Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    There are often donuts at my work. And cake.

Seriously, my job has its annoyances, but the pay and benefits are really good.

I get bored. I want a thinking job... but my quality of life is a million times better than it ever was now that I work for WTA.

People bitch. There is always something to bitch about and its easy to get sucked in, but the reality is, it's pretty fucking sweet for what it is.

We are hiring drivers again, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    we have to find better yobs. Pot-smoking yobs. The kind of yobs where there are donuts every day and people tell jokes.
    Bike/ski tech! Problem solved...unless you consider the part about making a living wage. But...shop form!

Based on personal experience, not any medical knowledge, I've been disappointed by cannabis for pain relief, but then I don't pay attention go strains, composition, so maybe I'm doing it wrong.

IME, sativa doesn't do much for pain but indica and CBD are better for chronic pain than percs or vicodin, and gabapentin is better than all the above for chronic nerve pain.

In my experience opiates don't do much for pain they just make me not care so much about it. The exception for me was epidural fentanyl. Oxycodone dulled the pain a bit for me but I found more relief with ibuprofen and robaxin.

I think I am going to set am alarm so I wake up and take a pain pill in the middle of the night. I got the pain under control yesterday evening and was good and actually slept the whole night but woke up with the pain back and it took a little while to knock it back down, butvsince I have been maintaining with just one pill rather than 2.

I want to know how they decide what to prescribe. This broke ankle hurts 100 times more than my gall bladder and they gave me 30 straight oxys for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I think I am going to set am alarm so I wake up and take a pain pill in the middle of the night. I got the pain under control yesterday evening and was good and actually slept the whole night but woke up with the pain back and it took a little while to knock it back down, butvsince I have been maintaining with just one pill rather than 2.

I want to know how they decide what to prescribe. This broke ankle hurts 100 times more than my gall bladder and they gave me 30 straight oxys for that.
    I used to just hit the whiskey for pain, then sleep through it.... wouldn't recommend it though. When I broke my leg I was told to take my OXY every 3 hrs, DR. said "do not skip or it will take you 6 hrs to catch up" I had to take Hydromorphone if the pain was past what the oxy would handle.

Hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    IME, sativa doesn't do much for pain but indica and CBD are better for chronic pain than percs or vicodin, and gabapentin is better than all the above for chronic nerve pain.
    Might have to give the gabapentin a try for my spinal stenosis. I've taken it in the past. I kept trying to fall over on level ground.

They don't decide. Mostly they just do what they always do and adjust for weight and age and as needed.
    Interesting thinking about pain meds--even before the current concern about opiates a doc could prescribe inadequate pain meds for a hospital patient 100 times and no one would say boo; give someone too much and have to give them oxygen, watch them for a few hours (we rarely have to reverse in the hospital) and you get called on the carpet. Despite the well proven physiological and psychological benefits of adequate pain control.
    Last edited by old goat; 08-28-2017 at 10:23 PM.

I broke my fibula

Always stay ahead of the pain w whatever med works for you. It's much harder to catch up and control it once the pain arrives. Stay ahead.

I like Vicodin when my back is jacked up. Never felt it was useful before I had back issues but it works well for me.

I have never had any decent pain relief from weed. I guess it works for some but not me at all

My dad used to take gabapentin. Had to watch it a little bit because it would build up. If he took too much he'd get pretty wacky. Don't think I'd use a primary pain relief in any circumstances.

I know we have an opioid problem but underprescribing pain relief is a fucked up hellscape for people in pain. Not sure what the answer is. I sure as hell ain't getting pain relief from PT during a bad back episode.

My dad had to get narcan once when he was on way to high frequent or big morphine drip. Amazing how quickly that stuff can turn a zombie into the living

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Might have to give the gabapentin a try for my spinal stenosis. I've taken it in the past. I kept trying to fall over on level ground.
    I take gabapentin only at bedtime. I have heard several MDs characterize it as a miracle drug for chronic neuralgia. When needed I take 300mg at bedtime, which is a much smaller dose than many people take for chronic nerve pain, and TMK I have not experienced any adverse side effects.

I've had whatever they give for a broken tib/fib and another accident for the inside knuckle cracked off the ankle and the drugs were dissapointing, took some of the edge off the pain but I didnt get high at all

In addition to the cracked knuckle 6 weeks later they could see on the xray that my lateral malleolus (fib?) was also cracked but they didnt do anything and it healed fine

I try to stay away from pain killers even off the weedz nowdays
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I've had whatever they give for a broken tib/fib and another accident for the inside knuckle cracked off the ankle and the drugs were dissapointing, took some of the edge off the pain but I didnt get high at all
    Hmm, that's giving me second thoughts about socialized medical care. I want to get wasted when I have a fx'ed bone

In addition to the cracked knuckle 6 weeks later they could see on the xray that my lateral malleolus (fib?) was also cracked but they didnt do anything and it healed fine
    Malleolus is the (protruding) ankle bone. which is connected to the leg bone, and the leg bone's connected to the knee bone, and da knee bone's connected to da hip bone....

If you're in pain you aren't going to get much of a high from opiates--high is a state of mind: drug+circumstance and the pain negates the high. I've had patients enjoy their preop sedation but never had one tell me how much they enjoyed the meds after surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    hah....ride with a bus driver? I'd walk.

Thats's Ex bus driver to you!
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Thanks, fiddler... as for riding with bus drivers, my friend yesterday was terrifying and has lived in Bellingham longer than me and couldn't find main roads without direction.

Once it stops hurting I'm going to take the para transit bus! Bahahaha
    I have GPS, a wheel chair van with the same securement system as your buses and an extra manual wheelchair. Famous last words, I can get you there in one piece without getting lost!
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Lol, today I got to drive the power cart at Winco, and got a real cast! No surgery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170829_152805_001.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	941.4 KB 
ID:	211274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170829_160036.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	211275

No surgery! right on !

Good to hear. Heal thyself J

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If you're in pain you aren't going to get much of a high from opiates--high is a state of mind: drug+circumstance and the pain negates the high. I've had patients enjoy their preop sedation but never had one tell me how much they enjoyed the meds after surgery.
    thats interesting ^^ and would explain my indifference, it seemed to take some edge off and I would doze off alot but I wouldn't call it a high

last time they were gona cut on me I said wait i gotta piss and they are all like wtf get him a bed pan but anyhow once they hit me up I go under SO fast that i wouldn't know what what preop sedition feels like

my buddy the anesthetist said he would thro a little adrenilen in with the juice to knock em out fast he said alot of his patients thot he was pretty hot men included
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    great choice on color! Go Dawgs
    Boooo! Let's not get political here.

#donnyosmondapproved

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    In my experience opiates don't do much for pain they just make me not care so much about it.
    Yes...me too. Weird right?

My cast is gross. I am going to make them give me a new one next week if I have to resort to intentional sabotage.

so sorry! speedy healing vibes...

Is it normal that I'm really tired? For no reason?