Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    can't let the grass grow under your feet around here, can you?

139$ holy sugar daddy | Chet must be rolling over in his grave
    ​I am not in your hurry

If anyone has any left over buddy passes I may need two, sat and Sunday. Debating about staying at Bucks or with a friend at 4 corners and driving every day.

Well whoever's holding - I'd be much obliged and I"m never empty handed.

I'll be easy to find... the guy setting pitons in Betelgeuse's driveway, hoping to quaff off his quiver.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    No hootch necessary. Consider yourselves buddies. I will make a note.

Just bring snow.

Jackattack
    LW Skier
    Moose Knuckles

confirmed.
    Muchas Gracias!

Can be a buddy if im not working.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Excellent, thanks for the info yeahman, So it appears things haven't changed too much in the ski bum lodging arena. I can swing those prices and am a pretty solid haggler.

I have 4 JHMR 50% off vouchers for this season to trade to a mag for a buddy hook up at BS. 1:1

Does there seem to be a pattern where mags are staying? In Boze, at the BS base, down at the T4? Party lot?

I'm planning to be there for this momentous occasion, and also looking for lodging and/or ticket hookup.
    BZ or BS works for me. Before and after I will be staying with relatives near Hamilton.
    anything from floor space to sharing lodging cost could work for me
    Bringing a case of CA grapefruit and a case of homebrew.

I'd love a buddy ticket for Saturday if possible. Thanks

18BBi Bozeman: B-Team Tryouts, March 2/3/4, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I'd love a buddy ticket for Saturday if possible. Thanks
    I had zero idea that these buddy passes existed.

I will give one to Norseman, one to AustinFromSA, and one to AxeBiker (if he comes). I will post here if any of these dudes bail.

Edit: wait, does Bobby need one ?

Edit #2: AxeBiker just sent me a text and he can't make it. Bobby, you want it ? If not, first person to PM me gets it.
    Last edited by Harry; 01-03-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Word, thanks Harry.

Buddy deal confirmed here... "Gold Tram Season Pass" only.

I'm still looking for one if anyone else is holding.

Word, thanks Harry.

Buddy deal confirmed here... "Gold Tram Season Pass" only.
    OK, well I am fucked then. After my heart attack last year I ended up buying the Gold Lite Pass. So I don't qualify for this buddy pass deal after all. Sorry Norseman and all the peeps who PM'd me.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by SailCat View Post
    I'm planning to be there for this momentous occasion, and also looking for lodging and/or ticket hookup.
    BZ or BS works for me. Before and after I will be staying with relatives near Hamilton.
    anything from floor space to sharing lodging cost could work for me
    Bringing a case of CA grapefruit and a case of homebrew.
    This man grows a mean grapefruit.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

For those looking, I've got floor/couch space in Bozeman. I would say it's only suitable for those truly looking to dirtbag it but is certainly an option.

Norseman, are there any plans for activities outside of skiing? Music, hot springs, feast? I imagine we could find a space once we have an idea of a headcount, I have a friend or two who would be happy to help smoke part or all of a swine. I had been planning on talking to MAP and Gulch Distillers in Helena about alcohol accommodations in the next few weeks. Shovels & Rope will be playing the Rialto Saturday night. I'm not nearly as tapped into things up in Big Sky but I would imagine there will be those who are not interested in driving the canyon after a day of skiing as well. I'm all ears at this point to those who have any thoughts on what, if anything else, would make for enjoyable festivities and happy to help accommodate what I can.

In death a member of Tgr has a name.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    For those looking, I've got floor/couch space in Bozeman. I would say it's only suitable for those truly looking to dirtbag it but is certainly an option.

Norseman, are there any plans for activities outside of skiing? Music, hot springs, feast? I imagine we could find a space once we have an idea of a headcount, I have a friend or two who would be happy to help smoke part or all of a swine. I had been planning on talking to MAP and Gulch Distillers in Helena about alcohol accommodations in the next few weeks. Shovels & Rope will be playing the Rialto Saturday night. I'm not nearly as tapped into things up in Big Sky but I would imagine there will be those who are not interested in driving the canyon after a day of skiing as well. I'm all ears at this point to those who have any thoughts on what, if anything else, would make for enjoyable festivities and happy to help accommodate what I can.

Yeah, probably about time to start getting more serious with the planning.

That said, I don't want to have everyone hold hands and do the same shit. Folks will have different ski abilities and preferences, evening plans, party ambitions, social tolerance, etc.

Maybe we should establish a few solid options for doing shit together and let folks filter however they see fit.

I propose having most folks together for a group photo, whether that's at the top of Bridger/Challenger or at the base or wherever, and then all congregate again for the raffle(s), likely after the lifts close.

I also think it's worth having a rough outline for ski plans, too, so that whoever is game can get good tours from locs and not feel abandoned. Just a couple simple time/place meetings, like first chair at VC/Swifty, 10:30 Slushmans/Tram, 2:20 last call ridge hike, etc... that'll evolve with the weather and other things of course but let's think about how to make the most of our time.

Hot springs would be great but a haul (except Bozeman Hot Springs but that's indoors, meh)... I love Norris but man that's a ways to drive for a limited weekend ski trip. Might as well put it out there, though.

So let's start putting out ideas for fun shit to do and I'll keep track of them in the first few posts to keep a handy reference.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    In death a member of Tgr has a name.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    HIS NAME IS BOBBY BAKER!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hot springs would be great but a haul (except Bozeman Hot Springs but that's indoors, meh)... I love Norris but man that's a ways to drive for a limited weekend ski trip. Might as well put it out there, though..
    If you're staying in Bozeman, Norris isn't that much of a haul. They have a good deal for the DD, too, where if you carpool out the driver soaks for free (and if you're really doing it big time, you can score a plate of nachos, too). The food's good, the beer's cold and the soaking after a long day of tomahawking is nice.

So let's start putting out ideas for fun shit to do and I'll keep track of them in the first few posts to keep a handy reference.
    Apres option for Saturday at Big Sky...a maggot is playing music at Scissorbills Saloon on the mountain starting at 3:30 p.m. His musician name is Telemark Tom, online name is coldsmokemt or some variation of that. He doesn't post much, occasionally lurks. Anyway he's a buddy of mine so I'll probably go to Scissorbills for a brew after skiing and check him out.

Folks will have different ski abilities and preferences, evening plans, party ambitions, social tolerance, etc.

Maybe we should establish a few solid options for doing shit together and let folks filter however they see fit.

I propose having most folks together for a group photo, whether that's at the top of Bridger/Challenger or at the base or wherever, and then all congregate again for the raffle(s), likely after the lifts close.

I also think it's worth having a rough outline for ski plans, too, so that whoever is game can get good tours from locs and not feel abandoned.

Here goes my input:

A) I have floor space Friday & Sat nights in Big Sky. BYO sleeping bag, pillow, & towel. PM me for reservations as space is limited.

B) I volunteer to be an on-area tour guide in Big Sky on Saturday for those who want to ski less-than-gnar. Sick, lame, lazy, elderly, whatever your issue I can show you a good time. With 20-some lifts and over 200 marked runs, there is a whole lot to ski here besides butt puckering tram laps. I willing concede tram-guide duty to Yeahman or Bunion.

C) Saturday lunch at Shedhorn Yurt. Group photo after in the adjacent Sunrise Bowl with Lenin & Marx in the background.

D) Saturday apres at Scissorbills.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    If you're staying in Bozeman, Norris isn't that much of a haul. They have a good deal for the DD, too, where if you carpool out the driver soaks for free (and if you're really doing it big time, you can score a plate of nachos, too). The food's good, the beer's cold and the soaking after a long day of tomahawking is nice.
    That's true, but its like 1.5 hrs from Big Sky. A little more reasonable for apres-Bridger... still a time sink though. Could be great if a bluegrass band is playing.

Aiming to make it to this shindig. Looking forward to radness and beer.

Maybe this has already been covered, but what's the scoop on camping in the Bridger parking lot? They cool with that? And same question for Big Sky - we successfully camped a few days last year. I'm assuming nothing has changed (i.e. camping isn't allowed, but doable if you're reasonably discreet)?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Here goes my input:

A) I have floor space Friday & Sat nights in Big Sky. BYO sleeping bag, pillow, & towel. PM me for reservations as space is limited.

B) I volunteer to be an on-area tour guide in Big Sky on Saturday for those who want to ski less-than-gnar....

C) Saturday lunch at Shedhorn Yurt. Group photo after in the adjacent Sunrise Bowl with Lenin & Marx in the background.

D) Saturday apres at Scissorbills.
    Good ideas.

Yurt sounds fun... def more romantic than the base area brown bag room (is that even around still?)... though with the limited capacity at the yurt, it might be prudent to bring backup food in the pack in case the place is swamped. Will I get kicked out for eating a sandwich? 😁

If the weather is hammering or Shedhorn lift is down, what's plan B?

Scissorbills seems like a solid choice for apres.

Still in the process of deciding about my attendance. How many knuckledraggers are currently attending?

I can swing the time off work, I can make the drive happen. But I don't wanna end up following skiers around all weekend

18BBi Bozeman: B-Team Tryouts, March 2/3/4, 2018

I'm down for whatever includes accessing the gnar.
    I like the early meet up at slushmans for BB. If we can secure a spot in the lot for tailgating, that would be rad.
    For BS I'm down for all of it. The Yurt lunch sounds cool, will pack a sammi for reasons Norse listed. The Apres band thing sounds cool.
    I know BS real well but some current local knowledge of the scree piles would be awesome.
    The hot spring thing is not my jam.