Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Kopi is as much a dentist as Pio is a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Red cars? You having a Nam flashback episode?

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

What's the going rate to drive red cars on hallowed ground?

I don't know anyone else (so shallow and dumbfoundingly ignorant enough to believe) he's had his life so enriched by such a fulfilling experience.
    ​I am not in your hurry

What the fuck are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You know they were talking about Kopi with the dentist stuff, right? Yeah I didn't think so.
    I'm not sure what's funnier.

The image of Benny driving around Maranello in a rent by the hour ferrari?

or

Kopi-Red in his "busy at work" dental attire?
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    He was a nurse. Not sure if RN. It was the bureaucracy and petty politics that got him out, not the poop and pee.
    No, student nurse. I had enough of the bs and cut my losses.

Man, Summit, I hear you loud and clear and you may indeed be right...but I have to tell you, I transport ltc residents to the hospital and clinics on a regular basis and just looking in there, and the smell of it gives me that "thank God I got out of that" feeling every time. I just really wasn't a bedside kind of guy, and the pathways from ADN to something non touchy feely bedside like research or education or crna included more career-development med-surg/ltc stuff than I was comfortable with. I was in a weird spot where I had really good grades, and understood the academics just fine, but I was miserable and dreaded going to clinicals. The faculty at my school said "hey, look, you have good grades but you have to find a way to not be miserable working with patients....that's the job." and I really thought it through and figured it just wasn't the right fit, and forcing it was unethical.

So that's that. And yes I was a "firefighter" but not the white glove kitten-in-a-tree working-two-days-a-week pussy magnet big red truck structure firefighter. I had a bunch of different jobs in wildland fire from 1996-2009. Couple contractors, BLM Taos and Salt Lake, NM State Forestry, Wasatch-Cache NF. No kittens, no women throwing themselves at me....just a lot of sucking smoke and running chainsaws and sleeping in a tent with snoring dudes everywhere.

When I started posting here it was because I was working a night winter job in the fire offseason at the Inn at Solitude, where Tresckow (who I knew from back in Taos) and I shared the workweek 4 days one week, 3 days the next alternating, and Woodsy was our boss. Skifishbum was working across the walkway I think, at the shop by the Thirsty Squirrel. Grizzle6 (I think...Barker anyway) was working in the marketing dept. next door. I would get to work and have a lot of time to kill overnight, and the blue tgr forums screen was up, so I started reading, and eventually posting.

I think the first thing that finally drove me to make a login and post was being annoyed with Blurred. lol.

So yeah, summers in various fire jobs. Some winters off, some winters I managed a ski shop in Taos Ski Valley, some other winters I worked at the hotel at Solitude. I had a really bad fire season in 2008, I was involved with 2 different fatal incidents ("Iron 44" and "Dutch Creek")....felt like neither of those should have happened, was upset and angry, and that whole year my "hip" hurt really badly and wouldn't heal (I later learned it was really my spine, that my L5/S1 Facet joint is bone on bone).....Then I went to nursing school for a bit, that didn't work out. I worked for the MV Coho that sails between Port Angeles WA and Victoria BC and had a girlfriend in Victoria for awhile. I worked the door at a bar in Port Angeles, and had a union apprenticeship in the Laborers International Union of North America that was supposed to be building scaffold around an aircraft carrier in dry dock in Bremerton (I think it was the Reagan) but my back was wrecked and I couldn't pull it off.

With the bad back and running out of money, I went to stay with my uncle in Illinois and got a class A CDL and drove trucks on a Walmart grocery account for 6 months in a 500 mile radius from southern Illinois, then 48 state general freight with a home base of Green Bay. I moved the few things I still had at that point to my hometown in Upper Michigan and started going back there when I had my 5 days off every 5 weeks or whatever it was. I eventually met a woman here and got a job driving taxi 4 nights a week, which got me by for a few months until I got a job as a transit operator for the county transit system here. Since then I was president of our union local for like 9 awful months, and got married and bought a house here. Ski bum over. Middle age activate.

So, you, know....a lot has happened since I started posting here.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 10-11-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Oh, wait. You're jealous because I drove a Ferrari, right? Jeez, let it go, dude.

Oh, wait. You're laughing at me because I drove a Ferrari with an automatic transmission right? Jeez, let it go, dude.
    FIFY
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    FIFY
    Dide, we live in a time when F1 cars have launch control. Let it go.

Dide, we live in a time when F1 cars have launch control. Let it go.
    Dide(sic)

Launch control is specifically banned in current F1 regulations.

So we live in a time when F1 cars had launch control..... technically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Whatever. I gave up on F1 when they allowed launch control. Now they have steering wheels a Nintendo junkie would die for.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    No, student nurse. I had enough of the bs and cut my losses.

Man, Summit, I hear you loud and clear and you may indeed be right...but I have to tell you, I transport ltc residents to the hospital and clinics on a regular basis and just looking in there, and the smell of it gives me that "thank God I got out of that" feeling every time. I just really wasn't a bedside kind of guy, and the pathways from ADN to something non touchy feely bedside like research or education or crna included more career-development med-surg/ltc stuff than I was comfortable with. I was in a weird spot where I had really good grades, and understood the academics just fine, but I was miserable and dreaded going to clinicals. The faculty at my school said "hey, look, you have good grades but you have to find a way to not be miserable working with patients....that's the job." and I really thought it through and figured it just wasn't the right fit, and forcing it was unethical.

So that's that. And yes I was a "firefighter" but not the white glove kitten-in-a-tree working-two-days-a-week pussy magnet big red truck structure firefighter. I had a bunch of different jobs in wildland fire from 1996-2009. Couple contractors, BLM Taos and Salt Lake, NM State Forestry, Wasatch-Cache NF. No kittens, no women throwing themselves at me....just a lot of sucking smoke and running chainsaws and sleeping in a tent with snoring dudes everywhere.

When I started posting here it was because I was working a night winter job in the fire offseason at the Inn at Solitude, where Tresckow (who I knew from back in Taos) and I shared the workweek 4 days one week, 3 days the next alternating, and Woodsy was our boss. Skifishbum was working across the walkway I think, at the shop by the Thirsty Squirrel. Grizzle6 (I think...Barker anyway) was working in the marketing dept. next door. I would get to work and have a lot of time to kill overnight, and the blue tgr forums screen was up, so I started reading, and eventually posting.

I think the first thing that finally drove me to make a login and post was being annoyed with Blurred. lol.

So yeah, summers in various fire jobs. Some winters off, some winters I managed a ski shop in Taos Ski Valley, some other winters I worked at the hotel at Solitude. I had a really bad fire season in 2008, I was involved with 2 different fatal incidents ("Iron 44" and "Dutch Creek")....felt like neither of those should have happened, was upset and angry, and that whole year my "hip" hurt really badly and wouldn't heal (I later learned it was really my spine, that my L5/S1 Facet joint is bone on bone).....Then I went to nursing school for a bit, that didn't work out. I worked for the MV Coho that sails between Port Angeles WA and Victoria BC and had a girlfriend in Victoria for awhile. I worked the door at a bar in Port Angeles, and had a union apprenticeship in the Laborers International Union of North America that was supposed to be building scaffold around an aircraft carrier in dry dock in Bremerton (I think it was the Reagan) but my back was wrecked and I couldn't pull it off.

With the bad back and running out of money, I went to stay with my uncle in Illinois and got a class A CDL and drove trucks on a Walmart grocery account for 6 months in a 500 mile radius from southern Illinois, then 48 state general freight with a home base of Green Bay. I moved the few things I still had at that point to my hometown in Upper Michigan and started going back there when I had my 5 days off every 5 weeks or whatever it was. I eventually met a woman here and got a job driving taxi 4 nights a week, which got me by for a few months until I got a job as a transit operator for the county transit system here. Since then I was president of our union local for like 9 awful months, and got married and bought a house here. Ski bum over. Middle age activate.

So, you, know....a lot has happened since I started posting here.
    I’m glad shit got better.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

beats nothing!

Shit. She should have held out for more.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Maybe I missed it, but why was the University on the hook for a portion of the payout?

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but why was the University on the hook for a portion of the payout?
    Some of the cops were university police aka campus cops

Glad to see this story has a happy and appropriate ending.

Things need to change. - this is a start - look forward to more of this type of "Abuse of Power" seeing the light of day.

With this story it was the little things that caught my eye. Like the good cop who tells the bad cop. Hey man I did not see anything.

But really a good cop should have thrown the fucker to the ground and cuffed him for assaulting a nurse. Or any citizen for that matter.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

If she was black, she'd be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    FIFY
    He drove a California which have never been manual. That car was actually supposed to be a Maserati.

They were the test bed for the Dual Clutch that was going into the 458.

458 is one of the best cars on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The nurse was reasonable and professional. Her mistake was assuming the police officers were also reasonable and professional. Her situation was lose-lose.
    Well.... Until she got half a million, for getting put in the back of a cop car.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Here is why the U of Utah participated in the settlement.

Wubbels is heard on footage of the incident asking a University police officer to protect her because Payne had threatened her with arrest. The U. officer informed the nurse that if she interfered with Payne’s investigation, she would be obstructing justice and he would not prevent the detective from arresting her.

The footage shows that as Payne moves to arrest Wubbels — grabbing and chasing her — she screams and backs into the U. police officer. The officer places a hand on Wubbels’ shoulder, apparently assisting Payne. (Other hospital employees appear to try and talk Payne down as the arrest is taking place.)

Did not realize that the truck driver had passed away in late September.

If she was black, she'd be dead.
    maybe not but conehead would be outraged she was a money grubber for getting a settlement if she wasnt dead

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    He drove a California which have never been manual. That car was actually supposed to be a Maserati.

They were the test bed for the Dual Clutch that was going into the 458.

458 is one of the best cars on the road.

Well.... Until she got half a million, for getting put in the back of a cop car.
    she had to work harder than you do for it, right? civil rights violated and all by the state.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    she had to work harder than you do for it, right? civil rights violated and all by the state.
    I've been thrown in the back of a cop car more times than most. Not that big of a deal IMO.

She got let out too. I went to jail, except for one time I talked myself out of it.

Granted I deserved it.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

so they're almost the same

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    so they're almost the same
    Slightly similar. I didn't get any money. In fact, I cost me quite a bit.