Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    t
    Tom @ Intuition
    - Friend who had Surefoot problems ended up buying Zero G Guide Pros and going straight to Tom for boot fitting and liner work.
    - Tom is awesome, even though buddy probably sized down too much, he managed wizardry to get the shells right and buddy now loves his boots.
    When i was at Intuition an american dude came in with 7 boxes boots in 2 sizes that he bought elsewhere, SO like he came all the way from a foreign country to get fitted by tom

Its too bad they don't do boots but they will do punches and they stock every size/style of intuition including seconds and they know what to put you in ... if they should size up/down/ yada

Don't forget to book an appointment as opposed to just showing up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    - Treated me like a gaper. Maybe I am, but customers deserve respect.
    - didn't listen to anything I said, told me about everything he knew. Endlessly
    - fucked up twice.
    - waste of money in the end.
    Right on. Exactly.

On that point, the two main backcountry shops in Whistler Village are league leaders for condescending attitude. One worse than the other to be fair. I like Whis for what it is, but in general my favorite customer-facing workers in the whole valley are the Indian bus drivers at 6.30am. Many could learn a bit from some of them.

Actually, to be fair, I get treated like a gaper every country I go by shop dudes, even in my own town every December when new seasonal staff arrive. So maybe its me not them!
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    WRT fanatyk co, the gf and I had a similar experience to yours at surefoot. Guy told us what we should want, rather than what we like in a boot. I didn't even think about buying the only boot he would try me in. Gf bought, against my advice, but she admits he sold her on it, against her judgement. They were murder on her feet all season - they wouldn't do any work beyond the initial punch and kept saying it would improve with time. When we went to return them, based on their own guarantee, towards the end of the season (after giving up on time "fixing" the issue) they claimed they had never sold that model of boot in their store :| in the end, she got her money back after providing copy of receipt and showing them the credit card bill, but wtf - sell her on a boot that is too small for her (as well as way too soft for an ex-racer), refuse to do work on it, then claim you've never sold that model when we asked for a refund based on their own return policy?
    That sounds like a horror story. They suck for that.

Best boot fit service I ever got was in Matsumoto, Japan. Dude looked at my foot and suggested boot X. I tried it, then every other boot in the shop for 2 hours. Ended up back at boot X. He fucking nailed it, was modest* and patient, and extremely professional about his vocation. The sushi chef of ski boots.

* only lapse in modesty was when he said he knew I'd end up back at boot X, that he's always right.
    Life is not lift served.

I have always had great service at Fanatyko. Always. Probably 3-4 pairs of boots there, and they always do well to try their best to get it right. Anytime there's been an issue they will deal with it endlessly.

Also been to WB Surefoot, with shells I knew that fit. Their liners are COLD, and I've ended up back at Fanatyko getting Intuitions put into the Surefoot shells, which worked great, so my Surefoot days are done.