Breakfast Spots in Copenhagen?

I have a 5-hour layover in Copenhagen on Sunday morning, from around 7-noon. I don't normally leave the airport during a layover, but 5 hours is probably long enough to get away with it. I've read that the train/Metro is accessible from the airport, and that it's easy to get to Kongens Nytorv or Nyhavn. Anyone have a good spot to recommend for a breakfast that would make it worthwhile to leave the airport? My guess is that I'll have about 2.5 hours when I factor in clearing customs and getting back to the airport.

Or should I just park myself in a lounge and go with the free stuff?

You should be good. The train in to the city is really easy and quick. I ate a bunch at the market just wandering through the various restaurants. There's a park across the street if you want to walk around after you eat and I think a train/metro stop nearby. I walked there so I'm not certain.
    Google maps says it's Torvehallerne

Breakfast Spots in Copenhagen?

Yeah just take the train in. It's like a 20 minute ride.

I would just grab a baguette or something and explore the city for a bit. Copenhagen is a neat city. Since you will only have a couple hours I would prioritize seeing Nyhaven. From there it is a short 1-2 block walk to the impressive square in front of the Ameliansborg palace. This is the center of Copenhagen, where the prince lives and where they have the changing of the guard. The square in front of the palace is definitely worth seeing.

If you have extra time you can explore the touristy areas around there and walk towards Rosenberg castle which is at Kongens Have park. Just 2 blocks away from this is Rundetaarn, The Round Tower. If the weather is good I would suggest paying the fee and walking to the top of the tower. You get a nice view of Copenhagen from the top. If you hurry you could probably accomplish all of this.

There is a ton of other stuff to do, but you won't have time. Copenhagen is definitely worth exploring, even if you end up just wandering around for a bit.

A couple years ago I had a 5 hour layover in Berlin and went on a whirlwind adventure around the city. Everything felt very rushed, but I saw a lot of things and was really glad I did it. This is the same type of situation you are in. Copenhagen is probably my favorite city in all of Europe. Such a cool place.
    Last edited by WTF is dat; 08-11-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks for the info (great write-up, WTF). Nyhavn will be the priority. Here's hoping for nice enough weather...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TGR Forums mobile app