Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mammut warranting my RAS 3.0
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    You should retire that thing anyway. BCA will maybe even help you get a 3 antenna beacon.
    that’s the move, though i question the engineering (with data to back that up) at BCA based on extremely light usage with this one. we’ll see, sending it back to them shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    You should retire that thing anyway. BCA will maybe even help you get a 3 antenna beacon.
    AFAIK Tracker2 IS a 3 antenna beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by aanev View Post
    AFAIK Tracker2 IS a 3 antenna beacon.
    Ah you are right.

Just had an excellent experience with Black Diamond replacing a headlamp. Was told it would take a while, and it did. But they were excellent about it.

Intuition Liners

Skied a pair for three seasons and tongue finally snapped. Emailed photos, explained how long I’ve used them, didn’t expect much.

About 5 minutes later I get a response asking for size and model.

Two days later they’re at my door. New ones are at my door.

Unreal.

Thanks a ton, Intuition Liners!

Black Diamond

I ordered replacement sole blocks last night (Friday night) at 8pm pacific time. Got a shipping confirmation Saturday morning at 6
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Just had an excellent experience with Black Diamond replacing a headlamp. Was told it would take a while, and it did. But they were excellent about it.
    Just got email saying 3-4 weeks before I may get a response on warranty request on Vipec toe I just submitted. Guess I need to figure out something else for spring skiing.

Props to...rad customer service / warranty experiences

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Just got email saying 3-4 weeks before I may get a response on warranty request on Vipec toe I just submitted. Guess I need to figure out something else for spring skiing.
    Give them a call. They’re usually very helpful. They are also very busy.

Mountain Hardwear replaced the zipper for free on a 7 year old tent that was a warranty replacement for a several year old tent. Took 6 weeks. Before I sent the tent in I called customer service to see what the chances were that they would honor the lifetime warranty. I started to tell them how old it was, not heavily used, blah, blah--never got the chance. They said we replace bad zippers. Send it in.

Head Warranty department for sending a comp ski to me for a ski that blew apart!

TNF kindly replaced a zipper on a pocket on a pretty old well used pair of ski pants

Stiched specialties in midvale fixed a busted zipper pull on my boat box for free
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Exped repaired a leaking sleeping pad for me for free. The impressive part? It had been warrantied before. I bought it at an rei garage sale, used 3 or 4 times and it started leaking. Had repaired myself, little improvement. Their policy clearly states that REI garage sale items are not available for warrantee, but are eligible to be fixed for a nominal price. Paid to ship the pad to them, they shipped it back repaired, didn't charge me anything. I wouldn't say that's what I would expect from them, but I will be supporting them whenever my wife needs a sleeping pad for snow camping

Freeride Systems/Fulsus- Haven't needed warranty service, the jacket is bomber! But when/if I do, Micol will be on it.

Eddie Bauer First Ascent mitts started coming undone at a seam, emailed them, they sent a prepaid label in electronic form, and gonna send me brand new mitts.

Metal tip fell out of Evo branded pole. I asked for just the tip, hehe. They sent new poles right away.

Dynafit: Bart at Salewa in Boulder replaced both faulty speed radical housings (cracked and at least 10 yrs old) and threw in some new brakes as well.

Dynafit are still warrantying those Radcials which were lemons from the git go ... good to see !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Blew out the crotch on my Trewth bibs and Trew offered to replace them instead of repair. Unfortunately, they didn't have my size/color but they offered to just send me some when the new line comes out next season.

Black Diamond's warranty department just tried to convince me gloves are not apparel. When that didn't work the gloves were too old. Here's their warranty.

We trust what we make because we use what we make. If for any reason, you're not 100% satisfied with your Black Diamond apparel, we'll repair, replace, or refund it. No charge. No fine print. No debate. Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Dynafit are still warrantying those Radcials which were lemons from the git go ... good to see !
    Yeah they replaced my buddy’s heels.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Yeah they replaced my buddy’s heels.
    Mine too this year.

I have kacked one Rad heel and the Dynafit rep got a replacement to me really quick, like in a few days

I don't know if the Rad is really 10 yrs old but they are all a ticking time bomb so i wondered how many years out Dynafit would be replacing them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Topeak.
    I have lost a few pump and tool bits, they always send out replacements super quick with no charge.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident