Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shu Shu View Post
    Thanks D(C), and all. Gonna get on the hunt for a new fork, get some new tires in meantime, and also start saving for the next bike.
    I just upgraded my rear shock to a Cane Creek Coil from the same rear shock you have, the one that don't have the lock-out climbing switch are half-off if you search hard for them. Not ideal, but I'm hoping there won't be too much power loss with a properly set up shock. The stock shock I never used lock-off anyways. And the sales guy said if I'm about to do a really long climb you can adjust some settings and essentially lock it out, I won't know exactly what he means until I ride it.

Just a FYI for a cheap and (I hope for my sake, too) a significant improvement to your bike. Haven't ridden yet though.

Seconded on SR Suntour. Had a Durolux at 160 on my Process 134, HUGE HUGE HUGE difference. Definitely worth checking out.

Similar situation a few months back. Went with new bike.

So went with a dhf dhr combo, bought a good shock pump changed the oil in my fork and that's it. Played with the sag, running now a little more firm in the front and back. Makes a big difference at higher speeds a bit harsh on the small bumps buts feels all and all much more stable. Thanks all for talking me down. Still just loving this bike. Local shop is a big Kona dealer so I'm gonna wait and demo the new 153 with all the nice kit before investing in any significant upgrades. Also The new 2018 scout and the calling look like they would be awesome upgrades in terms of kit and Geo tweaks in the 130mm travel range which I really think is the sweet spot for 90% of my rides.

2018 process just came out btw

http://www.konaworld.com/platform_process.cfm

Yeah that's the one I was referring to. Marketing hype and guys at the shop were saying it supposedly climbs better than the current 134 and descends as well as the current 153. I still think it will be too much bike for my daily rides but looking forward to trying it.

Just like skis. I'd buy last years for 1/2 price.