Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Its nice to have both air and coil. Air for pedaly days snd the coil for more down days and then you have a spare too. You can usually find new or next to new shocks on pb buy n sell at a big discount. If/when rebuild or custom tune still has you below retail.
    Coil is still king on the downs. Its not all about the initial suppleness either, although my wrists greatly appreciate that every lift served day. The lack of air seal stiction is great for spring recovery too, anywhere in the shock stroke. Coils recover from hits with the same suppleness of that initial stroke. Theyre just so active everywhere in the stroke and just controlled by the damping and not hindered by air seal stiction. Deep in the travel through the rough trail sections theyre just amazing. They can really open up terrain or tge trail. Theres some pretty great air shocks out there now and the x2 is at/near the top but a good coil is really hard to beat for pure dh performance

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    How did you choose the MRP? I am not familiar with that brand and their shock line-up, but will check it out.
    1) local(ish) company in Colorado
    2) offered the progressive spring, which I knew would be a good idea since as you noted the Patrol is pretty linear
    3) price was competitive (slightly more than Fox/Rockshox but less than 11-6 or EXT)
    4) good reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    1) local(ish) company in Colorado
    2) offered the progressive spring, which I knew would be a good idea since as you noted the Patrol is pretty linear
    3) price was competitive (slightly more than Fox/Rockshox but less than 11-6 or EXT)
    4) good reviews
    Thanks for the rec. That Hazzard looks like a great option. You like?

After settling on the Cascade link for the Patrol, now I'm thinking I should just go straight to a coil first, but a coil that works with a linear frame. MRP Hazzard or EXT Storia seem to be the best fit for the Patrol, given their progressive spring (Hazzard) or damper (Storia, custom-tuned) plus the Storia hydraulic bottom-out. Storia seems like the best option. Crazy.

Anyone running a Storia on their SBG Patrol?
    sproing!

Anyone with a Smuggler and the stock RS Deluxe RT shock? I'm curious what pressure and sag you're running.

I'm down to 160psi to achieve the recommended 16mm of sag (32%) at 172lb body weight. This pressure seems quite low. I understand different linkage designs will require different pressure, but I'm accustomed to something like body weight plus X as a starting point. The DPS and DPX2 shocks on my last few bikes were in the 200 psi range if my memory is correct.

No major complaints with how it rides, other than it seems to get little overwhelmed on longer rougher downhills.