Name:	IMG_8934.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	817.8 KB 
ID:	244858

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    thank dog the smoke is beginning to clear, here.
    i can see in the western ski a hint of blue as the sun
    moves past high noon over the pungent sound region.
    starting to roll back in here

We're orange here now. It was red yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to be yellow and that's about as good as we can expect in August with all the Ag dust anyways. Well unless it rains. I don't really believe that part of the forecast though but we'll see.

Seattle still purple. Foothills are red.

https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/enviwa/

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Air is still decidedly gnarly in Gnorth Bend.

Workout quality wasn't too impacted yesterday, other than blowing grey shit out of my nose for about an hour after I finished. Can't wait for a cool down.

You're not going to have to wait long.

Supposed to be 15 degrees cooler tomorrow and 20 degrees cooler (than today) on Friday with a chance of showers according to the NWS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandSnow View Post
    You're not going to have to wait long.

Supposed to be 15 degrees cooler tomorrow and 20 degrees cooler (than today) on Friday with a chance of showers according to the NWS.
    Oh I know, the countdown has begun. The air quality has been worse here throughout the day today than it was yesterday, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Oh I know, the countdown has begun. The air quality has been worse here throughout the day today than it was yesterday, fwiw.
    Clearer in Issaquah this afternoon than yesterday. Can actually see Squark and Tiger from the freeway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Clearer in Issaquah this afternoon than yesterday. Can actually see Squark and Tiger from the freeway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I believe it, I think some of the crud in the lower atmosphere pools up against the mountains here. It was soupy over in Issaquah last night though, yeesh. Definitely not a great week to be living in a place without any kind of HVAC system.

I can see Kirkland from my front porch.
    LOL!!! Seattle made the national news last night with its poor air quality. We had cleared out but are currently back to less than a mile visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    We had cleared out but are currently back to less than a mile visibility.
    Explained:
    http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2018/08/relief.html?m=1

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

first day in 5 our air conditioner is showing
    blue not red on the quality indicator. yeah
    kq et all east of the crest, i don’t know how you can do the smoke thing for weeks to months at a time. i get the beauty, location, open space thing, yada yada yada but the smoke funk would absolutely overwhelm the good stuff, for me.
    I've been here 10 years and it's only within the last couple that we've had this problem. Hmmmmm, wonder what it could be.........

Heading north of 350 on the US AQI scale in the N.Thompson today, and climbing. Air support for local fires is grounded. Worse than PG or Kamloops at the moment. Can’t wait for the front this evening to push it further south....

Winds have picked up. Add blowing dust (and a lot of it) to all that smoke. Yippee!

the UllR equivalence for fire is Logi. damn Logi

I've been coughing up some brown and grey loogies on account of Logi this week. Today is a breath of fresh air.

This week has been shitty, but I've kept my daughter in outdoor summer camp all week. Today's air is definitely better. It doesn't compare to Spokane which was something like 380-something if I recall. But still. Agree that it's been getting worse in the past 3 years, I heard that from other "native" friends, too. Still, I'm glad I'm not in CA anymore because fire season is all year round now.
    bc-lovah

I can see Kirkland from my front porch.
    That's a good thing!!
    bc-lovah

Quote Originally Posted by divegirl View Post
    This week has been shitty, but I've kept my daughter in outdoor summer camp all week. Today's air is definitely better. It doesn't compare to Spokane which was something like 380-something if I recall. But still. Agree that it's been getting worse in the past 3 years, I heard that from other "native" friends, too. Still, I'm glad I'm not in CA anymore because fire season is all year round now.
    Spokane set its all-time (since 1999, anyway) record of 382 on Monday. Things blew out pretty good on Tuesday but it's now creeping back in. Currently we're at 159 so, my mountain bike ride for this afternoon is probably out.

Was horrid here yesterday. Sun was red and you could pretty much look at it Trump style.

Little better today...

Quote Originally Posted by divegirl View Post
    Agree that it's been getting worse in the past 3 years, I heard that from other "native" friends, too.
    It has. I've lived here over 20 years now and don't recall this happening except for the last few years where it's become a yearly thing.

Cougar fire is getting bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Was horrid here yesterday. Sun was red and you could pretty much look at it Trump style.

Little better today...

Here in Oregon I remember it always being worse and that was mostly on purpose from people burning misc. waste. Sometimes they'd even black the place out but I think the goal was what we'd consider a yellow or orange now. Wasn't till like the 90s when they stopped allowing so much field burning etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It has. I've lived here over 20 years now and don't recall this happening except for the last few years where it's become a yearly thing.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Here in Oregon I remember it always being worse and that was mostly on purpose from people burning misc. waste. Sometimes they'd even black the place out but I think the goal was what we'd consider a yellow or orange now. Wasn't till like the 90s when they stopped allowing so much field burning etc.
    It was far more localized with field burning, a few (dozen?) acres. Now it's hundreds or thousands of acres of trees, which have a lot more combustible material than hay stubble.

Satellite image shows a fair bit of smoke from Van Isle, too

Field burns were way more than a few dozen acres. They'll burn 15-17,000 acres this summer. Back in the 80's it was more like 250,000 acres of field burning each summer. There were other ag burns too and the mill burning off stuff too. We had a couple of those wig wams at the edge of town right were the grass seed fields start.
    They had big forest fires here in the past too so it all compounded.
    I read something today that said in 1980 only 30% of Oregonians lived in conditions that met the 1980 air quality standards. Standards are a lot more strict now.
    All the movers and shakers told us not to complain about it back then though.
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    It was far more localized with field burning, a few (dozen?) acres. Now it's hundreds or thousands of acres of trees, which have a lot more combustible material than hay stubble.

Fire at Terwilliger Hot Springs about 50 miles west of here changed air quality level to "Coal Fired Tire Factory". Fire went from 100 acres two days ago to 3200 today. 1% contained.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1090.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	356.0 KB 
ID:	244948

Three Sisters and Broken Top are 7-10 miles away in that photo.
    Particulate level at 111 - down from 114 three hours ago