Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

FS: 8TH ANNUAL FREERIDE SYSTEMS THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN UP TO $250

8TH ANNUAL FREERIDE SYSTEMS THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN UP TO $250

LAST DAY FOR THIS IS WED NOVEMBER 15, 2017

From our 2016 Post:
    Hello all. I started this program 8 ski seasons ago as a way to help gain some traction for our unique made in Colorado ski jackets. I looked at some of those jackets yesterday and realize that we have come a long way from pretty humble beginnings. The company started with a piece of webbing that I cobbled together with a plastic sewing machine bought in Silverthorne, CO. I made a "system" for "freeride" a simple strap carry system that made accessing inbounds "hike to" terrain easier. Today we make jackets in Colorado and serve customers from ABC News Worldwide to the Colorado Avalanche Information Center to skiers that care about how and where their garments are made as well as many commercial customers through private label and OEM production. This company started on these forums after I had been a member for several years and I am still active here today. I thank TGR maggots,and the hard work and persistence from my team for the good fortune that followed. Thank you !

NEW FOR 2017-18 : You may trade 2 jackets ! Wooo ! or Ski Pants !

I am pleased to present our program for trading your used/abused old jackets or pants for our new made in Colorado fully seam taped jackets. The limit for your trades this year is up to $250 trade in value. I remember when we were hard pressed to sell our early production janky jackets for $150 We have come a long way and I am proud to be the only company I know of making seam sealed waterproof breathable jackets at this level within Colorado. And, one of the few in the USA. We now operate some of the best seam taping machines in the world from right here in the Rocky Mountain Region and a long way from the villages of China and Vietnam who made seam taping an art, after Gore/Sylvania pioneered the process here in the USA.

New Styles and Colors for 2017-18

New Jacket Style Antero 5 which has a hood that zips into the collar
    New Colors or weights: Desert Camo Gore-tex, New Blurple weight, and more...

We also have several new jacket styles as well as new Small Tall and Medium Tall sizes and some cool new colors for the Antero II + hardshell jackets. We have a lot of styles and colors so please take your time and check out our offerings at www.freeridesystems.com

This program can end at any time due to our constraints on taking unlimited amounts of used jackets. So, please move forward accordingly. We will announce the end of the program as it approaches and when it finally ends in this thread.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here are the rules for the program this year:

2017-2018 Season THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN RULES

UP to $250

Rules

YOU CANNOT USE OUR DISCOUNT CODES AND THE TRADE IN PROGRAM IN ONE TRANSACTION - SORRY IN ADVANCE !

1. Notify Freeride Systems Trade In Coordinator in Advance of your desire to trade in a jacket(s) or pants. Notification request should be sent using our "Contact" page form Please state the style name of the Freeride Jacket you intend to buy and reference "Threads for Shreds Trade In" in subject line. Include your email address. http://www.freeridesystems.com/contact Wait for our return email, then:

2. Send pictures of your trade, estimated age of trade, brand name, model name if possible and description of condition. Please note repairs, damage, smells,stains, pet hair, zipper functionality and any other important information. All zippers must be functioning smoothly. Generally speaking we can deal with rips and tears but smells and pet hair are a deal killer. Please remove smells and pet hair before sending your trade.

3. Freeride Trade Coordinator will tender an offer to you via email which contains an Actual Cash Value for your trade(s) . If the $dollar amount is satisfactory to you, mail us your jacket(s) or pants using delivery confirmation. We will provide you are mailing address at that time. Upon receipt of your jacket, Freeride's coodinator will email you a Product discount code that will equal the Actual Cash Value. You pay for postage to Freeride's offices for your trade . Please insure your parcel and request delivery receipt and submit a tracking number to program coordinator. If there is a discrepancy regarding condition, Freeride reserves the right to send your jacket back to you. So, good pictures and communication are key. We have had this happen almost zero times so the program usually has no to few surprises for you the customer. You cannot use both trade in discount and a discount code (double dip) in the same transaction.

4. Upon receipt of your trade in discount code, you need to complete the checkout process within 14 days. If you cannot complete the checkout process, you can mail a check, money order, or paypal to recover return postage of your garment. If you leave your garment for over 60 days without paying for return postage it will be considered abandoned. Your jacket will be donated and you will not receive any proceeds or credit.

5. We will make a product in our online store called "return postage" where you can pay and complete the transaction for the return of your garment(s) with credit card or paypal. We will ship your garment(s) USPS Priority Mail back to you. The charge is for a Large flat rate priority mail box. Please do not ask us to stuff your jacket into a too small tiny box to save a couple of dollars.

6. These are the rules of the Threads for Shreds Jacket trade in program. Freeride Systems reserves the right to change or update the rules as needed. By participating in this process you agree to follow these rules.

7. This program was used effectively last season 2016-2017.

8. Please ask all questions in advance to help@freeridesystems.com

LAST DAY FOR THIS IS WED NOVEMBER 15, 2017
    Last edited by MiCol; 11-02-2017 at 05:44 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

We got a line on some 3 Layer Gore-tex military desert camo and thought about doing something cool, not a hunting jacket, not mercenary tool, but a high grade ski jacket, seam taped, doubled up elbow fabric and of course like all of our jackets, made in Colorado with caring hands....

UPDATE: 8/21/17 1st Batch of Camo jackets are completed and ready to ship

This is a new jacket style: Antero 5 Hood zips into collar ( We are also making this jacket in 3 or 4 solid Polartec Neoshell colors)

PLEASE NOTE THIS IMPORTANT UPDATE 8/15/17
    WE have had to not install the interior front zips because it is catching the wheels on our seam taping machines. Therefore all jackets will not have the front zipper. We have left the anchor points to attach the collar and end of coughs from the fleece to the jacket but that is all for this first production run. Sorry for any inconvenience. We are going to have to redesign The front interior zipper's for a later production run. The jacket will still be fully seem taped down the front behind the main jacket zipper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CamoJacket_1-FRS.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	210567

Name:	CamoJacket_7-FRS.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	210562

Name:	DSC_0394.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	210563
    Last edited by MiCol; 08-21-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    We got a line on some 3 Layer Gore-tex military desert camo and thought about doing something cool, not a hunting jacket, not mercenary tool, but a high grade ski jacket, seam taped, doubled up elbow fabric and of course like all of our jackets, made in Colorado with caring hands....

This is a new jacket style: Antero 5 Hood zips into collar ( We are also making this jacket in 3 or 4 solid Polartec Neoshell colors)

This jacket has interior zippers for combining with our Harrison Fleece Vests and Jackets so that they can be zipped together making a one piece heavy winter jacket, or you can just wear it as a shell....

No love for Small? I love my Blue antero 2!!

Can you get goretex in Multicam Black?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Can you get goretex in Multicam Black?
    no, not right now., I wish ....I was kinda lucky to get this desert.

FTR: I am always trying to buy camo when its available but don't want non premium branded because it is not very breathable nor durable. I pass on a lot of patterns that are made from generic 3 layer or PU coated
    www.freeridesystems.com

This jacket has interior zippers for combining with our Harrison Fleece Vests and Jackets so that they can be zipped together making a one piece heavy winter jacket, or you can just wear it as a shell....

!!!

So sick!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Would you say the sleeve length is longer than most other brands? I sometimes have to bump to an xl in order to make a jacket work for me.

Camo is on point!
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Would you say the sleeve length is longer than most other brands? I sometimes have to bump to an xl in order to make a jacket work for me.
    I generally wear a 40-42 long sport coat or suit and the medium FS jackets fit well and the sleeves are plenty long. I couldn't jam a thick puffy under a medium but I don't need to most active days.

Sleeve length seems plenty long for me. I usually need a 35 sleeve in shirts and the M is plenty long.

Now the body itself -- that is a bit short IMHO. But I guess I should've gotten one of these Medium Talls.

large tall would fit the bill, but...

Yes our sleeves do run longer to prevent glove gap. if you don't need the extra link you can control that with the Velcro cuffs

I wear a large and would wear a 36" dress shirt sleeve and have plenty of sleeve for inbound or backcountry skiing. However, I do go to a xl for sleeves if on snowmobile as I'm moving around all over sled and rails depending on snow depth so that can mean a lot of far reaching to keep hold of the bars
    Last edited by MiCol; 08-15-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Large talls are coming, probably October limited colors this year,

Doe - send kyle@freeridesystems.com an email and see if he can help you get that worked out
    www.freeridesystems.com

^^^^done thanks

Thanks for those noting the camo. This is the real deal Barry compliant stuff that was used for military contracts. So it is authentic pattern.

Here are my thoughts on it. The US military jackets that were made from this fabric for armed forces are terrible cuts and most do not have pockets but reach through holes to access other garments pockets. Our Antero 5 pattern is same body as the antero 2+ and 3 but with the added collar storage compartment for hood. With the hood deployed it works against the elements like our 2 and 2+ collars. So basically the coolness of real military fabric combined with our ski jacket technology. I've been wearing samples this summer to test and check for issues with breathability and did not really find any issues with heat except rain days with 60-70 deg temps, therefore I did not feel the need to put pit zips in this first production batch since most use should be below 50 deg as this fabric is burlier and not the perfect fly weight rain shell anyway
    www.freeridesystems.com

What's the diff in the $419 neoshell jacket and the one at $389? Thanks

What's the diff in the $419 neoshell jacket and the one at $389? Thanks
    The biggest differences are the hood collar designs which are like arcteryx beta style with 2+ vs the one piece design of hood collars of the 3 which is similar to most other ski jacket brands. I should mention that the 2+ prevails in downhill descents with speed and that has to do with directing wind and elements off the face by way of the color and has nothing to do with the body of the jacket. The design is not exactly arcTeryx style as we made changes that create significant differences in performance from their garments

The advantage Of the 2+ collar is evident if you wear both styles of jackets in extreme conditions. Not so much in mild conditions. The 2+ is the style I wear to ski but the three I wear on a snowmobile with a helmet when I will be switching to skiing or just riding the sled

also there are differences with internal pockets with the 2+ having some open waist storage areas that the three does not
    Last edited by MiCol; 08-15-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Thanks much....i might be on board!

Thanks much....i might be on board!
    You're welcome you may need to read my response again as I edited it several times with afterthoughts
    www.freeridesystems.com

Real gear has long sleeves. Keep up the good work!

May I suggest that you leverage your descriptions above into a product comparison page? I know ... more web authoring. I struggle with this as a small business owner as well.

I have to bet however, that your website organization scares a lot of people away. I certainly has had this effect on me.

Best I can tell, you have 4 models: 2, 2+, 3 and 5. The 2 & the 3 appear to be redundant, but I'm sure there's a difference and a product summary page would be helpful.

I finally made it to page 6. Your skin pouch looks great (check it out folks).

Best of luck with growing FRS!

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 08-15-2017 at 06:33 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Real gear has long sleeves. Keep up the good work!

May I suggest that you leverage your descriptions above into a product comparison page? I know ... more web authoring. I struggle with this as a small business owner as well.

I have to bet however, that your website organization scares a lot of people away. I certainly has had this effect on me.

Best I can tell, you have 4 models: 2, 2+, 3 and 5. The 2 & the 3 appear to be redundant, but I'm sure there's a difference and a product summary page would be helpful.

I finally made it to page 6. Your skin pouch looks great (check it out folks).

Best of luck with growing FRS!

... Thom
    Thanks, if you guys like long sleeves you will love our "gauntlet" cuff base layer shirt releasing very soon....

as for the webnet.... I do it all myself so there are lots of issues there for sure as well as room for improvement. I will take your comments and go in and try to think about things from that context and add , delete, and better organize. This usually happens during sleepless nights between 2-5am. Sounds like a comparison chart is just the ticket.

I'm barely over noob level on web coding and design....but usually try to keep it simple, but that outcome is sometimes averted. One of my favorite early sites had flash with snow flakes falling over pics and loud euro music that came with a template i bought. I thought it was awesome, however, the masses response was some ppl saying they hit first page and left immediately.

I should say that the billing and e-commerce platform is a national company and 100% secure and performs without a hitch. I've also experienced zero fraud problems which is a good thing for our customers and the company.

so, there has been improvement, but it is def no top shelf flight website....yet......
    Last edited by MiCol; 08-16-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

I get it. It's a constant battle - keeping up with all of the hats you have to wear, and small guys like us can't allocate the $10K to have someone else mess up a website design when we're fully capable of messing it up ourselves

Feel free to contact me if you'd like my take. I'm probably ahead of you in some areas (and I found an outstanding web-authoring tool for WordPress) and behind in others (eCommerce). Just link to the website in my signature line and click the "contact" tab for my e-mail address and phone number (the sig. line is only visible on full-size screens).

I'm pretty new to eCommerce (where you're probably ahead of me). In preparation for getting my wife's site up and eCommerce ready, I took an online course at lynda.com on WooCommerce. There's a wealth of information in that 4 hour course. I just poked around your page source and see you're using "Big Cartel" however, so maybe this is useless information for you. Transitioning from one platform to another is never a joy.

I recently made my life a bit better by setting up a sandbox (testing) environment to work through things like this.

In that WooCommerce class, he has a great section on how you can set up a single product page for a piece of clothing (instead of one product for each color/size combo). He shows you how to add drop-downs for color and size - even allowing you to set different pricing for any color size combination (like charging a premium price for fuscia / XXXL).

Thanks, if you guys like long sleeves you will love our "gauntlet" cuff base layer shirt releasing very soon....

as for the webnet.... I do it all myself so there are lots of issues there for sure as well as room for improvement. I will take your comments and go in and try to think about things from that context and add , delete, and better organize. This usually happens during sleepless nights between 2-5am. Sounds like a comparison chart is just the ticket.

I'm barely over noob level on web coding and design....but usually try to keep it simple, but that outcome is sometimes averted. One of my favorite early sites had flash with snow flakes falling over pics and loud euro music that came with a template i bought. I thought it was awesome, however, the masses response was some ppl saying they hit first page and left immediately.

I should say that the billing and e-commerce platform is a national company and 100% secure and performs without a hitch. I've also experienced zero fraud problems which is a good thing for our customers and the company.

so, there has been improvement, but it is def no top shelf flight website....yet......
    ... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I get it. It's a constant battle - keeping up with all of the hats you have to wear, and small guys like us can't allocate the $10K to have someone else mess up a website design when we're fully capable of messing it up ourselves

Feel free to contact me if you'd like my take. I'm probably ahead of you in some areas (and I found an outstanding web-authoring tool for WordPress) and behind in others (eCommerce). Just link to the website in my signature line and click the "contact" tab for my e-mail address and phone number (the sig. line is only visible on full-size screens).

I'm pretty new to eCommerce (where you're probably ahead of me). In preparation for getting my wife's site up and eCommerce ready, I took an online course at lynda.com on WooCommerce. There's a wealth of information in that 4 hour course. I just poked around your page source and see you're using "Big Cartel" however, so maybe this is useless information for you. Transitioning from one platform to another is never a joy.

I recently made my life a bit better by setting up a sandbox (testing) environment to work through things like this.

In that WooCommerce class, he has a great section on how you can set up a single product page for a piece of clothing (instead of one product for each color/size combo). He shows you how to add drop-downs for color and size - even allowing you to set different pricing for any color size combination (like charging a premium price for fuscia / XXXL).

... Thom
    Hey Thom, before I track you down.....take a look again starting from main page and then clicking on either "Shopping" or "Products". I edited and rearranged the list of categories (e.g. Antero II, 3, etc) as well as added some additional grouping categories. Then follow on through to a jacket product page and click near the top of description where I have added a link to a comparison page. See if this helps with the issues and confusion you were thinking about.

As for quantity of jackets displayed my hands are tied to this (BC) platform due to an early choice for BC and now being not so sure where all my images are located for products. I have gone through about 3 computers since I have been on Big Cartel and images are everywhere. This means I would either have to try to steal them from my current site, hunt them down, or recreate. Also, I will say BC would not be my current 1st choice for a platform. Changing the site is just such a daunting and time consuming thought.

The BC platform only allows for 5 images per product, most of my jacket styles have significantly more colorways so that is also a limitation with regard to having a single product like Antero II and then showing 25 images with all the colors. Also, I would love to be able to dial down pricing to a specific sku but it's not going to happen on this platform. thanks, mc

ps I've been to your site in the past and you're stuff is ultra cool. When I was in school lived with a roommate whose family had audiophile stores and when I first visited his parent's house I saw a weird looking stereo with all kind of tubes, dials and things, and I said " I thought you guys were in the high end stereo business" , he said, "That's a Macintosh, dumb ass !" - I have hearing aids and profound hearing loss from birth so I never really was able to get into audiophile quality stuff. I just have to turn everything way up
    www.freeridesystems.com

I might have missed it the first time around (or maybe this is the edit you made). I now see at the top:

• Antero II Series Softshell Jackets
    • Antero II Plus Hardshell Series Jackets
    • Antero 3 Hardshell Series Jackets
    • Antero 5 Zip Hood Collar Series Jackets

Folks - that compar-o page is over here: http://www.freeridesystems.com/jacke...nd-comparisons

That's really helpful. I think it would be helpful to also put a link to that comparison page right underneath "All Products". If you could, I'd put it in a different color or "bold" it so it stands out. I think it's the first place people should be directed to if they're thinking "jacket".

That comparison page serves two very important purposes:

• It streamlines the decision making process and speeds up navigation (people leave sites when they get confused).
    • Perhaps even more importantly, it shows who you are and what you're about. It conveys how much thought and field testing went into the designs. You're not really selling jackets so much as you're selling your expertise and craftsmanship when you're selling "Made in Colorado" - real world products designed and manufactured and tested by real skiers.

The more you get folks discussing the features (for example) of an Antero II Plus vs. an Antero 3, the better off you are (think of the Praxis and ON3P threads - builds stoke).

I totally get the whole "being locked in thing" (software).

At some point (just for your own peace of mind) if you want some help using an FTP program to hunt down all of your photos, let me know. Doing photo shoots is way too much work to risk losing

I'm I big fan of keeping local redundant backups of my website. Also (I don't know if your site is built with WordPress), there's a great plugin called BackWpUp. You can set up automated backups to run which get dropped into a Dropbox account. I'm cheap and have only a free Dropbox account, but the 2GB is plenty of space to keep the last 15 backups.

Lastly, I appreciate the opportunity to comment because as I look at what you're doing, I reflect on my parallel approach and it's good to remind myself of this. Keep fighting the good fight!

... Thom

Hey Thom, before I track you down.....take a look again starting from main page and then clicking on either "Shopping" or "Products". I edited and rearranged the list of categories (e.g. Antero II, 3, etc) as well as added some additional grouping categories. Then follow on through to a jacket product page and click near the top of description where I have added a link to a comparison page. See if this helps with the issues and confusion you were thinking about.

As for quantity of jackets displayed my hands are tied to this (BC) platform due to an early choice for BC and now being not so sure where all my images are located for products. I have gone through about 3 computers since I have been on Big Cartel and images are everywhere. This means I would either have to try to steal them from my current site, hunt them down, or recreate. Also, I will say BC would not be my current 1st choice for a platform. Changing the site is just such a daunting and time consuming thought.

The BC platform only allows for 5 images per product, most of my jacket styles have significantly more colorways so that is also a limitation with regard to having a single product like Antero II and then showing 25 images with all the colors. Also, I would love to be able to dial down pricing to a specific sku but it's not going to happen on this platform. thanks, mc

ps I've been to your site in the past and you're stuff is ultra cool. When I was in school lived with a roommate whose family had audiophile stores and when I first visited his parent's house I saw a weird looking stereo with all kind of tubes, dials and things, and I said " I thought you guys were in the high end stereo business" , he said, "That's a Macintosh, dumb ass !" - I have hearing aids and profound hearing loss from birth so I never really was able to get into audiophile quality stuff. I just have to turn everything way up
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 08-17-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Galibier Design

^ yep just edited that hardshell soft-shell stuff....its been a long time since I've been deep in the html, can't remember how to add comparisons to top level navigation....that will come to me at like 3am I'm sure....I'm maxed out on the dropbox with out additional ante...not built with wordpress but on a theme, I may reach out after the busy season, I'm still deep in the throes of garment production too, thanks for all the advice and feedback !
    www.freeridesystems.com