Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Soft snow friendly compared to old school skis..

But NOT soft snow orientated compared to an On3p Wren.

Correct?
    Yeah. Better than old school but you better know what you're doing on them, especially in tight trees. They don't float but also don't really sink. They stay neutral and predictable. Really awesome in chopped up dense windbuff or chalk.

It sounds like my Monster 108s. Stay outta the trees, and theyre amazing. They handle bumps very well for their relative beef factor. Do the LP105s handle medium-tight bumps surprisingly well??

Norseman, what is this coastal cheese you talk of? Can you mix it with port wine and have a great cracker dipping snack?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It sounds like my Monster 108s. Stay outta the trees, and theyre amazing. They handle bumps very well for their relative beef factor. Do the LP105s handle medium-tight bumps surprisingly well??

Norseman, what is this coastal cheese you talk of? Can you mix it with port wine and have a great cracker dipping snack?

I would imagine Head used the LP105 as a benchmark when designing the 108.

Mmm, coastal cheese... yeah, tastes pretty good with just about any fixins but I'm partial to the Lot 4 BC Blend.

Goofy tips:

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Mmm, coastal cheese... yeah, tastes pretty good with just about any fixins but I'm partial to the Lot 4 BC Blend.

Goofy tips:

I think you need to post a current quiver pic...

In time. They're spread across my shop and I have to get on the road here in a minute.

I've had the following ('cept the 2nd gen LP)

OG LP's 97mm (2005-2008?) -trad GS build. Solid charger that was capable and confidence inspiring in any snow condition.
    2nd Gen LPs 100mm (2008-2010?). I never had these, but they were claimed to be a "softened" version of its predecessor.
    XXL's 109mm. No camber (maybe 1-2mm), big up turned tip but no real rocker. Will straightline dafuck out of anything but felt really planky and heavy under foot for me, could have been the ski/binder combo. Traded them for LP105s.
    LP105's (2011?-?) 105 mm, modest tip rocker. Stupid easy to ski. Less stable at mach snell than the true fat(ter) GS ski Nobis first designed but incredibly versatile and easy to make directional changes across the fall line. The LP105 prefers a slightly more upright stance- pressuring the tip hard will cause it to fold (me 150lbs on 184's) tho' word was the 192 has |that| much more heft.

Hmm, I may need to see how much ptex/edge is left on my 105s.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I think you need to post a current quiver pic...
    Posted in the quiver thread.

I have a pair of Salomon Q lab 190cm (109mm underfoot) that I am selling. Seems to fit the bill for what you are looking for.

A pair of LP105s were discovered and will be on their way to Wyoming this week. So I'm good. Thanks though!!

I need a lightweight pair of 100-110mm, around 190cm, touring skis then I'm seriously done with buying skis for this year, and maybe next because I sort of went bonkers this summer. Probably see if I can talk my way into a pro deal for 192 Zero G 108s or something similar.

If anyone has another set of LP105s in the 184 or 192 length in the either the orange/white vintage or the new black/orange, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    A pair of LP105s were discovered and will be on their way to Wyoming this week. So I'm good. Thanks though!!

I need a lightweight pair of 100-110mm, around 190cm, touring skis then I'm seriously done with buying skis for this year, and maybe next because I sort of went bonkers this summer. Probably see if I can talk my way into a pro deal for 192 Zero G 108s or something similar.
    You are SO NOT DONE buying skis...it's a virus within you that will not leave and cannot be killed. That said I had some of the longer XXL's ( 191's) ? when they came out for AK use. I thought they did two things really well...go straight and make little tiny turns. Big arcing mid range turns were impossible for me. It was a strange combination of traits for sure. I have a pair of Head Rev 105's that you may really like...you can try em and keep em for a few apre- beverages if you like em (unless I decide to hit up AK this year ). See you in a couple months Junky.

Trading skis for a 6/12/30 pack is bartering, not buying skis. What's your apre-beverage of choice? Haha. I've never been on Head skis, but I'm curious!

And you are right, I'm a junky. I'll be downloading the Backcountry buyer guide tomorrow when we get to Australia. But seriously, I counted 15 or 16 pairs (if we include the ON3Ps, LP105s and 2 or 3rd pair of 193 Shiros I haven't paid for buy agreed to buy).

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, but what if you don't want to fix the problem?

Yes I'm a junky, a very proud junky! See you in a few months

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I've had the following ('cept the 2nd gen LP)

XXL's 109mm. No camber (maybe 1-2mm), big up turned tip but no real rocker. Will straightline dafuck out of anything but felt really planky and heavy under foot for me, could have been the ski/binder combo. Traded them for LP105s.
    I just measured the camber on my 187 XXL's (bases together) and they are just under an inch apart. I'd call that more than "no camber". Mine only have 6 days on them, maybe the ones you tried were worn out? I spend too much time in the trees these days so I never ski them but they do rock. So smooth and confidence inspiring and enough energy that carving the big skis is even fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170912_160210.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	900.9 KB 
ID:	211983

Just been offered a pair of minty (skied twice) 2017 Pro Rider with P18s for $650. In NZ, no less. So so tempted...

For sure grab em'.. Skis like this are hard to come by.

I just found some 191 Katanas I am going to snatch up. They are almost extinct.

For sure grab em'.. Skis like this are hard to come by.

I just found some 191 Katanas I am going to snatch up. They are almost extinct.

Dude, you need to pump the brakes on the ski hoarding.

WTB Dynastar Pro Rider/LP105 OR 191cm Head Monster 108

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Dude, you need to pump the brakes on the ski hoarding.
    Hahah. Crank that shit uppp

I meant TWO pairs of Katanas, not just one pair..

They are used though, good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Just been offered a pair of minty (skied twice) 2017 Pro Rider with P18s for $650. In NZ, no less. So so tempted...
    That sounds like a good find. I love my pair.

I f'ed up and passed on a pair of 196 OG Katanas last winter. I thought they were OP at $500 with bindings. I should of grabbed them. Lesson learned...

Where are all the 198 Katanas??

Where are all the 198 Katanas??

Under lock and key by the lucky few

Aww man. What I would do.

It has been years since I paid attention, but is there a difference between 196 and 198 other than those 2mm? If not, why care? Highly doubt that half inch extra length can make much difference at all.

WTB Dynastar Pro Rider/LP105 OR 191cm Head Monster 108

The 196 measure much shorter than listed, like 192cm, and I believe are significantly softer. Probably not much burlier than the newer 2011-2014 191s

The 198 is an absolute missile.

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 10-07-2017 at 12:52 PM.