Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Smith and BCA. Goggles foam fail and replacement was new and BCA radio failed and being replaced
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Osprey packs. Great every time.
    Agreed. "Lifetime warranty" has been just that.

no secret to anyone here but both BD and OR have been good to me lately

Backcountry.com is always pretty good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Would file Dynafit under "the mediocre" my Vertical FT's cracked on the plastic baseplate under the carbon. Forward pressure is fully fucked on one ski, failed at the top of an ascent. Had to ski strap my boot in to get to the car and they only response was that they were discontinued, and should probably be retired anyways. Granted they are 9 years old, they maybe have 70 days on them. Now I'm out a pair of bindings and a pair of skis, considering I had just remounted the bindings on a new (to me) pair of skis with one set of holes.
    I have a brand new pair of dynafit boots I'm having issues with. Have sent them a message a few days ago and zero response. tbc....

Props to Tecnica
    I have a pair of Cochise 130 boots, and the ski/hike mode selector broke on one boot last weekend. I emailed the warranty department on Tues evening, by Wed morning they sent a postage-paid next-day return label, no questions asked. I sent the shells out Wed afternoon at 2:00 pm, and received the boots back with BOTH ski/hike modes replaced by Fri morning by 10:00 am. 1.5 business days! To top it off, they replaced a broken buckle catch latch that keeps the buckle from slapping around when you walk. All this was done at no charge to me. I'm absolutely blown away by the amazing customer service Tecnica provided with my issue. Customer for life!

FTP has great customer service and props to Smith warranty for taking care of a pair of glasses that I had purchased many years ago.

Scarpa Japan for a maestrale walk mode fix Hokkaido to hakuba and back in 3 days gets a props. Dynafit hasn't responded to emails about broken buckles yet...

BD got me taken care of with two pairs of 18/19 tecton toes to replace my 17/18’s. Pretty quick, definitely painless.

Skimo.com is amazing- all the spare parts, and quick shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    Scarpa Japan for a maestrale walk mode fix Hokkaido to hakuba and back in 3 days gets a props.
    same experience a few years ago with Scarpa Japan, got the walk mode levers really quick
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Flylow CS is top notch in my book.
    Harvest the ride.

Black Diamond again for the win. Broke a tele binding toe piece a few weeks ago, and despite the binding being discontinued 4 years ago, they still sent me a replacement. Stellar CS always.

Goode Skis - won a pair of Goode Carbon Sorcerer last season that were too long - Goode offered to replace when new production came out this past fall . . . and, they did!!! Awesome CS through the whole process!!! May end up selling for price of binding!??!?!?!

Spy - had two lenses develop a rainbow shade - one while skiing . . . no response!

Spyder - bought a pair of shell pants at end of last season. Vent zippers have caused a slice on the edge of the taped zipper on each leg . . . no response!! Duck tape!!

Santa Cruz - replace the front triangle on my carbon frame due to some chipping on the clear coat finish even though the warranty was 2 years expired (did luck out that they had the frame in stock).

Kuat - replaced multiple parts in a few days from inquiring about replacements w free shipping no questions asked.

Patagonia - brought in 5 year old fleece and told them that the sleeves shrunk. They credited me full value of the jacket and I was able to replace it with a nano air jacket at no cost.

A week later and still no response from Dynafit. About to go HAM with a TGR style callout on them.

Props to blackcrows for a zipper break full refund hassle free pronto.

Its been so long since I emailed dynafit that I'd forgotten about it. Put me in for a ham sandwich assualt

EVO-I purchased goggles and paid for their shipping upgrade from economy which ended up being shipped with OnTrac. Not having the best luck with OnTrac in the past I was irritated having paid extra. On the delivery date I checked tracking and saw it was delivered to “front porch”. When I went to grab off the porch there wasn’t a delivery in site. My first call was to OnTrac and got the run around with the request to contact EVO in the morning. When I hit the EVO customer service page and saw email responses were two days I was dreading having to pick up the phone and call. I then saw the “text” option listed to customer service and within 3 minutes the EVO rep sent a replacement pair via UPS.
    Texting as an option for customer service was almost better than getting my goggles.
    FTP is always great.
    Tognar
    Racewax
    The guys in Alf’s at Alta.

Not so good
    Arc’teryx wouldn’t exchange an incorrect size I bought on a heavy discount. Full price was the only option offered.
    The biggest rental chain in Salt Lake I won’t name since it was one location. Taking my daughter in to rent and I measured her foot at 24.5. They brought out a 26.5 after measuring her themselves. +2 is the policy I was told. I asked for a 25.5 that worked ok for her.
    Not that I want more skiers in the canyon but how could anyone have a good day in boots that big that lead to them buying their own just as big if they don’t quit first.

Props to Head skis for replacing a ski that had delaminated that was past it's 1 year warranty

I've had two great experiences with Komperdell. Emailed the N.A. distributor and had replacement parts in hand less than a week later at no cost. First time was the upper half of a carbon touring pole that needed a new grip, second time was some baskets and associated pieces that I couldn't source locally.
    I can't say I agree with some of their designs, but the two sets of their poles in our fleet have been great.

Got warranty parts and gear from Dakine, Smith, and Black Diamond last week. All great experiences every time.

Had problem with Contour skins. Excellent and fast service.

hope i have a similar experience; out of warranty based on serial #. not sure i feel good about buying from BCA again; pretty light usuage on my end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7973.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	358.9 KB 
ID:	276095

You should retire that thing anyway. BCA will maybe even help you get a 3 antenna beacon.

Outdoor Reasearch just sent me a brand new pair of gloves and liners because a 2 yo pair was splitting at the seams. They paid shipping, got it out in like 2 days. All they asked was I write an x on the gloves so no one else warranties them.

Outdoor Research - the BEST as others have stated. Sent a 5 yr old pair of gloves to them that had a torn seam, new pair showed up a couple days later, no questions asked.

Arcteryx - Never had a problem other than the repair time. Two experiences, sent in a pair of ski pants where the gaiter was detached, repaired for free. Sent in a 8+ year old Sidewinder jacket w/ a broken main zipper and was told to just pick any NEW jacket off their website and they would send it to me, especially nice since the jacket I sent in was purchased at closeout for about $225.

Patagonia - they routinely repair my kids down jackets for free, if they can't fix it they just give credit for a new one. Outstanding.
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!