Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    I'm pulling the plug on the trip at this point. Might as well save some cash now in case the restaurant where I work shuts back down later in the fall.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    I'm pulling the plug on the trip at this point. Might as well save some cash now in case the restaurant where I work shuts back down later in the fall.
    Smart move. Air quality sucks just about everywhere right now. And if it's good somewhere it won't be tomorrow.

good luck down there, Schralph, checked out the fire maps, scary shit. I hope that you can get through it okay.

PNW Must Do Rides

Bumping this one up for some new recommendations. Heading north in about a week and hoping to get some bigger rides in. Providing I don’t get snowed out again, Angels Staircase is on the list, as well as O’Leary Mountain. Sounds like the Goat Mountain -Tumwater loop is in rough shape with blowdowns, so I’m just wondering what’s riding well this year. Juniper Ridge?

Game for anything up to 35 miles, 8k vert.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Just did a couple of days riding along the Kettle Crest Colville

Just did a couple of days riding along the Kettle Crest (Colville NF). Riding 40km south on Kettle Crest trail from Boulder Pass has the potential to be a classic backcountry epic, if it wasn’t so overgrown and covered in windfall. Things get better maintained south of Stickpin, and the descent from Wapaloosie down Jungle Hill is always a highlight. Also rode 13 Mile trail from Hall Creek Rd down to State Hwy 21 for the first time. A spectacular, remote 22km down-country ride, in great condition, which I’ll add to my list for regular repeats.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220924_191958745_iOS.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	428361

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    Bumping this one up for some new recommendations. Heading north in about a week and hoping to get some bigger rides in. Providing I don’t get snowed out again, Angels Staircase is on the list, as well as O’Leary Mountain. Sounds like the Goat Mountain -Tumwater loop is in rough shape with blowdowns, so I’m just wondering what’s riding well this year. Juniper Ridge?

Game for anything up to 35 miles, 8k vert.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Juniper ridge to dark meadow in good shape (aside from the standard moto holes on the descent) as of a couple weeks ago.

Hamilton buttes should be on your list for GP rides.

Air quality is pretty shitty in the Puget Sound and Western WA Cascades at the moment, as well as in Leavenworth/Wenatchee area, due to the Bolt Creek fire. This doesn't look to change in the next 10 days. Might want to base your rides in areas with the least shitty air.

https://map.purpleair.com/1/mAQI/a60...6.341/-121.126