Original Godzilla suit actor Haruo Nakajima dies

Original Godzilla suit actor Haruo Nakajima dies

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40860365

The man who first bought the beloved and feared monster Godzilla to life has died, the film company behind the monster says.

Haruo Nakajima, who wore the Godzilla suit in 12 movies, died on Monday from pneumonia at the age of 88, it said.
    In an interview this year Nakajima explained how the original 1954 costume was created from ready-mixed concrete and weighed up to 100kg (220lbs).

He said he studied animals in the Tokyo zoo to prepare for the role.

Nakajima started off as a stunt actor in samurai and war films including "Seven Samurai" by Akira Kurosawa.
    He first played Godzilla - a giant beast who emerges from the deep after a nuclear test - in the 1954 film entitled Godzilla directed by Ishiro Honda and produced by the famed Japanese film studio Toho.

He went on to play the character in consecutive sequels as well as playing other beasts Rodan, Mothra and King Kong.
    His last outing in the suit was in the 1972 Godzilla vs. Gigan.

Godzilla has since become a monster classic with dozens of Japanese and Hollywood movies made featuring the character. Most of the newer movies use computer graphics to create the monster.

The latest instalment called Shin Godzilla was released last year under the original Toho studio.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

One little puff of smoke came out of his mouth at the end.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Don't know why this came across my computer... Godzilla had it goin' on...

Original Party Animal

oh no

there goes Tokyo

^I saw BOC in a club. Maybe the loudest concert I've ever been to. So loud I had to leave after 3-4 songs.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    ^I saw BOC in a club. Maybe the loudest concert I've ever been to. So loud I had to leave after 3-4 songs.
    OH NO...