Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: E MTBs on TRT?

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Beer View Post
    This is horrible

https://youtu.be/n8kWuE5Pd0k

Get used to it... especially when your buddies go to the dark (and allegedly more fun) side
    I like how at the end he just ignores the trail and heads left. Typical.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Much like *you* could get away with riding in Designated Wilderness areas around there.

If you were a bastard.

Honestly, there are so many other great trails in the area I don't really have the desire.

what a wanker! why would you ride that trail up when its so fun coming down. Only tourists and dumb shits ride it that way! Isn't that section of the TRT Nevada State Parks?

answered my own question:

• The Tahoe Rim Trail is a multi-use trail open to hikers, bikers, and equestrians for the majority of its length. However, mountain bikes and equestrians are prohibited from some sections of the trail.

• Dogs are allowed on all sections of the Tahoe Rim Trail. Owners are asked to keep dogs on a leash in high use areas and under voice control. Please see our hiking with dogs page for more information
    • All motorized vehicles including electric bikes (ebikes) are prohibited from all sections of the Tahoe Rim Trail.
    • The maximum group size in wilderness areas is 12. This is also the maximum recommended group size on any section of the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I like how at the end he just ignores the trail and heads left. Typical.
    I noticed that too, but then I remembered that there are no shortage of "mountain bikers" who do the same thing on any trail with a perceived obstacle

Go spend a few minutes on the e-bike forum on MTBR, and you'll see that these aren't clueless folks that accidentally ended up riding a trail illegally. I know, I hate MTBR as much as anybody, but this is what we're increasingly going to be up against.

A few minutes, maybe 30 at the most. Any more, and you're likely to cry or laugh yourself to death.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Thanks Bag. I stopped over there and its pretty depressing. Dam, ignorance was bliss!

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Beer View Post
    This is horrible

https://youtu.be/n8kWuE5Pd0k

Get used to it... especially when your buddies go to the dark (and allegedly more fun) side
    Jesus.

"So, we're comically incompetent riders and engaging in illegal activity. I think it would be a good idea to document this and post it publicly on Youtube."

"Brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Go spend a few minutes on the e-bike forum on MTBR, and you'll see that these aren't clueless folks that accidentally ended up riding a trail illegally. I know, I hate MTBR as much as anybody, but this is what we're increasingly going to be up against.

A few minutes, maybe 30 at the most. Any more, and you're likely to cry or laugh yourself to death.
    I hate you so much now.

I saw one on the TRT in the Painted Rock area a month ago. Was chilling at the top enjoying the view with a buddy and a 60-something guy went by on one. Buddy remarked that he hopes he's in shape at that age and I mentioned that the e-bike certainly helped. Didn't give it a ton of thought until now. This was a busy Saturday too, the one right after the 4th of July.

Definitely not helpful in terms of broader cycling advocacy. You'll have non-cyclists being confused and conflating the wrong things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.