Honk honk SLC / Bird Jan - Mar... and: SLC boot man?

Guess which DPS-ridin' desert goose will be rotating at the shrine and primary children's for pediatric ortho from Jan - March this winter... Don't let your kids break a bone! Heh...

As such, looking for recs on a good spot near-ish federal heights (where our lodgings are) to:
    1. Pre-order some Dalbello intuition liners for prior to arrival (can't stand the intuition brand liners)
    2. Buy some new boots in early January (maybe nordica but looking for whatever fits and flexes well)
    3. Get said boots dialed in over the course of the winter, on limited days off / late evenings if possible.

Saw a 3+ yr old thread on this for LCC but looking more toward the city area if possible...

The new wifey and I (as of October anyway) are looking to get snowbird passes, to take advantage of on my at-most-1-day-per-week off time. So if you hear honkin' at the Bird, you know who it be.

Marshal you still around SLC? Where you skiing these days?

Stoked to get a little better snow than what we got in Flagstaff. See you kooks this winter.

Any recommendations on a bootshop / fitter would be much appreciated. Convenience / proximity to where we'll be staying in Federal Heights would be a great bonus but not required.

Thanks in advance!
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Get all your boot work done at the Deep Powder House in LCC. Ditto on buying new from DPH

See you at Alta if you ever venture into the dark side of LCC

Cheers - Good Move moving to Utah and the Greatest Snow on Earth.

CAT

I say inkline in Millcreek on 3300 or the sports loft in cottonwood heights for the boots, but everyone likes their fitters so YMMV. I have had good experiences at both the above mentioned.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Skidog; 08-25-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Inkline

Inkline is good, they may not answer the phone until after labor day. Zo at The Deep Powder House at The Alta Lodge. He works in the Valley at a bike shop off season. You could check with the Wasatch Powder House (same owner as Deep Powder House) on 6200 S as to when he starts working boots in the fall. After the season starts Colby at the Motherlode inside the Goldminer's Daughter at Alta is also good. Motherlode is also part of the Wasatch / Deep Powder House group.

Best boot fitter was / is Earl at the Sports Loft, not too far from downtown. I am not sure how much he is working, I think he has stepped back and his son Jeremy runs it now.

Another vote for Zo at DPH.

All throughout Utah, there are gas pumps shuddering in fear
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.