Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Kind of a niche situation, but I bought a pair of used/demo Renoun Citadel skis during the sale on their website. When I got the box, I opened it up and saw that they'd packaged a brand new pair in there. My conscience got the best of me due to the huge discrepancy in price ($1500 vs $650) so I sent them an email telling them of their mistake and asking what to do. They replied with "That’s awesome of you to point it out but NO WORRIES! We oversold the Citadel demo so chose a lucky one to get a new pair." They definitely won some brownie points with that move.

Update re:Black Diamond experience.

Was first told I was SOL becaues binders were out of warranty and they don't have spare parts for old Vipec models. (Seems like you ought to keep some parts for things sold just 3 years ago?) A little more prodding and they found a pair of used Vipec black toes they're sending me. So that's good -- but ya got to push a bit.

Deuter

My idiot dog recently ate through the main external zipper (2 places) and in general made a mess of the internal compartment nylon in his quest to get at a large dark chocolate bar that his idiot owner left down in the hydration sleeve of an 8-yr old Guide 45+ pack.

I obviously couldn't hold Deuter responsible for this repair, but failing to find someone locally to take on replacing that large zipper, I reached out to them to see if they could do the repair at my expense. They said send it in, and they will repair or replace depending on damage, no charge. Sent it in, and my pack came back with a very clean set of repairs.

I actually preferred this result to a replacement as this is a bomber pack that has held up well to tons of year-round abuse (product plug!), and I hated to think that something this dumb would send it to the landfill. At the same time, super-impressed that Deuter would have replaced if they couldn't fix a problem my dog* caused.

* I may have forgotten the chocolate in there, but I still blame him -> Is there a shitty service experience thread?

+1 Patagonia

Everybody knows this but they did me a huge solid on an old soft shell. Bought when I had a proform 10 years ago. Relatively light use but washed it and the hood totally detached due to being glue-only. They got me a merch credit within a week for probably more than I paid.

Stanley

For sending me a new 64" Growler after I asked them what was the plastic used in their handles and top seal ring so I could use the correct epoxy or plastic welding rod. I knocked mine off the counter and the ring cracked, destroying the pressure seal. I still don't know what plastic, but this is better than the original:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7781.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	300414
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Dynafit are still warrantying those Radcials which were lemons from the git go ... good to see !
    Dynafit recently upgraded their binding warranty to 10 years.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Props to...rad customer service / warranty experiences

Smith low light I/O goggle lenses popped a seal. Smith gave credit for replacement, but since they were pre-Chromapop the credit didn’t cover the only low light lenses they had in stock which were Chromapop ones. They upgraded the credit to cover the new more expensive lenses. Props.

Cane Creek 40 headsets are fairly common spec on mountain bikes, and the bottom bearing is notorious for being trashed almost immediately. I didn't even ask CC for a replacement, just some questions about what to replace with size-wise. They sent me a set of their top of the line "Hellbender" bearings free of charge. Thanks dudes.

You know who has a really shitty "Lifetime" warranty program...
    Name:  FL Date.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  143.7 KB
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Arcterxy was making stuff in vancover but it was all made by Chinese women so made in China .. kind of
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    You know who has a really shitty "Lifetime" warranty program...
    Name:  FL Date.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  143.7 KB
    is this a recent change for Flylow? I did do some work with them early on and I thought all manufacturing was in USA, but maybe I was mistaken? The flylow bibs I had lasted a good 7 years or so and I could still likely wear them but the boot gaiters came apart. Otherwise they were solid. Probably close to 600 days on em.

Pretty sure Flylow has always made their gear offshore.

They "make" solid stuff IME, but it's just another company designing stuff in America to be made in the Far East.

I like flylow, blew out 2 zippers last year (folding jacket and jamming in a bag/leg zipper on tree) and they replaced for $20 each, ship back included.

Thank you flylow for fixing dumbass mistakes for cheap

Patagonia again. They replaced 5 yo soft shell pants I cramponed to death because a leg cuff zipper broke with a pair of new guide soft shells that cost twice what I paid

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Arcteryx: Last month, I sent them my 10+ year old Theta SV jacket that had a 5" tearoom its back. They advised that while they were unable to repair it, they were able to give me 50% off on anything Arcteryx. I purchased a new Alpha SV jacket for less than $400
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Arcteryx: Last month, I sent them my 10+ year old Theta SV jacket that had a 5" tearoom its back.
    Can you actually drink tea in a 5” tea room?

North Face. Borrowed a 15 year old backpacking tent and somehow put some holes in it. Sent it to NF asking them to fix it on my dime, as it was my fault. Patched the holes, replaced a tent pole and added new bungy cord in the poles. No charge. I don't usually pay much attention to NF, but I will now.

Darn Tough socks 5 Stars+
    They replaced 2 pair of socks regardless of the discounted price I paid.

Happy with the replacements and will buy again

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    is this a recent change for Flylow? I did do some work with them early on and I thought all manufacturing was in USA, but maybe I was mistaken? The flylow bibs I had lasted a good 7 years or so and I could still likely wear them but the boot gaiters came apart. Otherwise they were solid. Probably close to 600 days on em.
    Yes the exteriors of my pants are some of the best materials. I had some issues with the seam taping. They told me I must have been the one peeling it off rather than fix it. Still wear them when it is not WET. I no longer will ever buy anything from them again. I do not know if I would have tried FTP gloves if it wasn't for the lack of care from FL.

They claimed that lifetime was up to their discretion. I said that is not "lifetime" you bitchez. I still think I should have gone to the BBB and rattled them a little harder. TREW, STIO, OR, and Patagucchi all the way now.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

ON3P: helped me out in my eternal size debate and is actively working to ensure my customs will arrive on time for my upcoming trip to Colorado! If the customer service is indicative of anything, I’m sure the skis will be phenomenal!

Shorts: did you talk with someone there - like on the phone- or just email?

I’ve found flylow to be excellent with customer service in general.

FKNA Patagonia! A year ago I got this wool sweater from them, and last summer it got a couple fair-sized moth holes chewed in it. It really pissed me off - fucking moths are beyond annoying. Anyway, on basically a whim I thought to check with Patagoo to see if the repair shop could handle that, figuring no way they could fix it but wth it doesn’t hurt to ask. I was told to send it in, and if they couldn’t fix it they’d send me a gift coupon. They charged me $5 for a shipping label.

To get to my point, it just came back, fixed perfectly, and no further charges.

Fanboi for life.

Just had an awesome experience with Tecnica, they even sent me back my insoles that I forgot to take out even after they told me to.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Dakine. 2 year old gloves had a one inch split along the seams, a few pictures on the online form and new pair in the mail a week later. nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Dakine. 2 year old gloves had a one inch split along the seams, a few pictures on the online form and new pair in the mail a week later. nice.
    I'll second that. Purchased a closeout Dakine midlayer for from Evo at an extreme discount, and a seam came apart on the inside hem of the jacket after a couple uses. Dakine told me to keep the jacket anyway, and gave me a credit for the full MSRP to use on ony of their products on their online store.