Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WTB Dynastar Pro Rider/LP105 OR 191cm Head Monster 108

Time to man up and get crusty old man skis, whose got a pair of either and doesn't quite want to sell them cause they still think they can ski them, but sort of wants to sell them cause they are too much ski?

If the BLS is 305, perfect. Prefer skis not Swiss cheesed with more then 2 mounts, but that's negotiable if I can get my bindings on them.

What do you guys have?

Theres one on ebay for $1000 bucks. Normally I wouldnt post ebay ads, but I dont think you guys are paying this much.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Good luck on your search for 105s, they are rare. If you find some hidden stash of 184s and 192s, let me know, I would like to buy at least 1 more pair of each.

Already found a hidden stash and he asked for me not to tell where they are. I'll post pictures when I get them

$1000 on eBay? Are they listed next to the $3200 Spats?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Already found a hidden stash and he asked for me not to tell where they are. I'll post pictures when I get them

$1000 on eBay? Are they listed next to the $3200 Spats?
    but but but... I was the one who gave you the idea in the first place? help a brother out?

He is lurking and reached out in Pm. If he wants to help you out, he will make himself known.

I think those Legend Pros on eBay sold already. The ones that were $1000 with Beast 16s? I checked them out this morning and they are gone already. Someone must of did the buy it now feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    but but but... I was the one who gave you the idea in the first place? help a brother out?
    Save your money, put it all together with the other money you want to spend on Billy Goats, and get a new pair of 189 BGs?

He is lurking and reached out in Pm. If he wants to help you out, he will make himself known.

I think those Legend Pros on eBay sold already. The ones that were $1000 with Beast 16s? I checked them out this morning and they are gone already. Someone must of did the buy it now feature.
    Are they the latest gen? (Black/Orange)

I messaged him saying if he splits them, Id buy them. Maybe hes splitting them and redoing the ad..

Either of you can hop on that before me, I dont need that ski. Well, thats what Im trying to tell myself atleast

LWS, yes they are the latest gen. Last years.

I messaged him and asked him if he would group the 193 Shiros and Pro Riders together in a group deal. Guess we all have the same thought. Let's see what he says and go from there? I don't need them, but I'd like them.

I can't justify $750 or $1000 for them, even if they are as good as you say. I can buy a new pair of Cochise, ski them for a season, and sell them before they go soft on me, then repeat next year and only be out $100-150 a pair. That's why I'm looking at the LP105s and M108s. Hopefully they will be what I want and last more then 100 days. I get a season and 1/3 out of a pair of Blizzards before they get too soft for my tastes.

No, they are an older pair. White and brown I believe. I'm waiting on pictures.

Maybe those 191 Wrens from Wren himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Maybe those 191 Wrens from Wren himself?

Are they too close to the 195 +10mm Freerides I ordered a few weeks back? The Freerides are only a 4 stiffness with Enduro carbon core, but I think they will rage.

That is one heck of a deal though

Are they too close to the 195 +10mm Freerides I ordered a few weeks back? The Freerides are only a 4 stiffness with Enduro carbon core, but I think they will rage.

That is one heck of a deal though
    Hmm kinda, but the On3p standard core layup is significantly burlier than Praxis' enduro core. I think On3ps tour layups is on par with the enduro layup, like a #3+ flex but heavier..But that is based off of hand fiddling and weight, not actual time on the praxis skis. This year will be my first year on hill with Praxis.

That being said, I think the 195 +10 Freeride will be money with the Enduro and 4 flex. It'll be very stable, but without being to bulky.

These Wrens are beasts, absolute missiles, without the weight of a Metal ski. I use HEAD Monster 108s (the 191s are actually 110 underfoot) on firmer days, and the 191 wren on softer days. Both charge equally as hard, just designed for different conditions.

These skis are the type of skis that are truly worth overlapping. They are rare

Stop feeding the addict crack

When do the lifts open so we can get back to what's important? Making sure all the pow inbounds is trashed before 10

Lol. That doesnt happen in Big Sky. Not yet anyways. I am crossin' my fingers for this season. Maybe 5-10 years from now it'll get skied out before noon on pow days.

I've heard of this mythical place called Big Sky where the powder lasts all day. A few buddies made trips up last winter and came back with stories of powder lasting past 10am. I'm skeptical, but I will make a pilgrimage for BSBBI18 (or what ever Bobby and Norseman is call our excuse to get together and make terrible decisions).

If they are running early boxes, powder in Jackson lasts for an hour after the tram opens. If they are not running early boxes, it lasts a little longer, but not much. Only time we get powder inbounds late in the day is when it's storming white out nasty windy and most everyone is chased inside. That is my favorite conditions and favorite time to ski. The nastier the better. Hide inside my Patagooch and don't lolly gag at the top, once you leave, don't stop until you get to the base.

Storm skiing IS the best inbounds skiing. #freerefills

Agreed on the storm skiing.

Skibrd, get the Wrens just for guest skiing at big sky... you'd stand a fair chance of destroying lesser boards. I'll have my 11/12 191s there, too.

Found this thread after the wren thread. I've got a pair of 186 LP pros. Only ski them occasionally because I usually just stay on my Wrens. Wrens are more fun to ski in more conditions.

The Wrens will replace my Gunsmokes, most likely. I'm still looking for something in the 105-110 range for when the Kastles need to not come out and it's not deep enough for the Wrens/Shiros/+10 Freerides/Protests (?). I might have some overlap between 114 and 120 in my quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Found this thread after the wren thread. I've got a pair of 186 LP pros. Only ski them occasionally because I usually just stay on my Wrens. Wrens are more fun to ski in more conditions.
    The Wrens will replace my Gunsmokes, most likely. I'm still looking for something in the 105-110 range for when the Kastles need to not come out and it's not deep enough for the Wrens/Shiros/+10 Freerides/Protests (?). I might have some overlap between 114 and 120 in my quiver.
    LP105s are a different beast than the OG Legends, much more soft snow friendly due to the (small) rocker and tapered shape.

I thought the LP105s were more of a charger, a stiffer more stable Cochise, or am I off on that? The OG Legends are a pow ski, 10mm wider then the LP105s?

No, the original Legend Pros are 90mm underfoot and full camber. You're thinking of XXLs.

The 105s are still a very aggressive, damp charger but more soft snow friendly due to the shape and rocker. More balls than at least the earlier model of Cochise I skied. I haven't skied XXLs so can't comment on those.

Soft snow friendly compared to old school skis..

But NOT soft snow orientated compared to an On3p Wren.

Correct?

XXL is 109mm underfoot, trad camber, 41m radius. Not quite as demanding as the OG Legend Pro, but still have a sack and are fast as shit. They ski beautifully and are still in my rotation, though the modern shapes handle pow much better.

XXL' s big ol clown shoe tips are better suited for dry snow... they push too much in the coastal cheese.