Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYBOYMATTHEW View Post
    I'll second that. Purchased a closeout Dakine midlayer for from Evo at an extreme discount, and a seam came apart on the inside hem of the jacket after a couple uses. Dakine told me to keep the jacket anyway, and gave me a credit for the full MSRP to use on ony of their products on their online store.
    Good to hear. I looked into a warranty on a dakine water bladder that broke at the bite valve with very little use and they responded months later explaining another company makes the water bladder they use in their backpacks and to contact them. Thought that was weak.

Oh the zipper broke? We don’t actually make the zippers, only the logo patch

Not necessarily ski gear but it is warm wear. Duluth Trading. I only slightly complained to them about a pair of pants that had worn unexpectedly in one spot. They sent me a new pair no questions asked. I tried to send them a picture and then they offered the free pair as a response to that. They actually just asked to confirm my address and it was done. Blown away by that level of service.

Smith did me right last season when I found these weird grey spots on the top of my helmet (only one season old) that looked like the plastic was degrading. They asked me to send it in and then they replaced it, no questions asked.

Good customer service paid off. Went to upgrade my goggles for this season and I knew where I was going.

North Face. Got sodomized by my jester heel and ripped my ass off of my 3 year old north face pants. Emailed them said they couldn’t give me a discount or replace them, told me to call. Called customer service he told me that they could take $10 off a new pair. Bought a new pair and they never charged my credit card. When the pants came had a north face sticker in the box. Still wearing those pants its been 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Props to...rad customer service / warranty experiences

I wrote G3 about the differences between the updated Zed and the original I purchased last year. They asked me to mail in my heels so they could upgrade them with the newer beefier parts. I got them back a week after, cleaned up and ready to rip. Pretty stoked on that service.

eta: i can’t tell if they just shipped me new heels. they’re so clean, the risers look new, no screw wear in the back....
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Went to the Moment factory w/ a pair of Swiss Cheesed OG Bibby's and Fasa spent like an hour finding a clear spot to mount my Pivots... solid guys who make solid skis.

MagLite sure did me right.

I sent back two ~20 y/o lights for rebuild. Really psyched. They’ve been through lots of adventures. It was like Christmas when UPS showed up.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Wolftooth components.
    I totally messed up modifying a rubber tool sleeve for an in-handlebar tool system, and cut too much material off. I copped to it and asked there advice, and they sent me a $30 sleeve kit no charge.
    And they make great stuff!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The Great -

Arcteryx (again (and again). Had a Beta AR, little use but about 10 years old that was delamming at the bottom at the cinch elastic. Sent it in and they said "gheesh, we're real busy, can we just give you a new one so it doesn't take so long. FKNA - really?. Yeah sure, just pick out a color.

Then, since I loved the old cardinal red, I asked if they'd send the old one back, as I'm OK using heat tape. They said "sure".

This isn't my first warranty issue with my Arc gear, and they've always been awesome.

The shitty-

Mountain Hardware. Sent in my Beryllium jacket for repair (again delam), and they said "sorry, too old". (Gotta love them "lifetime" warranties). Now this is a jacket that has extremely little use, and looks virtually brand new. I called and they said the same thing. Gee, thanks guys. I got it back, and again went to town with my heat tape, and it works fine.

No more Mountain Hardware for me.

I know it’s been said before but I’ll reiterate - Freeride Systems. Tore a hole in my jacket, reached out to find out the best repair method to use with the jacket material and they sent me a patches, instructions on how to install said patches as well as a step by step example using a tear similar to the one I had based on photos I provided them. All of this on their dime and shipped to Canada. Yeah, I’ll use them again for sure.

"...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by Woolie12 View Post
    The Great -

Arcteryx (again (and again). Had a Beta AR, little use but about 10 years old that was delamming at the bottom at the cinch elastic. Sent it in and they said "gheesh, we're real busy, can we just give you a new one so it doesn't take so long. FKNA - really?. Yeah sure, just pick out a color..
    yeah they don't bother fixing that ^^ I just sent one in for that cinch elastic at the bottom and a broken zip

the store i sent it thru did comment that the ductape GF used to hold it together invalidates the warranty,

GF had found the beta so there was no bill and she couldn't believe i got warranty
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Evo really impressed me this past week.

Order some binders. They shipped the wrong ones -- admittedly not many people give a fuck about the difference between the SPX Dual (which I ordered) and the SPX GW (which I received).

I explained why I needed the former, but they didn't have any Dual's left. So they gave me my choice of 3 equivalent DIN13 binders that accept WTR for a straight exchange.

Always liked them -- prices are hard to beat plus they employ GregL. But this just upped them as e-retailer of choice.

I stripped a bolt on my Zinus bed and couldn't reassemble it after a move. Figured I'd give them a shot before i figured out what I needed from Mcmaster Carr. Part arrived yesterday, little hassle. That purchase could have been from any shitty Amazon brand, glad it was from them instead.

Props to...rad customer service / warranty experiences

Nearly 20 year old Gore-Tex North Face jacket still in cosmetically really good shape started leaking really bad. I emailed them about the Gore-Tex guarantee and lifetime warranty and told them the jacket was super old, so I didn’t know if the warranty would still apply. They instructed me to send it in and they would test it. They confirmed the leak, told me they no longer make that jacket and sent me a gift card to purchase a new one! Honestly shocked they did this, but I have since heard several other people with similar positive experiences with NF warranty items.
    Last edited by jimmiepoison; 08-22-2021 at 06:20 PM.

Ortrovox was great on recall of S1 and shipped brand new 3+ at no cost

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Kuat continues to take care of any issues that I've ever had with their racks no questions asked and free shipping to boot.

Ortovox handled my S1 recall w a 3+ replacement as well.

I'll echo TNF (sent in a mid-90s Mountain Light for zipper repair; they sent me gift card for what I paid 25 years ago) and Smith (sent in some prob 5 year old IOs with delam'ing face foam, they also replaced fully).

Non skiing related, All-Clad just sent me a brand new nonstick skillet after I emailed pictures of my 12 year old one with scratches and asked if I could pay to have it re-lined! Didn't even ask for the old one back so now I have a beater and a new one.

Just wanna give props to Sego for awesome CS.

Bought a pair of Big Horns from their blemish sale at the end of season. Noted blems were minor knicked edge and dimpled sidewall, but once they arrived, I also noticed one ski was about 2 mm or so wider than the other (basically the width of an edge).

This probably wouldn't have been anything noticeable on snow, but thought I'd reach out to Sego anyway to let them know without any expectations. They were pretty quick and responsive throughout the whole process, letting me ship the skis back for inspection and shipping out new '22 Big Horns back to me at no additional cost (keeping in mind the blems I paid for were at a steep discount). At the end of the day, these were blem skis and feel other companies may have just responded with 'SOL', maybe some store credit at most.

Last summer Arc'tyrex replaced my harness because the plastic gear loops were pulling apart from the nylon underneath it so they were completely useless. That was really cool. Too bad that the replacement harness is doing the same thing in less than a year.

Shout-out to Kuat for great customer service:

I have an original Kuat NV bike rack (receiver hitch tray style, holds 2 bikes), which I bought in 2011. It's a 1 1/4" hitch rack, and that size rack and/or the hitch on my car are somewhat flexy -- Class I hitches just aren't that impressive. I usually only carry 1 bike on the Kuat rack, rarely 2 bikes for any distance.

I noticed that the metal on the Kuat rack had ovalized where the pin pops in place (springloaded pin that holds the bike tray horizontal, and also allows for tilting the tray vertical, or angling it down away from the car). The ovalized metal was allowing the rack to flop up/down with bike weight on the rack, which I really noticed last week when I tried putting two bikes on it.

Called Kuat this morning, described the issue. They looked up my registration in the system. Kuat not only immediately warrantied it with a free replacement, they also allowed me to swap for a 2" base for the rack at no extra charge. Awesome customer service.

I can't fit the 2" mount onto my car's 1 1/4" hitch, but I'll just use the rack on my wife's RAV4 instead, which does have a 2" receiver. I also have a roof rack on the car, with Thule Sidearm bike trays, and I can just use those instead of the hitch rack.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Orvis rod repair has done me right, and quickly

I don’t remember if I posted this yet, but whenever you send something back for warranty, always add a few regional snacks for the people in the warranty department.
    I’ve never had a claim refused when a few bags of ketchup Old Dutch and Hawkins Cheezies are in the box.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

It appears to be my year to warranty stuff.

I have a 2008 Haro Mary singlespeed, which is cracking on the welds on the downtube gusset on both sides. Small cracks, but right in the middle of the weld, looks like poor weld penetration. I bought the bike new, and assumed it was well past warranty - and then happened to look at the paperwork when searching for another receipt: Haro warranties the frame for life. I emailed Haro (with full expectation that they'd say no, it's too old) - and they're sending me a new frame, 13 years later! Unfortunately the only Mary frames they have left are 16" and mine is an 18". Going to see if Mrs C will ride it.

I would not have faulted them at all for rejecting it. I'm kind of amazed they warrantied it.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Warranty Haro is here!

A. the fact that they have frames leftover is astounding and
    B. that they honored it (props) and
    C. that they had frames at all for warranty in this climate

honestly impressed, especially from a brand that's been kind of a lost soul (IMHO) for the past few years.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"