Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    ^ yep just edited that hardshell soft-shell stuff....its been a long time since I've been deep in the html, can't remember how to add comparisons to top level navigation....that will come to me at like 3am I'm sure....I'm maxed out on the dropbox with out additional ante...not built with wordpress but on a theme, I may reach out after the busy season, I'm still deep in the throes of garment production too, thanks for all the advice and feedback !
    Add another "li" element to this code:

<nav class="sections">
    <ul class="navigation">
    <li><a href="/products" title="Products">Products</a></li>
    <li><a href="/about-us" title="View About Us">About Us</a></li>
    <li><a href="/made-in-usa" title="View Made in Colorado">Made in Colorado</a></li>
    <li><a href="/jacket-series-specs-and-comparisons" title="Product Comparisons">Product Comarisons</a></li>
    </ul>
    </nav>

I've never seen the "title=" qualifier. I'm guessing it appends "Freeride Systems" in the title bar at the top, with whatever is between the quotes.

Let's catch up for a Spring tour and an HTML party ;-)

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

^ thanks, crazy BC platform. I will work with that and see if I can get it done
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I'm learning how many hooks there are in modern websites, and eCommerce is really deep.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Enough of this nerd talk. 😁

I'm looking at your jackets and want to learn more about the hoods on the Antero 2 Plus.

Helmet compatibility and adjustment is my favorite set of features on an old Alpha SV (now a backup shell), but I'm dissatisfied with the hood on my current shell (Cosmic) despite liking most other features and fabric. It's a little too small to cover the helmet completely, which can put drips to the goggles, and the neck/collar becomes constrictive when zipped up. Hate feeling jammed in the chin when I want to hunker down on the stormy chair ride, and especially when hauling ass with hood up as it catches the wind and jams even more.

Your description says that the hood on the A2+ can be raised or lowered with the collar remaining zipped.... does this design also alleviate the chin jam when skiing fast with hood up? Looks like it should. Do the adjustment elastics provide adequate shape control of the hood? Does it cinch down well enough to stay put in very windy conditions? Can the collar be unzipped a little and still keep the hood firmly in place? Do you have any other pictures of this jacket, perhaps worn by someone with a helmet?

Thanks
    Last edited by Norseman; 08-18-2017 at 10:56 AM.

^ha ha yes, webnet session over

So first of all take a look at some of the images on this product and watch the videos, there is also a still pic from the back. I would say that getting the hood up and down with zipper up is no problem on antero 2 cause there is some stretch there, the antero II + has less stretch and with an xl helmet I must slightly open zipper to get it over, I would say less likely to have to do with small or medium helmets. On xl helmet the hood will ride a little farther back from front of helmet than smaller size. You can def ride with hood up and front jacket zip down using the 3 points to cinch it. (Sides and rear). Elastic gives good shape control. I've never had any issue with drips but that may have more to do with the cord tube design we use that keeps good curvature to the apex and going forward on the hood.

As for being jammed in the chin, this is engineered out by having a larger radius neckline transition from body to collar, this was always an issue for me when purchasing other brands before starting freeride systems. So, I knew when I started making my own jackets by second year that this had to not be an issue with freeride systems jackets. You should never fill much of any constriction again due to that larger radius neckline. The only time it is memorable is If u have a giant head and leave a thick hoodie in down position under jacket and a pony tail, then the neck of jacket has less room.
    www.freeridesystems.com

I've browsed your site a fair bit... saw the pictures of the jackets front/back/inside, but can't find the videos, or pictures from other angles.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

edit: found the 2014 youtube clip of the Antero 2 from Clark Cranfill to be minimally informative. Got any others you could point me to?
    Last edited by Norseman; 08-18-2017 at 11:31 AM.

If the neck area is bigger as you say...i'll be down for multiple orders.

I have an Antero II + and usually wear a thin base layer + light mid + Buff around my neck/face on cold days. Mobility with the hood up is fine for me over my helmet, but I typically ski down with my hood down on all but the coldest days or during storm skiing.

Sorry I think I forgot the link to product with videos

The Clark one is one of them

http://www.freeridesystems.com/produ...de-in-colorado
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    If the neck area is bigger as you say...i'll be down for multiple orders.
    Yes that is fact, I'm responsible for that design
    www.freeridesystems.com

Good man

Not jacket related -- but belts coming back in stock anytime soon? Want to grab one with some mountain khakis if possible and hate doubling up shipping.

Re: Medium-Tall replacement. I didn't buy the Antero 2+ from ya'll but from a fellow maggot. Wouldn't feel right taking advantage of your probably overly generous support.

^ it's ok, you use it a lot and have been a solid supporter , drop Kyle a line also ask him about belts, we have A handful that aren't in our online store, he has the list, we sold tons of belts when we had a dozen retailers but since most have been purged we haven't made more as it turns out belts were hot item in retail but not so much online...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Hey MiCol, is there an expected/projected response time from when we send you the email on the Freeride Systems site?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Hey MiCol, is there an expected/projected response time from when we send you the email on the Freeride Systems site?
    Oh that's probably not good that you are asking that.....has Kyle gone to sleep or dropped the ball? We should reply within an hour or less. Tell me what's going on...ok never mind I found out
    Update: he's on it....my apologies...thanks for letting me know
    Last edited by MiCol; 08-18-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Oh that's probably not good that you are asking that.....has Kyle gone to sleep or dropped the ball? We should reply within an hour or less. Tell me what's going on
    No problem. Totally fixed. You guys always come through. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I have an Antero II + and usually wear a thin base layer + light mid + Buff around my neck/face on cold days. Mobility with the hood up is fine for me over my helmet, but I typically ski down with my hood down on all but the coldest days or during storm skiing.
    Thanks for the thoughts.

-

In the PNW, I find myself skiing with hood up more often than not... pretty much any time it's precipitating since the snow is dense, and it rains once in a while.

I want a shell with a modern cut and a badass, comfortable hood that I can leave up over my helmet full time and not have to fuck with... that stays put when zooming around, covers my helmet completely, doesn't drip into my face, is roomy enough for a whiskered chin, can cinch down if it's super stormy or I'm touring with a beanie, etc... the hood is coming into focus for me as the most important component of a ski shell, personally.

Seems like the A2+ is worth a closer look... but I still want to see more about the fit with a helmet. The couple of vids from the chairlift were somewhat helpful (thanks, MiCol), but I think I want to see side profile pictures with the jacket worn by a person in a helmet.
    Last edited by Norseman; 08-18-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Seems like the A2+ is worth a closer look... but I still want to see more about the fit with a helmet. The couple of vids from the chairlift were somewhat helpful (thanks, MiCol), but I think I want to see side profile pictures with the jacket worn by a person in a helmet.
    I need to take some photos tonight of my A2+ because FRS is badass. I can probably put on a ski helmet and snap a few pics.

Kyle's busy making my jacket.

^ or something, I heard he cut out and was telecommuting from red rocks
    www.freeridesystems.com

Norse

I'm also a hood up person
    I tried a jacket (forget the name, but the one with the arcteryx collar/hood setup) during last year's shreds and the hood was pretty voluminous
    my current jacket sits up off my shoulders in hood-up situation -- micol's definitely did not
    I'd say it's more comfortable in the helmet scenario than the beanie scenario
    no issues for me w/ arm length either (normally a problem in other brands)

(i didn't purchase in the end due to body/skirt length, but it may work better for you)

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Norse

I'm also a hood up person
    I tried a jacket (forget the name, but the one with the arcteryx collar/hood setup) during last year's shreds and the hood was pretty voluminous
    my current jacket sits up off my shoulders in hood-up situation -- micol's definitely did not
    I'd say it's more comfortable in the helmet scenario than the beanie scenario
    no issues for me w/ arm length either (normally a problem in other brands)

(i didn't purchase in the end due to body/skirt length, but it may work better for you)
    Ok. Thanks A. Sounding good so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I need to take some photos tonight of my A2+ because FRS is badass. I can probably put on a ski helmet and snap a few pics.
    That'd be awesome.

I'm 6'2", 170# wearing a Medium Antero 2+ here. XL sized helmet but it is sort of a weird ski helmet shape I realize. Not really any smaller than my SOs more "normal" helmet though. FRS Bross hoodie as a mid-layer / over the top of the helmet as well. Collar is a bit cinched, but the hood is totally loose. Can be cinched way down in three ways (one on each side, and one in the back.) In short, it's a big hood and neck that can be tightened down as you see fit. And goes up easily without undoing the collar.

Let me know if different photos would help more.

I usually ride with hood far more cinched down over this. I leave it tightened, but it easily stretches over the helmet and into position.

I can't speak to how it works with a helmet in the rain. Because fuck skiing in the rain.

Dude, firstly, thank you so much for going out of your way to take these pictures. They are very helpful in understanding the fit of this shell.

Secondly, I'm your height but almost always wear an XL in anything with sleeves... these must run quite long (as previously noted) for you to wear a M with that fit. Is that a M tall?

Thirdly, you look like John Lennon and your dog looks awesome.

Lastly... there are much worse conditions for skiing than in the rain... at least in a maritime snowpack.

These do have decently long sleeves. However they may appear longer than they are for many people because I have pretty narrow shoulders (I wear a 38L suit for instance.) The length of the sleeves for their jackets is on their website (http://www.freeridesystems.com/sizing-specs) so you can compare to others you like the fit of.