Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Summer Practice

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    ... I would go lower weights/higher reps
    Agreed, especially if you go from exercise to exercise without pausing, better known as circuit training.

Another spin on it is to do circuit training as intervals. Do 20 seconds of reps, then rest for 10 seconds. Repeat 8 times, for a total of 4 minutes. If you do this for, say, 10 exercises, you've got an intense 40 minute workout. This works best with lighter weights, but the strength and aerobic effects are notable.

Quote Originally Posted by charles martel View Post
    do circuit training as intervals. Do 20 seconds of reps, then rest for 10 seconds. Repeat 8 times, for a total of 4 minutes. If you do this for, say, 10 exercises, you've got an intense 40 minute workout. This works best with lighter weights, but the strength and aerobic effects are notable.
    ↑↑↑ this
    on these ↓↓↓
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gym.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	858.6 KB 
ID:	210986
    if you can't make for something outdoors.

You can skip the bench obviously, but leads to imbalances. SelectTech dumbbells are out of frame... 300sf

(if the pic isn't there - somebody tell me)

What do you do on that little trampoline?

I found jumping, flipping and spinning around on a large trampoline quite the workout.

We're pulling your leg about the exercise stuff. You should do what we all do. Spend the summer in South America. If you're not core enough to do that than you shouldn't be on this forum.

i'm finally able to put in a little time and distance hiking on back to back to back days. new knee still gets a little sore but i haven't been taking anything at all for pain and not icing nearly as regularly. hoping to get back to lightweight backpacking next summer. 3 sisters loop and timberline trail have been calling my name for a while now. so nice not to be sweating in pain all the time. i can't wait for snow.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We're pulling your leg about the exercise stuff. You should do what we all do. Spend the summer in South America. If you're not core enough to do that than you shouldn't be on this forum.
    i spent a month puking in south america. does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    What do you do on that little trampoline?
    Versa Climber is anaerobic cardio phase mostly. Tramp in the aerobic cardio phase consistently. both used just about everyday.

I found jumping, flipping and spinning around on a large trampoline quite the workout.
    Took the kids to the jump house - loved it. Much better upper quad stim. would love to have for daily use. Jaks the house insurance by 300$?

Among other things, tried out leg blasters last night. I went to a few kundalini yoga classes last year and there was a similar exercise we did in that class but I can't remember the name of the pose. It looks super easy but the repetition really starts to get excruciating. Surprised I'm not more sore today.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    goth chick/dude looks stunned
    Winona, or me(BeetleJuice)?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Winona, or me(BeetleJuice)?

Winona? I guess.
    Looks like Miley Cyrus to me.
    I do not like Mileys voice, singing or speaking, but she has won me over with her free the nipple and smoking dope shenanigans.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

You dont see the Winona Ryder from BeetleJuice in the front row

Do now.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i spent a month puking in south america. does that count?
    Gets you in shape for puking in the bars during ski season, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowTiki View Post
    I'm in LA, I just don't really have a lot of cash to travel around. I think leg blasters and building my aerobic base sound like the best bet. ...
    Something for the legs, and building the aerobic base, are going to be the ticket. In LA you have a lot of hills, ranging from the beach to the mountains just outside town. And the ocean. Everything from body surfing to steep trail running to the gravity sports suggestions can work what you need. Longboard skateboarding the flat parts of town can be good too.

https://youtu.be/g_U-yE7ZBrI

I hope we do something like this at BBI bozeman

Balance drils. Tie a rope between two trees/poles about 1 foot off the ground. Or a small ball and stand on it with 1 foot and do leg squats. That will tune you up.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Balance drils. Tie a rope between two trees/poles about 1 foot off the ground. Or a small ball and stand on it with 1 foot and do leg squats. That will tune you up.
    I wanna see some pics of you doing this

running a chain saw for a 6 hr shift
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I wanna see some pics of you doing this
    Clothing optional.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

pushups, burpees, modified burpees, chinups, trail running, fast hiking uphill, downhill trail running focus on ball of foot balance and visualize making ski turns. Try not to bulk up with too much muscle mass. Transposes well to skiing.
    Master of mediocrity.

Summer Practice

I surf. Drink beers. Occasionally bike to drop off a car or get somewhere with my six year old. And move a shit ton of gravel and terracing stone and railroad ties while working on leveling my back yard hill. Needless to say, by legs will be shot on day one.

Or not. I'm strong. Cause I also yoga

Yoga is key

Lots of city biking (at least 12k a day), and daily hatha yoga seem to keep me going.

Skating bowls and ramps is the core of my summer training. I think this is key to keeping those boarding reflexes honed.

My office job is killing me, but I try to make up for it by being obsessive about exercise.
    27° 18°