Forest Service