Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    www.flyingmonkeys.ca is a go to beer when out for a burger.

You look different Kenny, did you loose weight or something?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I guess for what they are locally but for really hot weather refreshment it's hard to beat Bud and Coors imo. Much better that Mexican beers.

On a clean pallet fresh Budweiser is a good beer. So is Coors.
    Natty Bo.

If you can't enjoy an ice cold longneck of Bud Heavy after a hot summer day of working in the yard, or teeing off on #1, well then I just can't help you.
    I still call it The Jake.

The Official LAGER BEER Thread

so, my former lady friend is a religious mic ultra drinker and may have gotten me hooked. let me preface this by saying I'm much more of a bud/miller/narragansett type guy, but this weekend while golfing I figured fuck it I'll take these mic ultras for a spin. let me tell ya, you can down these things at a dangerous rate with little to no ill effects. not saying this is always the goal, but for day drinking it's great.

here's my rational... if you're trying to keep yourself composed and not get a disorderly conduct citation it's much easier to dial in the drunk when you have 10-15 instead of 5-7.... it's like flipping a traditional light switch vs one of those fancy dimming ones, or trying to find the right radio station using only the shitty presets in your buddies clapped out sonata vs the tuner knob

disclaimer: did not help my golf game enough

If you want to stay sober, and bloat yourself on 4%ers than you might
    As well move to Utah. At least the skiing is better there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    You look different Kenny, did you loose weight or something?
    Just something
    Thanks for asking

If I drank as many microbrews as I do ice cold domestics when on the golf course with my buddies just having fun I'd be flat on the cart path and left for dead by the 5th hole.
    I still call it The Jake.

Creemoresprings premium lager

This was for a time the best micro Lager in Ontario until it was sold to Molsons. They started to fuck with the quality then sales dropped but they went back to its original formula. Better on tap and I'll still have one from time to time.

Upper Canada Lager

Back in the 90's this was the best keep secret until it went high production. It became inconsistent and at times nasty. They worked out the kinks but it was never the same. Shame popularity kill it.

Saku Brewery

Another Lager worth mentioning is made in Estonia by Saku. We used to get here but no more. I believe Carlsburg owns it now. Best drinking beer I have ever enjoyed. When down like water and tasted great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Upper Canada Lager

Back in the 90's this was the best keep secret until it went high production. It became inconsistent and at times nasty. They worked out the kinks but it was never the same. Shame popularity kill it.
    I'd pretty much forgotten all about this beer. I definitely enjoyed it back in the day!

They don't distribute widely -- and I think only do kegs. But if you're around Denver and like lagers you owe it to yourself to try stuff from Bierstadt Lagerhaus. http://bierstadtlager.com/

The head brewers have been at multiple good breweries and are going back to the simple roots. The brewery only makes lagers. And they are killer good. The Slow Pour Pils is their flagship, but their Helles is world class and their variety of dark beers are always on point.

Hops and Pie has them for $2 all day Thursday. A few of them and a few slices of pie are the perfect post MTB feast.

And the Rackhouse at the Bierstadt brewery has some excellent food too. These guys went so far as to have their equipment shipped over from an old brewery in Germany. Probably some of the best lagers in the state.

I smile every time I read Natty Pack. If it's fresh and cold that's the ticket.
    Also they used to sell "Vet's Brew" on tap for a dollar at the vet's club in Eugene.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Natty Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

That's a real pils ^^^. In Germany/Austria, I learned to order at least 2 at a time because they take so long to draw. It's just the polite thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    That's a real pils ^^^. In Germany/Austria, I learned to order at least 2 at a time because they take so long to draw. It's just the polite thing to do.
    I remember something about a 7 minute pour in a bar somewhere in Germany. All I know is that it tasted good.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

It may be early, but I've been on a Marzen kick for several weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    I smile every time I read Natty Pack. If it's fresh and cold that's the ticket.
    Also they used to sell "Vet's Brew" on tap for a dollar at the vet's club in Eugene.
    National Bohemian and Natural Light are nowhere near the same thing, JONG

oh boy, what a beer!

This is my favorite beer right now, since it is still nasty hot out.

The one on the left was the original, but they discontinued it because people thought it was supposed to have pepper taste to it. They actually named it that because it was "hotter than hell is" the day they brewed it.

The one on the right is the current version, and it is perfect. 4.5% and smooth as hell. Perfect summer drinking beer, which is most days down here.

Oscar Blues bought these guys last year, so you may see it show up around the country. Give it a try, Cigar City makes some great beers.

10 years ago, FL breweries were a joke. Now we have some amazing stuff.
    My friend owns Cycle in St Pete, which is making award winning beers, but he is determined to stay small, so no chance of seeing that become nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    now brewed by an old school lagerhaus

We don't get that sort of natty around here. R U on the ice coast? Used to hear about tons of regional labels from family out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    National Bohemian and Natural Light are nowhere near the same thing, JONG

oh boy, what a beer!

Anyone still able to find the original white label Colt 45? Haven't seen it around here in Oregon in probably 5 years or more. Wonder if they even distribute in the PNW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post

It may be early, but I've been on a Marzen kick for several weeks now.
    I am a bit behind but I am brewing a Marzen today. Tomorrow its a Dopple Bock.
    watch out for snakes

The Official LAGER BEER Thread

Cheers to Friday.

Name:  02-beers-primary-image-Longfin.png
Views: 191
Size:  233.0 KB

And pacifico are my favorites!