Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 61
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,974
    Do you have some Juicy Fruit Commercial-esque stoke from the early years? Would love to see that.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,336
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    avoided serious injury for that long. fkna man.
    Yeah, fkna! Not just a skiing injury, but avoiding any injury to accomplish skiing that many months in a row is an outstanding accomplishment. Hats off!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,579

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    cordova,AK
    Posts
    2,640
    nice accomplishment get some hash tags
    off your knees Louie

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    5,762
    Awesome work. I can't imagine how much work that must have taken over the years, and continues to take!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    tahhh
    Posts
    2,735
    I feel I've gotta pipe-up about injuries. It wouldn't be right to give anyone the impression I haven't been injured in all these years. I've broken my heels, an ankle, wrist, and my butt... I've spiral-fractured an index finger, had surgery on my left knee, had my right ACL completely replaced, had two major surgeries and I've permanently messed up my neck and both shoulders. Some of my toes, and parts of my face, are screwed up from repeated frostbite.

    Most regrettably, I've had four or five snow-related concussions (ever notice how people who've had multiple concussions don't seem to know EXACTLY how many they've had? That's because severe concussions can literally knock your brains out of place before the events surrounding the concussion could be encoded into long-term memory via the normal sleep cycles/dreaming processes. Pretty much like your computer's RAM memory suffering an interruption before the RAM data could be stored on your hard drive.heh). So, trying to remember how many concussions I've had isn't like trying to remember something I've physically DONE. It's like trying to remember any other THING I've only been TOLD about...

    But, before you go thinking I only got what I deserve for skiing fast....not one of these injuries was due to speed! They were mostly because a bad decision was made, or because I took a stupid risk. But, a handful of them just HAPPENED. And there's nothing I could have done to prevent them, short of not skiing at all.

    Included in these would be three separate tree encounters that coulda, shoulda, woulda killed me if somebody up there hadn't been interested in letting me live:
    I got sucked into a Deer Valley tree well in '94 that spun me upside down and almost suffocated me.
    Then, at Moonlight Basin in '04, I went airborne off a feature I'd scoped-out from the chairlift. But, instead of sailing over the road that was supposed to be there, I body-slammed a full grown tree.
    And, last March at the Bird, on a super-deep pow day, I was arcing a full-on, deep, untracked, GS turn above Strainer. My weight and speed cut loose a slide that took my skis out from under me so fast that I found myself being strained through the trees before I could even process what was happening.

    In these three tree accidents, getting killed would have surprised no one, including myself. A few INCHES to the right or left with any of them and I wouldn't be here. How or why I did NOT die is the big mystery...
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 09-06-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,554
    Can we put something together for this guy? Maybe a cool plaque about 25 years straight of shredding, with basically his post just above mine engraved in the back, and a list of the congratulatory sponsor maggots or something.

    Fucking bravo.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    26
    Wow, I wonder how many places this is even possible?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,025
    Wow !!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    tahhh
    Posts
    2,735
    Did I mention how great it is to see all your names and hear from you guys again! Thanks for your posts.
    I guess it's been too long if I don't even have bookmarks for the forum anymore. After a few seconds of trying to remember the web address last week, I finally remembered I still have PowderMaggots.com as an active domain. It still works! It took me right to "General Discussion" even after all these years...
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    5,404
    Big props to 25 yrs Endless, I've only bothered 3 x in that time to seek out snow in every month.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,560
    Impressive and very cool. Congrats!

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessseason View Post
    Did I mention how great it is to see all your names and hear from you guys again! Thanks for your posts.
    I guess it's been too long if I don't even have bookmarks for the forum anymore. After a few seconds of trying to remember the web address last week, I finally remembered I still have PowderMaggots.com as an active domain. It still works! It took me right to "General Discussion" even after all these years...
    Nice work Ron, hope to see you on the slopes out here or there soon.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessseason View Post
    I feel I've gotta pipe-up about injuries. It wouldn't be right to give anyone the impression I haven't been injured in all these years. I've broken my heels, an ankle, wrist, and my butt... I've spiral-fractured an index finger, had surgery on my left knee, had my right ACL completely replaced, had two major surgeries and I've permanently messed up my neck and both shoulders. Some of my toes, and parts of my face, are screwed up from repeated frostbite.

    Most regrettably, I've had four or five snow-related concussions (ever notice how people who've had multiple concussions don't seem to know EXACTLY how many they've had? That's because severe concussions can literally knock your brains out of place before the events surrounding the concussion could be encoded into long-term memory via the normal sleep cycles/dreaming processes. Pretty much like your computer's RAM memory suffering an interruption before the RAM data could be stored on your hard drive.heh). So, trying to remember how many concussions I've had isn't like trying to remember something I've physically DONE. It's like trying to remember any other THING I've only been TOLD about...

    But, before you go thinking I only got what I deserve for skiing fast....not one of these injuries was due to speed! They were mostly because a bad decision was made, or because I took a stupid risk. But, a handful of them just HAPPENED. And there's nothing I could have done to prevent them, short of not skiing at all.

    Included in these would be three separate tree encounters that coulda, shoulda, woulda killed me if somebody up there hadn't been interested in letting me live:
    I got sucked into a Deer Valley tree well in '94 that spun me upside down and almost suffocated me.
    Then, at Moonlight Basin in '04, I went airborne off a feature I'd scoped-out from the chairlift. But, instead of sailing over the road that was supposed to be there, I body-slammed a full grown tree.
    And, last March at the Bird, on a super-deep pow day, I was arcing a full-on, deep, untracked, GS turn above Strainer. My weight and speed cut loose a slide that took my skis out from under me so fast that I found myself being strained through the trees before I could even process what was happening.

    In these three tree accidents, getting killed would have surprised no one, including myself. A few INCHES to the right or left with any of them and I wouldn't be here. How or why I did NOT die is the big mystery...
    I don't think anyone is going to bag on you for concussions. It's pretty obvious we all seem to suffer signs of being hit about the cranium repeatedly. I will call BS on your 80mph, tho
    If you legitimately went that fast, were you wearing a speed suit? Because a 6' 200lb man wearing regular ski clothing seems to meet terminal wind resistance (not a real term, I know, shut up) by about 40 to 45mph.
    And how does one spiral fracture their index finger? Would love to hear that one. Did you point at someone/thing really hard?
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,554
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    a 6' 200lb man wearing regular ski clothing seems to meet terminal wind resistance (not a real term, I know, shut up) by about 40 to 45mph.
    Absolutely false
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Absolutely false
    X2

    Plus endless does the annual speedtrap day. I bet he has a pretty good sense of his top speeds. I'm bummed I've never made it to one

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    6,274

    25 Years of Year-Round Alpine-Downhill In The Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I will call BS on your 80mph, tho
    If you legitimately went that fast, were you wearing a speed suit? Because a 6' 200lb man wearing regular ski clothing seems to meet terminal wind resistance (not a real term, I know, shut up) by about 40 to 45mph.
    FFS... So you've somehow managed to miss all 15 (years) of speed trap threads?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,654
    fkna. nice work.

    is tomski still alive? some retired engineer who skied 300 days a year for 20 years or some shit.

    ttips board way back, leadville guy?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessseason View Post
    Did I mention how great it is to see all your names and hear from you guys again! Thanks for your posts.
    I guess it's been too long if I don't even have bookmarks for the forum anymore. After a few seconds of trying to remember the web address last week, I finally remembered I still have PowderMaggots.com as an active domain. It still works! It took me right to "General Discussion" even after all these years...
    jeebus, didn't realize that TetonGravity.com was so hard to remember!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,331
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    fkna. nice work.

    is tomski still alive? some retired engineer who skied 300 days a year for 20 years or some shit.

    ttips board way back, leadville guy?
    Haven't heard from or about tomski in years, but haven't heard of any bad things either. MakersTelemark may know something.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    tahhh
    Posts
    2,735
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    fkna. nice work.
    is tomski still alive? some retired engineer who skied 300 days a year for 20 years or some shit.
    ttips board way back, leadville guy?
    Oh yeah, I remember that guy. Good question. Yes, he was one of those weirdos with no heels. They look like they're skiing for a second, but then suddenly they're not. They're up, they're down. They try one leg and don't like it, so they switch to the other leg. It's like they're schizo; they're skiing, then they're doing a yoga squat, then they stand up and look like they're leaving. It's weird. But hey, he had been doing whatever he was doing non-stop for a lot of years.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    12,392
    Wow get sum endless!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    tahhh
    Posts
    2,735
    Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    FFS... So you've somehow managed to miss all 15 (years) of speed trap threads?
    BAHAAHAaahaa!!
    Too funny! Well, while reading StuckAtHunterMtn's comment, I noticed his high post count and saw he joined the forum in '06. So, I just figured someone I knew was having fun trolling around on a Wed afternoon. You know, using a dead horse for bait. On the internet, you can never beat a dead horse too much; it seems there's always some way to give it new life.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,847
    Damn dude, knew you had been at it a while but not a quarter century.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    12,392
    ^^ it makes me feel old.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •