Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    From what I have heard from those that have been in a real war with friends dying and guts flying, you don't want a real war. Worse than hell and this one has already come home.
    Not to mention we can't afford a real war--we already spend over $500 billion to fight guys with Kalishnikovs who sit in the back of pickup trucks...and we're not winning.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by kim jong un View Post
    Not to mention we can't afford a real war--we already spend over $500 billion to fight guys with Kalishnikovs who sit in the back of pickup trucks...and we're not winning.
    We should encourage them all to immigrate to Kalifornia where they'll be excessively fined "unsafe" driving. Letting them live in Kalifornia is the surest way to bankrupt ISIS, along with any other terrorist organizations.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

This am the report is a failure in the steering gear. Potential hacking of the computer system controls.

Remains found at sea and in the crushed compartments.
    watch out for snakes

My money is that the ship damage is an intentional operation by a foreign power to reduce our navy proceeding an eventual attack.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

The ChiComs are like "All your warships are belong to us".

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My money is that the ship damage is an intentional operation by a foreign power to reduce our navy proceeding an eventual attack.
    That, or the fan in the doorway to the main server room got unplugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    The ChiComs are like "All your warships are belong to us".

then all the data screens go blank and display a game of Ms. Pacman

Quote Originally Posted by kim jong un View Post
    That, or the fan in the doorway to the main server room got unplugged.
    I'm glad that has not gone forgotten.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Perhaps the navy should update its required reading list?
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I remember a ways back they were upgrading some stuff on the ships and they were talking bout going with COTS windows platforms to much uproar in the IT community d/t potential vulnerability. Perhaps that is what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    But anyway, I would argue, we are long over due for a real war. I mean an ass kicking, oh shit moment, where every fucking ounce, every fucking inch can make a make defense.
    Well, the rest of us, who are not psychopaths, would much prefer that we avoid a major war, thanks.

And did I mention the fucking instead of fighting 18!yr olds do?
    The consensus seems to be that the fucking is not the problem, it's the rampant raping. Rampant raping that often punishes the raped more severely than the rapist. Fixing the military's rape problem would probably do a lot to improve morale. Not fighting bullshit wars would help a lot, too.

This am the report is a failure in the steering gear. Potential hacking of the computer system controls.
    That brightened my morning.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Hell's up with the US Navy? Another ship collision. 10 sailors missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Well, the rest of us, who are not psychopaths, would much prefer that we avoid a major war, thanks.

The consensus seems to be that the fucking is not the problem, it's the rampant raping. Rampant raping that often punishes the raped more severely than the rapist. Fixing the military's rape problem would probably do a lot to improve morale. Not fighting bullshit wars would help a lot, too.
    And what a great solution you have. Mix up the ranks some more. Send some to jail, some to maternity leave, and hope our state of readiness is intact.

I wonder how that would have worked on Iwo when men couldn't afford to take a shit in fear of being bayoneted by a jap in a spider hole, so they shat their pants for a month. Fighting an enemy where 99% were willing to die and did die.

Man I hope we never go to war again.
    Last edited by Cono Este; 08-22-2017 at 11:30 AM.

And what a great solution you have. Mix up the ranks some more. Send some to jail, some to maternity leave, and hope our state of readiness is intact.

I wonder how that would have worked on Iwo when men couldn't afford to take a shit in fear of being bayoneted by a jap in a spider hole, so they shat their pants for a month. Fighting an enemy where 99% were willing to die and did die.

Man I hope we never go to war again.
    Ask the Russians. They had women in combat in WWII. Seemed to be an asset against the best Germany had to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Ask the Russians. They had women in combat in WWII. Seemed to be an asset against the best Germany had to offer.
    Snipers and pilots only, I believe. Never heard of them serving on warships.

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    When the enemy is within spitting distance of your town, and you're all eating shoe leather, you can send whoever you want out as infantry.

I, on the other hand, would prefer to avoid that predicament.

Plenty of combat positions woman are well suited for, putting them in Frontline Infantry platoons with other men, is not a good idea in my opinion.

"This am the report is ......... Potential hacking of the computer system controls."

Brietbart of RT? Could not find your quote.

From what I'm feeling in some other threads and as long as we are guessing, this it is a valid guess. The previous night of debauchery that had followed all the previous nights at sea had lowered the capability of the crew to sail the ship. I blame the brass as they must be incapable of enforcing or (more likely IMO) ok with not following the order to "keep it in your pants". My USN nephew described how the order came down to him 3 years ago and what he was told gives credence to my guess.

I'll keep following the guesses of the pros

Some background

http://gcaptain.com/separate-equal-l...rchant-marine/
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    "This am the report is ......... Potential hacking of the computer system controls."

Brietbart of RT? Could not find your quote.

From what I'm feeling in some other threads and as long as we are guessing, this it is a valid guess. The previous night of debauchery that had followed all the previous nights at sea had lowered the capability of the crew to sail the ship. I blame the brass as they must be incapable of enforcing or (more likely IMO) ok with not following the order to "keep it in your pants". My USN nephew described how the order came down to him 3 years ago and what he was told gives credence to my guess.

I'll keep following the guesses of the pros

Some background

http://gcaptain.com/separate-equal-l...rchant-marine/
    You read Breitbart?

Enemy Recon. Family tradition. My personal contribution to support the war effort. We ARE at war you know. It's what we do.

Wow. That is a VERY interesting link.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

the gcaptain article really does not pertain. These are military ships. The captain and crew should know how to avoid other ships. Pretty obvious to our enemies they can go out and buy some derelict Liberian flagged tankers and just run them into our destroyers. Why bother with the expensive stuff. This is a sad showing by the naval command.
    off your knees Louie

Hi everyone. I am actually on the bridge of my ship typing this. We are tied to a dock, not underway.
    The Gcaptain article from a few years ago hits on what most professional sailors/ seaman agree on, CNO sends SWO's out ill prepared. I have worked alongside dozens of active duty SWO's. 99 % of them would be fine if they were better trained. IMO the USN should continue to move towards hybrid crews for Warships. I operated in the sulu sea on a very low profile mission that supported JSOTF-P. We had 120-130 Active duty and 40 civilians. We had UAV's, boats and helos. Worked with all sorts of assets operating there. It was a beautiful thing while it lasted. Efficient and effective. We were the test platform for Afloat Forward Sea Basing. The most recent collision with the McCain appears to be mechanical failure. Who knows. It is very common for ships there to run 4 wide as they funnel into the TSS( traffic separation scheme) often as close as 0.2 nm between each vessel. As tragic as these incidents are, this recent one could be unrelated to the bigger issue of the existing culture of promotion driven career paths as stated in the GCaptain article I mostly agree with. I would be happy to answer any questions for the next couple hours. I get relieved at 0600 texas time.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Harry, Ever run boats out of Zambo??????
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

You belong here in this. Keep us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    Harry, Ever run boats out of Zambo??????
    Harry, ever run hookers out of Subic?

Daniel Ortega eats here.