Glen Campbell April 22, 1936 - August 8, 2017

RIP Glen

Interesting piece of video

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/m...ies-81-n790951

Glen Campbell, the country crooner and guitarist whose sentimental ballads and catchy pop hits soothed America during the tumult of the 1960s and 1970s, has died. He was 81.

The five-time Grammy winner and Country Music Hall of Famer went public with his Alzheimer’s diagnosis in 2011, hoping to raise awareness about the devastating disease.
    In his final months, Campbell struggled with the disease and lived at a full-time care facility in Nashville.
    His wife of 32 years, Kim Woolen, took NBC News' Cynthia McFadden to visit her husband at that facility in the fall of 2014.
    "We need to let people know about this disease, we need to do something about it," Woolen remembered her husband telling her at the time. "He really made himself vulnerable, because he wanted to make a difference."
    He is survived by his wife, Kim; their three children, Cal, Shannon and Ashley; and his children from previous marriages, Debby, Kelli, Travis, Kane and Dillon. He had 10 grandchildren, according to The Associated Press.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

the hits keep coming.

Dick Dale played on his farewell CD.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

RIP.

He became such a big tv/movie star it overshadowed the fact that he was one hell of a musician.

RIP
    The Sheriff is near!

For some reason I always associate Glen Campbell with the lunch line in the basement of my elementary school and canned Spinach. Think the lunch ladies liked listening to him. Thanks for the memories Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    That was pretty cool. Thanks for posting that.

Google The Wrecking Crew. That was a fluid group of studio musicians in L.A. in the 60s/early 70s who were responsible for a LOT of good music on the radio. Their greatest work of art was Good Vibrations. There is a documentary on YouTube about them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

^^^×2. Great history lesson.

Sent from my SM-G870W using TGR Forums mobile app