Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Talking 25 Years of Year-Round Alpine-Downhill In The Bag

Name:  Ron.Jay.Hood-9.1.17.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  151.8 KB
    Palmer Snowfield on Mt. Hood with buddy Jay Cooperman (he's in the blue jacket), Sep 1, 2017

Yesterday celebrated the completion of month #300 of continuous alpine skiing: 25 straight years of year-round downhill skiing. What started in October of 1992 as a personal challenge grew organically into a passion which I've had no interest in ending.

From a recent publication:
    "In October of 1992, Ron Cram started skiing every week of the calendar year. After 23 months of not missing a single week, the grim summer conditions of '94 forced a redirect from weekly to a non-stop, monthly ski quest.
    Currently, Ron has 'downhill' or 'alpine' skied every single month for 25 years. Along the way, Ron has skied more than 150 areas in 6 countries, accumulating more than 13 million vertical feet (incl more than 133,000 vert ft in ONE NIGHT in Feb '11-which is more than an average rider sees in a season).
    Ron has skied at sea level and above 13,000 ft; atop volcanoes and glaciers; by headlamp; helicopter; at -50°; at 80mph; in two states at once; on both sides of the equator and in both hemispheres; even down to the banks of the Mississippi River.
    Publications covering Ron include: USA Today, Powder, SKI, Outdoor, Skiing, New York Newsday, Sportsguide, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, Japanese TV stations, Deseret News, Salt Lake Tribune, countless internet articles, radio & other publications."

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a3&oe=5A545892
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

Wow. Did 4 years one time and it wasn't easy. 25 years is mind blowing.

Great to hear from you. That's amazing.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

wow, that's impressive, mang, FKNA!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Damn. Congrats.

Strong Work! Two thumbs up
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Wow! I thought my 5 year streak was an accomplishment. I bow to the master!!! So does this mean that he is starting his second quarter century streak?

Awesome Endless! You should stick around and post more often. I know you're busy and all but this places misses your stoke.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 09-03-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Longest alive TAY streak perhaps?

A milestone for the ages. That takes some perseverance and tenacity.
    Well done

I've drank at least one beer every month for at least 25 years, dies that count for someting?

Congratulations, good onya for keepen' the passion so so many years.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Well done! You should do a speedtrap day tour this spring

Awesome!
    Reading this I just realized my first ever maggot meeting was 17 years ago to the day to ski with Endless (and fiddler and DINMS) at timberline. Honored I could participate in a small part of your quest.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Endless! Miss ya, Mang. Post more, eh?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

133000 feet in one night? Snowbird?
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Exactamundo!! Were you there that epic night, too? Feb 18, 2011 was by far the coolest thing Snowbird has ever done. I ended up with 33 Peruvian chairs, 28 Gadzooms and 1 Tram for a total of 133,600 vertical feet during the actual event. Afterwards, I took one more tram so I could ski right to my car. That gave me a total of 136.5k for the night.
    To reach those numbers, I had to ski some stretches of terrain at nearly 80 mph. In the dark. For 62 runs in 12 hours. Doing this run after run, with the headlamps of the other 99 participants popping up randomly all over the mountain throughout the night, was an experience I'll never forget.
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 09-04-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

^^^
    Feck! Hats off man that sounds gnarly.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Awesome!
    Reading this I just realized my first ever maggot meeting was 17 years ago to the day to ski with Endless (and fiddler and DINMS) at timberline. Honored I could participate in a small part of your quest.
    I remember that well. Fun times and good huckleberry milkshakes.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Nice work Endless! You're looking good too. I had hoped to make it to Timberline this summer for the first time in years. Too bad a bad knee sidelined that idea.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    You Sir are a Leg End.

The secret...shhhhh.....is that he shredddds.

Ron I was just telling somebody about meeting you the other week because it was when I realized the beauty of Salt Lake versus a normal ski town, hundreds of absolute shredders just melting into normal life in the valley....mild mannered regular middle-aged guy with no ego at all, and one of the best skiers I've ever skied with. It's rare somebody who skis so fast and so hard is so humble and under the radar. Congrats...but it's not just how much you ski, it's how well...and how fast. And honestly, now that I think about it, it's amazing you ski so fast and hard and have avoided serious injury for that long. fkna man.

Huge props. Really impressive achievement.

Damn. That's eye opening. and its 5:30 AM

Does this announcement mean it's time for the gold watch and retirement? That's a hellofa run.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Impressive and inspiring!