Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I'm all for personal freedom/ pursuit of happiness, etc.
    But when YOUR pursuit of happiness impedes on MY safety, we got issues.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthmafia View Post
    Soooo you dont find comfort in Southern Comfort??? How very unbecoming of a southern gentleman like yourself.

You being a gaper, falling off ski lifts, hanging out in landings, slamming the bar down on my head etc all impede on my happiness but you dont see me bitching, do you? I just drink, smoke and snort my way to happiness to offset your egregious impedance.

sounds like you are a problem finder instead of a solution finder. Try being more solution oriented!!!

I will concede that, but it is a fine line. I'd rather just wait til the end of the day.
    Because you're a weaksauce little bitch? Go ahead and show yourself out, troll.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

For a tour under a full moon, nothing beats mushrooms!

This Stuck guy seems really angry.

Mushrooms are far superior to LSD as a skiing enhancement device...

I think for a lot of people divided on enjoying some substances while skiing are probably coming from different perspectives. I could see why Joey that skis Mountain Creek or Hunter on the weekends isn't a fan, with overcrowded runs filled with yahoos it would be easy to feel endangered. Out west you can tour or be at a large area and barely see anyone else, this is especially true during slow periods or midweek.

I agree on mushrooms being more fun than LSD while skiing and all things outdoor rec.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I think for a lot of people divided on enjoying some substances while skiing are probably coming from different perspectives. I could see why Joey that skis Mountain Creek or Hunter on the weekends isn't a fan, with overcrowded runs filled with yahoos it would be easy to feel endangered. Out west you can tour or be at a large area and barely see anyone else, this is especially true during slow periods or midweek.

I agree on mushrooms being more fun than LSD while skiing and all things outdoor rec.
    Yeah, I see that. OTOH, Snowbowl (the Montana one, not Arizona, lol) can be quite busy, but the crowds thin out, and I did plenty of zooming through low angle trees by myself with a good Bloody Mary buzz on. Smartest thing in the world? Oh, absolutely not. However, I know the mountain pretty well, and treewells are not much a problem either.
    I also find that a little liquor or beer can relax me, which really helps when you have a bad back, stiff muscles, etc because of a chronic condition. A puff can help too, and it's fun. It's a different feeling. Like you might wanna go slower, but be more playful; depends on the weed too. With a buzz on, I might still wanna play a little, but go faster.
    No longer stuck.

And these resorts that sell booze in the lodge, sometimes at mid mountain or upper mountain, what are they thinking?

The only way home is to ski down most of the time.

Great, so lets wait until somebody fucks up. You are already trying to tell grow ups how to live their lives. People like you should get the shit kicked out of them anytime they feel "protective"

I'm far less concerned about buzzed skiers than the aggro beaters who ski fast (always groomers) but can't actually ski for shit.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I've been known to toss a couple back when the snow isn't so good, or they haven't opened Peruvian and the tram line ends at Peruvian. But i am not so addicted that I need a sixer to start my day or help me maintain. I can wait till apres to get blackout.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    I've been known to toss a couple back when the snow isn't so good, or they haven't opened Peruvian and the tram line ends at Peruvian. But i am not so addicted that I need a sixer to start my day or help me maintain. I can wait till apres to get blackout.
    There's an in-between that is not then rampant alcoholism like you just described. But I think you're being sarcastic.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    I smoke a bowl of meth right before I get on the lift to see how fast I can get to 10K of vertical.
    hit play on these at same time

www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

"Skiers" who drink alcohol on the slopes

Serious responses only please.
    This is a really shitty troll job.

Although he is from the Deep South, so if he's talking about a place like Sugar or Beech, then yeah he would have a point. Really really crowded slopes with drunk skiers.
    On the southeast ski forum, seems obligatory to talk about, and have photos of drinking beer, carrying beers up on the lift, etc, for the sake of being cool.

fwiw I was kidding about touring on LSD, but apparently not everyone was...

There's an in-between that is not then rampant alcoholism like you just described. But I think you're being sarcastic.
    Yes. A little sarcasm. I, for one, don't think about drinking when the snow is fresh and deep. But when it's old, I won't hesitate to drink a couple on the chair, or lift line.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Oh come on... I have no problem with people getting high or drunk and skiing, but you can not truly believe (unless you are a real selfish cunt) that there is a limit. When people are so fucked up that they become a danger to people more than themselves then it really is a problem. People get real fucked up from people just not paying attention sober on the slopes, let alone when they are trashed and don't think about the consequences if they make one mistake or are so fucked up that they can't avoid a impending accident because their reaction time is shit. If you hurt yourself, fine, whatever, you deserve it (though, you are still impacting other people, like patrol who has to go save your ass), just maintain some sort of impulse control so you don't go around hurting other people, especially the children on the slopes. Maybe you don't have kids and can't understand how serious it is to be able to maintain enough control to prevent children from being impacted by your desire to get high or drunk.

The ski slope not your private home, its a public/private (owned/leased by a company) piece of property that you use to participate in an already dangerous enough sport as it is. At least show some respect for the people who run/own the hill you are using, and those around you who are also trying to get out an have fun. People can get hurt just like if you were driving drunk, so why not treat it similarly? I'd assume you don't get wasted and drive a car, so why get so wasted on some planks that can have you going 40+ mph?

Get high, get drunk, but please be responsible. Joke all you want, but I really hope people here are smart enough outside the forums to not put other people (and hopefully yourself) at extreme risk by going to far with recreational substances. I love/d drugs as much as the next guy, or well honestly more I'd imagine, and its easy to forget about the consequences until something bad happens. Just try to be responsible.

/rant

Sorry, I know a lot of people are just busting balls, but harm reduction is very important. Much love to all of you, stay safe.
    I believe in allowing people to fuck up before you arrest them, condem them ect

Kinda like your statement- the 34th word in

WHEN

When you fuck up, you should be held accountable.

But thinking of controlling the masses by limiting the vice does not and will not work

Remember prohibition?

And, as pointed out before If you shouldn't be drinking then selling alcohol shouldn't be allowed.

If fact, why not write your state rep and demand they stop selling alcohol at ski areas.
    and ball games and restaurants

Bad Idea? yeah Why? people can be responsible

I think that skiing buzzed is just fine, and can actually be quite enjoyable.

I think that skiing wasted is not ok.

Nowadays I mostly ski sober, but do enjoy a few beers on spring days. As long as you can stay in control and ski the mountain safely I see no problem with a little on mountain drinking.

I keep my personal limit at about 4 to 5 drinks if I am skiing an entire day. Any more than that and you can be in trouble both on the mountain and driving home.

If OP is really such a snitch that he feels the need to contact patrol when he meets someone who has been drinking, I highly suggest he stays away from Colorado in the spring time.

Shit, the mid mountain lodge at a basin seems to have a policy of serving unlimited alcohol to customers. That place way overserves some people. And the fact that they allow a free for all of keggars in the parking lot borders on ridiculous.

Worst injury I ever had skiing was when I was drunk, so now I stay within my limits at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    LOL, good times

I don't really understand the point here. No one is going to defend getting wasted at the ski hill. Is this just a troll or does the OP really have a problem with a person having a beer or drink or two over the course of a day of skiing? I can't remember the last time I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    I agree with what you're saying. One difference would be that if a resort is selling alcohol some rules need to be in place to help limit potential consumption, which certain places that sell alcohol do. For example, limit the amount of alcohol someone can purchase at one time (one drink at a time per person, and don't sell tall boys), limit how many drinks someone can purchase per hour for themselves, when on the slopes if someone is clearly acting intoxicated to a point where you can tell they are skiing unsafe take their pass away for the day or for a hour or two, if someone causes an accident even if minor or to themselves and you either have seen them drinking or smoking weed/they smell of alcohol they are done for the day, etc. Its not stopping people from getting high or drunk, its making sure people aren't drinking excessively in the bar where they may endanger people on the slopes and on the highway home/making a patrols job bs by having them rescue their drunk ass. Sure people can and will drink out of sight like in the woods or the parking lot, but its the resorts obligation to make the resort safe as possible and limiting any liability for selling a ridiculous amount of drinks to individuals (bars have gotten in trouble for selling drinks to people falling on the floor and seeing them walk out, getting in their car and driving away).

Even if they don't have better over sight at the bars (its not a perfect system, just a way for people to possible realize they may be getting too drunk to fast, or stop the drunks from taking shot after shot), making people accountable on the slopes by stopping them if they are skiing out of control before they hurt someone, or when they actually get in an accident even if its just sliding in the back of someone or them slamming into a tree.

Drink and get high on the slopes, get trashed at home.
    Why do you hate America?

Oh come on... I have no problem with people getting high or drunk and skiing, but you can not truly believe (unless you are a real selfish cunt) that there is a limit. When people are so fucked up that they become a danger to people more than themselves then it really is a problem. People get real fucked up from people just not paying attention sober on the slopes, let alone when they are trashed and don't think about the consequences if they make one mistake or are so fucked up that they can't avoid a impending accident because their reaction time is shit. If you hurt yourself, fine, whatever, you deserve it (though, you are still impacting other people, like patrol who has to go save your ass), just maintain some sort of impulse control so you don't go around hurting other people, especially the children on the slopes. Maybe you don't have kids and can't understand how serious it is to be able to maintain enough control to prevent children from being impacted by your desire to get high or drunk.

The ski slope not your private home, its a public/private (owned/leased by a company) piece of property that you use to participate in an already dangerous enough sport as it is. At least show some respect for the people who run/own the hill you are using, and those around you who are also trying to get out an have fun. People can get hurt just like if you were driving drunk, so why not treat it similarly? I'd assume you don't get wasted and drive a car, so why get so wasted on some planks that can have you going 40+ mph?

Get high, get drunk, but please be responsible. Joke all you want, but I really hope people here are smart enough outside the forums to not put other people (and hopefully yourself) at extreme risk by going to far with recreational substances. I love/d drugs as much as the next guy, or well honestly more I'd imagine, and its easy to forget about the consequences until something bad happens. Just try to be responsible.

/rant

Sorry, I know a lot of people are just busting balls, but harm reduction is very important. Much love to all of you, stay safe.
    I agree with what you're saying. One difference would be that if a resort is selling alcohol some rules need to be in place to help limit potential consumption, which certain places that sell alcohol do. For example, limit the amount of alcohol someone can purchase at one time (one drink at a time per person, and don't sell tall boys), limit how many drinks someone can purchase per hour for themselves, when on the slopes if someone is clearly acting intoxicated to a point where you can tell they are skiing unsafe take their pass away for the day or for a hour or two, if someone causes an accident even if minor or to themselves and you either have seen them drinking or smoking weed/they smell of alcohol they are done for the day, etc. Its not stopping people from getting high or drunk, its making sure people aren't drinking excessively in the bar where they may endanger people on the slopes and on the highway home/making a patrols job bs by having them rescue their drunk ass. Sure people can and will drink out of sight like in the woods or the parking lot, but its the resorts obligation to make the resort safe as possible and limiting any liability for selling a ridiculous amount of drinks to individuals (bars have gotten in trouble for selling drinks to people falling on the floor and seeing them walk out, getting in their car and driving away).

Even if they don't have better over sight at the bars (its not a perfect system, just a way for people to possible realize they may be getting too drunk to fast, or stop the drunks from taking shot after shot), making people accountable on the slopes by stopping them if they are skiing out of control before they hurt someone, or when they actually get in an accident even if its just sliding in the back of someone or them slamming into a tree.

Drink and get high on the slopes, get trashed at home.
    Fucking hell.

You're going to just love the vibe at Alpental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    I don't really understand the point here. No one is going to defend getting wasted at the ski hill. Is this just a troll or does the OP really have a problem with a person having a beer or drink or two over the course of a day of skiing? I can't remember the last time I didn't.
    I bet he's Mormon or 7th Day Adventist or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Fucking hell.

You're going to just love the vibe at Alpental.