Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

18BBi Bozeman: B-Team Tryouts, March 2/3/4, 2018

Ok, team... we got ourselves another skiers party spinning off the OG Alpentalian franchise. Last year's satellite event at Jackson was fun as shit... time to cycle over to a couple of Montucky venues to test yer oysters. Whether dem oysters be the dangly type hangin on yer 1-ton diesel, or the internal numbers that keep to moon cycles and pump out nonsense hormones, all are welcome and encouraged. This is a great chance to zoom around with a few other mountain-minded miscreants, with antics, raffle prizes, dogs, kids, and laughs aplenty.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Friday, March 2: Bridger Bowl.

Saturday, March 3: Big Sky.

Sunday, March 4: Your choice (return to either hill... or tour, travel home, ice knees/nuts/ego, scope the college babes, shoot guns, break ice on the river, hang at the bar, whatever)

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Last edited by Norseman; 02-22-2018 at 11:33 PM.

the above message has been Baker Bob approved

Bridger parking:

Here is some Bridger Bowl study material. Get to know it a little and prepare your mind and body. There are sometimes-hairy traverses and bootpacks, long return tracks from sidecountry, long fall lines, legit avalanche hazards (beacon required to ride one lift and for hiking), and bold locals putting tracks into consequential terrain... all making it an outstanding expert skier's hill, but one must be aware.

General introduction: the trail map.

Most of the upper mountain is steep and technical, tapering down into long, mellow groomers. The purple shaded area on the map is designated "ridge terrain", and is accessed from three points: a bootpack starting at the top of the Bridger lift puts you on the classic Ridge terrain, a shorter bootpack starting at the top of the Pierre's Knob lift serves the Fingers, and the Slushman's lift hauls you to the top of 1700' of un-groomed, un-marked mixed gnar.

The following set of images were published in a 2015 online guide: Bridger Bowl Terrain Guide. Most of them appear to have been taken late in the spring, which is nice because the prominent lines are well defined... but also a little misleading, because many more variations "go" in the winter when more of the rock bands are covered. You'll likely see fatter coverage in early March, but if the winter sucks then maybe not.

From North to South... the control route zones are named by letter. The highest lift, Slushmans (Schlasman's if you buy the dweebo marketers' attempt at renaming) is on the southern end of the resort and was built in 2008.

This thread used to be full of great stoke, but fucking photobucket wrecked it with their recent policy change: TR; This Last Weekend At Bridger

There are sill a few things worth learning in there.
    Last edited by Norseman; 02-22-2018 at 11:35 PM.

saved for BS info

saved for Bozone info

Looking forward to this.

I will be tending bar at least one of these nights, Fri/Sat, at a trendy, downtown bzn bar. Plans should develop organically, please let me know what can be done to help offset liquor costs.

Also, I know there were shenanigans at the last BBI involving more than the usual thc. If there is a collective decision on how things are getting weird I would be happy to help accommodate.

In like Flynn.

Checking in with a "maybe"

Edit: All in, baby!
    Last edited by NW_SKIER; 03-02-2018 at 06:41 AM.

Definitely see you at Big Sky on March 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    In like Flynn.
    Word.

"B-team" huh? Not what I've heard about Bridger...

Count me in.

I smell a work trip to Montana :-)

I nominate ghosthop for partyczar.

"nonsense hormones," lol.
    Well shit, I don't see how I couldn't make Bridger. Not very far away and can probably find a place to crash. Even if I had to go crash back at my sister-in-law's, that's still only like an hour and a half.
    What are Bridger lift tickets now? I don't think they're too bad. Never got to ski Slushman's when I was there. Just skied Moonlight. Gonna have to make up for that, bigly.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Sounds like a horrible idea.

If I can get the time off, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Checking in with a "maybe"
    X2

Famous e-skiers, unite!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'll offer to give a snowboarders tour of BB. It is a side step traverse mountain and there are some work around I have found over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    I nominate ghosthop for partyczar.
    I 2nd this motion.

Quote Originally Posted by WAlove View Post
    I'll offer to give a snowboarders tour of BB. It is a side step traverse mountain and there are some work around I have found over the years.
    Usually up fri and sat most weekends and can help some knuckledraggers around as well. Depending on work schedule I could tour some people out north (or maybe west side depending on avy/snow conditions and ability to keep mouth shut. Otherwise I'll prob see you weirdos getting shitfaced at the griz.

man i really want to knuckledrag at this one, too. i just can't see it happening this year.

This thread needs a more inspiring photo of Big Sky/Lone Peak. Tram to the top. All skiable terrain. And that's not even half of it.

dayum

I'll be there probably, and probably for more than three days, and probably only at Bridger. Might be able to put up some people with some beds, but it'll be nowhere near downtown Bozo. I'll figure it what I can do in January, if anything. Too early to say if my 'family' house will be empty or not.

"yeah i'll ski it, i'll ski it for sure"

Schmitt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2061-X3.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	603.7 KB 
ID:	210421
    Last edited by byates1; 08-24-2017 at 08:47 PM.