Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Arcteryx has been wicked to deal with. i've warrantied 2 coats from them, 1 they let me keep, dark out the arcteryx logo inside of it and sent me a brand new $300 jacket. I was insanely impressed by that.

Backcountry is a great website and the customer service has always been on point! i spend a lot of money there....

5.10 sent me a new pair of shoes for an old pair that had a sole delam. Old shoes, no receipt and didn't need me to send them in, just a picture.

Just got full warranty on a 13yr old pair of Blundstones by mailing them some pictures, the uppers looked ok but the soles which are date stamped had disintegrated in big chunks ... given the boots age probably the upper limit of their parameters for a claim

I didn't need to send in the boots either just cut off the elastic side inserts and pull-on tabs so i can still wear them for running out to the shed
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Just got full warranty on a 13yr old pair of Blundstones by mailing them some pictures, the uppers looked ok but the soles which are date stamped had disintegrated in big chunks ... given the boots age probably the upper limit of their parameters for a claim

I didn't need to send in the boots either just cut off the elastic side inserts and pull-on tabs so i can still wear them for running out to the shed
    Good to know, I wear mine every day standing in hot water and chemicals and they are still holding together and waterproof. Pretty amazing really.

Good
    Trew: Had a bit of delam going on with a first/possibly second year Bellows. Tripp offered to replace for free, I didn't take him up on it though because it really wasn't that bad and I didn't want to exploit a small company. I'll definitely go back to them in the future for gear.

Black Diamond

Ortovox: I've had a lot of weird behavior from my S1+ over the years. I got pretty fed up with it last year, it took a long email thread but 4 years after original purchase they're going to send me a new 3+ this October (I don't want another S1+).

Vans: When I used to snowboard, they hooked me up with free boa laces after mine broke. Mail would get lost a lot getting to my house and the first package never showed up, they overnighted the second one for me. Solid.

Voile: Always hook it up if something breaks (which is rare but does happen). Also in my splitboard days they upgraded my straps/buckles for free on my bindings.

Praxis: As countless others can attest, Keith stands behind his skis. Pretty amazing when I buy a pair of used skis and the owner corresponds with me multiple times about mount point. It's hard for me to justify buying anything but Praxis these days.

Asolo: Had a pair of mountaineering boots and the inner tongue ripped out on both on the same day (clearly reached a QC issue wear cycle). Took photos and they sent me brand new boots, didn't need to return the old ones.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

I just had a good result with Nissan. My wife's Murano was starting to develop a speed-variable, barely audible whining noise a couple of weeks ago. Last week, she was taking it in for an oil change and rear brakes so I asked her to have them check out the whining. Not surprisingly, it was the transmission, which that era of Murano was known for having problems. The car's original warranty was 5 years, 60k miles. We took it into the shop on 8/24. They researched it and it turns out Nissan had modified the original warranty to 10 years, 120k miles for transmissions. We bought the car on 9/2/07 so juuuuuust barely made it under the wire and definitely just by luck. Nissan is shipping a new tranny and paying the labor for replacement, no cost to us at all. That saved me about $6,000 from what I've seen for replacement. Thanks Nissan!

^^^ Had something similar on my wife's Toyota RAV4. 180k on the engine, and it was burning a lot of oil; Toyota did a complete ring job for free.

Patagonia, too many good stories to relate, not because their shit falls part, but that I have a lot of it (it pays to live near corporate headquarters.)

Marmot, had a pack with a manufacturing issue, they were out of stock, so told me to keep it since I needed it and sent me a voucher for when the new ones come in. My wife figured out how to fix the pack and Marmot allowed to buy a new, different pack with the voucher.

Sea to Summit, had a seam blow on a pillow. All they asked was for a picture and they sent me a new one.

MTH, has repaired wife's pants, but didn't replace (like Patagonia has), but not a complaint.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Arcteryx jacket approx 8 years old. Sent in to have seams on shoulders looked at and drawstrings replaced. Got a email from CS stating they were going to repair drawstrings but could not find any leaks. I responded with specific location on jacket and asked if they wouldn't mind replacing Velcro on sleeves. Next day I received a call from CS lady stating they were giving me a credit to pick out a jacket of equal value ($625) kick ass!

Keen also warrantied a pair of water sandals. Sent a photo of issue and received a credit for online purchase of equal value. I did not expect such a generous response as the shoes had certainly been well loved.

Mtn hardware has replaced the same zipper on ten year old jacket on two different occasions and freshened up the Velcro.

Not real impressed with Hestra. Shitty sew job on a pair of gloves that were less than 6 months old with 20 days on hill. Could have saved money on shipping and done just as shitty of a job.

Props to...rad customer service / warranty experiences

I had a rad experience with a product I bought from https://riptskinsystems.com/ when I asked them to replace just a broken piece from something I had purchased recently. I received a tracking number immediately and was quite pleased already. However, when I opened up the package, i found they replaced the whole thing. Very cool.

It's a pretty specific place to shop (handcare) but if you need something they sell, don't look elsewhere.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Props to...rad customer service / warranty experiences

I told 4FRNT I busted up a ski in the parking lot and they offered to replace it
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 08-31-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Props to this thread

I've only dealt with MEC - Patagonia - Arc'teryx

I have many other brands named in this thread and it's good to know if and when I need to return something it will be a positive experience.

Big props to Scarpa - when the ntn cracking problem happened, it was right before a big trip. The customer service guy told me they did not have any boot in country yet... So he sent me his personal shells to use for a month.
    Also to Burton for replacing just about anything. I even offered to pay for parts, because I knew they were out of warranty - but they would not take my money.

Props to Trew for giving the warranty option of picking out something from their remaining inventory of gear, or awaiting the new model year due in a month or so and picking from that.

Lafuma (also Eider, Millet etc) just replaced a part on a zero grav chair of their's that was like 4 years past its warranty.

Props to Prana for hooking up 3 new pairs of pants after the old ones (2-4 years old each) all started to rip in the same spot. No questions asked, dropped them off yesterday and the new ones are already on the way.

Smith for goggle replacement. Foam deteriorates and they have lifetime warranty
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

No love from Norona on a jacket that had a welded seam failure. It was outside the 5y warranty period but I figured I'd shoot them a couple pics and see what they would do. Turns out they were willing to do exactly nothing for me.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Reynolds Rims.
    Cracked a rim and they sent me a new one with in a week.
    Kuat
    Patigguci

Backcountry.com

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I told 4FRNT I busted up a ski in the parking lot and they offered to replace it
    Huh
    I bought some EHP's one summer directly from the factory. Skied about 12 times. Noticed the next summer when prepping for season that bases were delamming from the edges(rust under base). Looked like materials weren't properly wetted out during layup. Told no dice because it was over a year, even though it was obvious they couldn't have been used more than that season. It was a little disappointing, but they did hook me up with a sheet of UHMWPE so I can fix them, which was cool! FWIW, I blame Elan for the shitty build quality!

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Huh
    I bought some EHP's one summer directly from the factory. Skied about 12 times. Noticed the next summer when prepping for season that bases were delamming from the edges(rust under base). Looked like materials weren't properly wetted out during layup. Told no dice because it was over a year, even though it was obvious they couldn't have been used more than that season. It was a little disappointing, but they did hook me up with a sheet of UHMWPE so I can fix them, which was cool! FWIW, I blame Elan for the shitty build quality!
    Huh- mine were EHPs too, and they weren't even being produced any more. I suppose I didn't take them up on it and if I did, the tune might have changed.

Black Diamond. Alsays.
    Most recently, had a headlamp go bad.
    Sent me a new one, told me to keep the old one for parts.
    no questions, no problems.

More Patagonia love. Got 30 or so days in on one of their wetsuits and had a seam start to leak. Cold balls meant dawn patrol wasn't so fun anymore. Sent it in and flagged a little stretching around the neck etc. Got it back in a couple weeks with new seams, new neck/collar, and no bill.

No warranty issues here, but I bought a pair of Kingpin 13s last week from The Piste Office in Great Britain. The price was great ($435) shipped to UT, and took less than a week to get them.

Jon runs a good business; has great prices on tech bindings; and has good follow through.